[CASE] Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ATX

HungryPillow

Senior Member
Joined
May 5, 2008
Messages
828
Reaction score
17
Think you forgot to connect the Corsair pump header.. Don't see you mentioning it anywhere. Connect it to CPU_FAN header and set to 100%. This is probably why you are getting the error...

CPU_OPT will mimic CPU_FAN speed. Unless you want your radiator fans to always be at 100% I'd suggest connecting to PWM hub or another chasis fan header

PWM hub connect to chasis fan header instead of CPU fan header

Not sure about LED strip.. Only know it is compatible with AURA supported boards. The Phanteks case and Phanteks LED strip both have a locking style connector. Hope this is helpful.

Thank you for the quick reply :)

You are right I left out the Corsair pump header. I saw on the case that it says I have to connect the case PWM to CPU_FAN so I did not connect anything to the Corsair pump header.

How do I set the Corsair pump header to 100%? Is it by pressing the button until all 3 LEDs light up? If it's set to 100% does that mean it will run at full speed all the time?

My radiator fans are both 4 pin... will they still have full function if I connect to 3 pin on the case PWM hub? If I connect these to the PWM hub that means there is nothing going into the Corsair pump header? Sorry I'm so confused by all this fan stuff haha

As above I thought the PWM hub has to connect to CPU_FAN? If I connect to a chassis fan header will it still be OK? Thanks again :)
 

xSyntz

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2016
Messages
36
Reaction score
0
Thank you for the quick reply :)

You are right I left out the Corsair pump header. I saw on the case that it says I have to connect the case PWM to CPU_FAN so I did not connect anything to the Corsair pump header.

How do I set the Corsair pump header to 100%? Is it by pressing the button until all 3 LEDs light up? If it's set to 100% does that mean it will run at full speed all the time?

My radiator fans are both 4 pin... will they still have full function if I connect to 3 pin on the case PWM hub? If I connect these to the PWM hub that means there is nothing going into the Corsair pump header? Sorry I'm so confused by all this fan stuff haha

As above I thought the PWM hub has to connect to CPU_FAN? If I connect to a chassis fan header will it still be OK? Thanks again :)

You can configure speeds for each fan header under the BIOS under the "Monitor" tab. AIO pumps are recommended to run at 100% at all times.

Connecting the 4 pin radiator fans to the 3 pin outputs on the fan hub poses no issues. As it is a PWM fan hub it will regulate the fan speeds for all fans on the hub using 1 PWM signal input.

The Corsair pump header will be powered by the CPU fan header. CPU fan header needs to detect an RPM reading. Connecting it to the CPU fan header is the most appropriate choice here.

The PWM hub does not return an RPM reading, hence the motherboard thought there was no CPU fan connected just now and prompted the error.

Connecting the PWM hub to any PWM supported header is fine. (The chasis fan headers on the Z77 ST are PWM)

You need to change the chassis fan profiles to manual instead of standard to enable PWM mode. Refer to section 3.6 page 3-32 through 3-36 in the motherboard manual to do this
 
Last edited:

HungryPillow

Senior Member
Joined
May 5, 2008
Messages
828
Reaction score
17
You can configure speeds for each fan header under the BIOS under the "Monitor" tab. AIO pumps are recommended to run at 100% at all times.

Connecting the 4 pin radiator fans to the 3 pin outputs on the fan hub poses no issues. As it is a PWM fan hub it will regulate the fan speeds for all fans on the hub using 1 PWM signal input.

The Corsair pump header will be powered by the CPU fan header. CPU fan header needs to detect an RPM reading. Connecting it to the CPU fan header is the most appropriate choice here.

The PWM hub does not return an RPM reading, hence the motherboard thought there was no CPU fan connected just now and prompted the error.

Connecting the PWM hub to any PWM supported header is fine. (The chasis fan headers on the Z77 ST are PWM)

You need to change the chassis fan profiles to manual instead of standard to enable PWM mode. Refer to section 3.6 page 3-32 through 3-36 in the motherboard manual to do this

OK so just to confirm this is what I should do:

Connect the two radiator fans to the case PWM hub
Connect the PWM hub to CPU_OPT on the motherboard
Connect the Corsair pump header to the motherboard CPU_FAN
Leave the exhaust fan on the motherboard CHA_FAN3 (or can I connect this to the PWM hub as well?)
Leave the front fans connected to the case PWM hub

So that means there will be no fans connected into the Corsair pump header?

