[CASE] Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ATX

Koenig168

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2007
Messages
10,087
Reaction score
1,772
I've been eyeing this case for a long time but the lack of optical drive holds me back. How do you get around this issue?

I understand that optical drive is becoming less common because of digital download. However, isn't it still essential for a number of tasks? Say, you do a new build or reformat, you can install OS via USB boot but drivers still come in DVD format? If you don't have an extra PC or laptop to download the LAN driver then you won't be able to go online in the first place to download other drivers.

You can use an external ODD.
 

dayfornight

Junior Member
Joined
May 2, 2013
Messages
92
Reaction score
0
I've been eyeing this case for a long time but the lack of optical drive holds me back. How do you get around this issue?

I understand that optical drive is becoming less common because of digital download. However, isn't it still essential for a number of tasks? Say, you do a new build or reformat, you can install OS via USB boot but drivers still come in DVD format? If you don't have an extra PC or laptop to download the LAN driver then you won't be able to go online in the first place to download other drivers.

To me the only thing is "future expandability". If in the future I wan to go VR or the upcoming USB C, the case only has 2 USB 3 and no drive bracket.

HaHa but I still bought the case, waiting for stocks to come. Just can't resist the Tempered Glass .. :s22:
 

Nights

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,509
Reaction score
4
Received this picture just now. A colleague's friend replaced his old case to an ENTHOO SERIES Evolv ATX Tempered Glass. :D
His old MSI mobo, vga card and GSkill still remain.


I like this brightness. Can help to ask your friend how many light strips he used?
I ordered for ATX TG edition also. Hopefully can get the case before National Day :)
 

tremor

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2001
Messages
37,576
Reaction score
1,256
Sian, just got pm, shipment delayed till 15 August then come. Cannot celebrate national day with bling bling Liao.
 

NeonX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
14,896
Reaction score
1,448
Btw guys, I wonder how u guys achieve positive air flow with this case. Kinda in a fix

I am using 2 140mm fans as intake, top using h100I v2 as exhaust, and a 140mm back exhaust. Was wondering if I should flip the top radiator fans as intake, so total 4 intakes, 1 140 exhaust out the back?

Sent from Samsung SM-G930F using GAGT
 

xSyntz

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2016
Messages
36
Reaction score
0
Btw guys, I wonder how u guys achieve positive air flow with this case. Kinda in a fix

I am using 2 140mm fans as intake, top using h100I v2 as exhaust, and a 140mm back exhaust. Was wondering if I should flip the top radiator fans as intake, so total 4 intakes, 1 140 exhaust out the back?

Sent from Samsung SM-G930F using GAGT

thought of that as well... but as the top is not filtered it might actually introduce even more dust into the case

was thinking of buying dust filters to cover the top radiator tray but i think its not a very good solution either
 

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2008
Messages
7,576
Reaction score
347
Btw guys, I wonder how u guys achieve positive air flow with this case. Kinda in a fix

I am using 2 140mm fans as intake, top using h100I v2 as exhaust, and a 140mm back exhaust. Was wondering if I should flip the top radiator fans as intake, so total 4 intakes, 1 140 exhaust out the back?

Sent from Samsung SM-G930F using GAGT

I am using 3 x 120mm fans in the front with the radiator as intakes. 3 x 120mm fans on top and 1 x 140mm fan at the back for exhaust.
 

NeonX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
14,896
Reaction score
1,448
I am using 3 x 120mm fans in the front with the radiator as intakes. 3 x 120mm fans on top and 1 x 140mm fan at the back for exhaust.

was thinking of shifting my radiator front as intake also, but not sure if the pipes are long enough.

not sure if i should even bother about it, my gaming temps are about 70 on both gpu and cpu
 

*adiBOY

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2008
Messages
7,576
Reaction score
347
was thinking of shifting my radiator front as intake also, but not sure if the pipes are long enough.

not sure if i should even bother about it, my gaming temps are about 70 on both gpu and cpu

Which AIO are you using?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top