Thanks for all your help, this has been very helpful and I'm nearly there. Stayed up all night doing this lol :D
 

xSyntz

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2016
Messages
36
Reaction score
0
OK so just to confirm this is what I should do:

Connect the two radiator fans to the case PWM hub
Connect the PWM hub to CPU_OPT on the motherboard
Connect the Corsair pump header to the motherboard CPU_FAN
Leave the exhaust fan on the motherboard CHA_FAN3 (or can I connect this to the PWM hub as well?)
Leave the front fans connected to the case PWM hub

So that means there will be no fans connected into the Corsair pump header?

Thanks for all your help, this has been very helpful and I'm nearly there. Stayed up all night doing this lol :D

You should do the following:
Connect the two radiator fans to the case PWM hub
Connect the PWM hub to any CHA_FAN on the motherboard
Connect the Corsair pump header to the motherboard CPU_FAN
Connect the exhaust fan to the motherboard CHA_FAN3 or PWM hub
Leave the front fans connected to the case PWM hub

Corsair unit fan splitter is optional. Not required to connect fans to it. If you want to connect to it its also fine, you will need to use Corsair Link to control the fans instead of BIOS.

Go to BIOS and configure the fan headers:
CPU_FAN set to 100% speed
Change any connected CHA_FAN headers to Manual mode > PWM > Configure to your liking (cooling vs noise balance)

If you prefer to use software to control the fans you can look at ASUS thermal radar for Z77 ST

Np and do share pics when its completed!

EDIT: Moving forward you might want to look into positive vs negative air pressure. That itself is another whole new topic...
 
Last edited:

HungryPillow

Senior Member
Joined
May 5, 2008
Messages
828
Reaction score
17
You should do the following:
Connect the two radiator fans to the case PWM hub
Connect the PWM hub to any CHA_FAN on the motherboard
Connect the Corsair pump header to the motherboard CPU_FAN
Connect the exhaust fan to the motherboard CHA_FAN3 or PWM hub
Leave the front fans connected to the case PWM hub

Corsair unit fan splitter is optional. Not required to connect fans to it. If you want to connect to it its also fine, you will need to use Corsair Link to control the fans instead of BIOS.

Go to BIOS and configure the fan headers:
CPU_FAN set to 100% speed
Change any connected CHA_FAN headers to Manual mode > PWM > Configure to your liking (cooling vs noise balance)

If you prefer to use software to control the fans you can look at ASUS thermal radar for Z77 ST

Np and do share pics when its completed!

EDIT: Moving forward you might want to look into positive vs negative air pressure. That itself is another whole new topic...

OK! I've connected all fans to the case PWM hub. I connected the case PWM hub to CHA_FAN3, and I connected the Corsair pump to CPU_FAN.

When I booted up all the fans were running at max speed and I couldn't adjust them at all. Then I started unplugging things and when I unplugged the SATA 12v power for the case PWM hub, the fans seemed to go back to normal. Does this sound correct? I have no idea why this would be.

Is there also some way I can see or test if the fans are indeed working in PWM mode?

Edit: For some reason, in BIOS I cannot adjust Chassis Fan 3 lower than 40C / 60% fan speed. In Windows I tried Asus Thermal Radar and the lowest I can go is 30C / 40% fan speed. And when I startup / shutdown the computer it goes back to 100% fan speed for a little bit. Is this normal?
 
Last edited:

Nights

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,509
Reaction score
4
I collected my case and done set up my new rig. After power up, my system fans are not spinning at all. :s11::s11: I connect the fan Hub cable to mother board system fan. Should I follow the cable instruction to connect to CPU fan? I do have another CPU fan connector.
 

xSyntz

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2016
Messages
36
Reaction score
0
OK! I've connected all fans to the case PWM hub. I connected the case PWM hub to CHA_FAN3, and I connected the Corsair pump to CPU_FAN.

When I booted up all the fans were running at max speed and I couldn't adjust them at all. Then I started unplugging things and when I unplugged the SATA 12v power for the case PWM hub, the fans seemed to go back to normal. Does this sound correct? I have no idea why this would be.

Is there also some way I can see or test if the fans are indeed working in PWM mode?

Edit: For some reason, in BIOS I cannot adjust Chassis Fan 3 lower than 40C / 60% fan speed. In Windows I tried Asus Thermal Radar and the lowest I can go is 30C / 40% fan speed. And when I startup / shutdown the computer it goes back to 100% fan speed for a little bit. Is this normal?

Should keep the SATA power for all the case connectors connected for everything to work proeprly

After consulting the Z77 ST manual, the lowest threshold value allowed is 40C/60% and 90C/100% for temp/fan speed.

Reference:
CQIOabi.png

JZbVqj3.png


Not sure about thermal radar as I've never used it before...

Always during POST the fans will run full blast. Think this is a ASUS board thing, my ASUS mobo does that too. So this is normal behavior.
 

xSyntz

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2016
Messages
36
Reaction score
0
I collected my case and done set up my new rig. After power up, my system fans are not spinning at all. :s11::s11: I connect the fan Hub cable to mother board system fan. Should I follow the cable instruction to connect to CPU fan? I do have another CPU fan connector.

Check if the fan hub's SATA power input is connected ...
 

Nights

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,509
Reaction score
4
Check if the fan hub's SATA power input is connected ...

There are 2 SATA power connectors and both are connected. Also my case top tray can't slide out. I had unscrewed the 2 screws holding it but still can't pull it out.
 

Vodkilla

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 20, 2009
Messages
1,886
Reaction score
130
There are 2 SATA power connectors and both are connected. Also my case top tray can't slide out. I had unscrewed the 2 screws holding it but still can't pull it out.

3 more screws on the other side...
 

shanli

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2014
Messages
694
Reaction score
0
Can I ask how come my fan hub for this case will power up all 6 fans when I connect the cpu 4 pin connector to it but I never connect the 12v power supply. So is the 12v power supply not really needed to power the hub?
 

HungryPillow

Senior Member
Joined
May 5, 2008
Messages
828
Reaction score
17
Should keep the SATA power for all the case connectors connected for everything to work proeprly

After consulting the Z77 ST manual, the lowest threshold value allowed is 40C/60% and 90C/100% for temp/fan speed.

Not sure about thermal radar as I've never used it before...

Always during POST the fans will run full blast. Think this is a ASUS board thing, my ASUS mobo does that too. So this is normal behavior.

OK, I think I finally got it! Thank you so much for all your help :s13:

I plugged all case fans and radiator fans into the case PWM hub. I connected the PWM hub to CPU_FAN. I connected the Corsair pump with no fans in it to CPU_OPT (I Google'd that the two CPU headers are the only ones with true PWM for the Z77 mobo). Then I connected the SATA 12v cable.

Everything seems to be working fine now. Originally planned to finish this in one night ended up taking me two lol... anyway here are some pictures :D

nn8SfEG.jpg


zHNn4vP.jpg


lTuXY1m.jpg


UZpB15T.jpg
 
Last edited:

xSyntz

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2016
Messages
36
Reaction score
0
OK, I think I finally got it! Thank you so much for all your help :s13:

I plugged all case fans and radiator fans into the case PWM hub. I connected the PWM hub to CPU_FAN. I connected the Corsair pump with no fans in it to CPU_OPT (I Google'd that the two CPU headers are the only ones with true PWM for the Z77 mobo). Then I connected the SATA 12v cable.

Everything seems to be working fine now. Originally planned to finish this in one night ended up taking me two lol... anyway here are some pictures :D

Np! Glad you got everything sorted out. Looks great, very nice and clean. Always nice to see different builds in this case.
 

royfrosty

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2009
Messages
27,728
Reaction score
1,554
Can I ask how come my fan hub for this case will power up all 6 fans when I connect the cpu 4 pin connector to it but I never connect the 12v power supply. So is the 12v power supply not really needed to power the hub?

The fan hub doesn't need a 12v. That 12v is for powering led for the power button and front of the chassis, it's also for connecting phanteks led strip onto it and change Color.
 

shanli

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2014
Messages
694
Reaction score
0
The fan hub doesn't need a 12v. That 12v is for powering led for the power button and front of the chassis, it's also for connecting phanteks led strip onto it and change Color.

LvcV0dA.jpg


But I got 2, the power button and front of chassis I already powered it. I got another 1 for the hub.
 

shanli

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2014
Messages
694
Reaction score
0
1 to button 1 to led phanteks
Sorry but I still dont quite understand what u mean, because I just connect the 12v which powers all the chassis leds.

The front led, top button led and the leds strips is all linked to one 12v cable only right?

Because I am currently measuring how much cables I need to buy so dont really wanna calculate wrong.
 

LiquidSilver

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 7, 2003
Messages
1,182
Reaction score
2
o3z2R7S.jpg


hooked up mine with stock fan :s13:

I have a question though. I bot the 2m led kit and cut into half then realise 1 end connecter is male and the case led connectors are both male, is there a female-female adapter i can buy?
 
Last edited:

xSyntz

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2016
Messages
36
Reaction score
0
LvcV0dA.jpg


But I got 2, the power button and front of chassis I already powered it. I got another 1 for the hub.

thats strange .. i have 3 on my case

im assuming:
1 for power button + front panel led
1 for LED strip connector
1 for fan hub

not very sure on this
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top