[CAUTION] DO NOT HOPE TOO MUCH AS...

  • Need help?
    Reach out to someone from Samaritans of Singapore (24 hours): Call 1-767 or WhatsApp 9151-1767 More info

bigbadber

Banned
Joined
Mar 7, 2007
Messages
44,793
Reaction score
2,799
The more likely way of change to happen in Singapore is a slow method, and that is by voting in more opposition during every election, especially when voters see the positive changes year after year biy by bit.... That is if the opposition parties can successfully resist the tactics used by the ruling party to fix them and undermine their reputation.

We may not necessarily want opposition to take over the government, but a more balanced parliament where one can hold the other accountable, much like a British parliament.
 

blankk

Banned
Joined
Apr 10, 2014
Messages
7,119
Reaction score
1
No I juz a normal lay man like you guy but I am from HR dept I interview many cocky and funny Singaporean with funny expectation not down to earth. I believe I had garner quite number of cases to justified this but of course I will not mention here>

you guy or girl

anyway thread title shouldn't be [caution], should be [get real]
 

xcodes

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2013
Messages
64,741
Reaction score
29,898
Firstly why law if no people will break it, law is mean to be break but whether you get caught or escape.
If your dad keep saying you cannot do this and that unreasonable to you what will happened I think 1 fine day you will leave the house.

Which is why if the policy allows it then no law will be broken, which in turns solidify my question to you is our degree is not good enough with your doubt whether are we not good enough.

I hope you don't drift too far apart else it's hard for us to keep up with your points of argument.
 

The Social Commentator

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2015
Messages
1,269
Reaction score
0
I was referring to the rules of the competition, not the spectators.

Would u watch English Premier League if Man U owns the league and sets all the rules? No one would unless yr a Man U fan.

We voters are not spectators. We are the judge of this game that is the election. For 50 years we have judge the PAP to be the winner. Yet some people are saying it is not fair. How is that not fair?

Let me quote you what someone said in my blog regarding Roy Ngerng's undemocratic call to unseat the PAP government WAY BEFORE the election.

2wefeoj.jpg


Somehow people nowadays seem to think that they are "right" more right than anyone else who voted otherwise. Now if that is not autocratic in thinking I don't know what is.
 

lwt11137

Master Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2006
Messages
3,967
Reaction score
234
You as a shareholder sure doesn't seem to want any answer.

Even in a company, only the majority shareholder(MIW) got power to do anything, you actually think miniority shareholder(Oppo) can do anything?

Vote them in to have some power then judge whether Oppo is capable.
As far as I'm concerned, MIW of this generation is much worse than the A team of 1960s. And since that remains the case, might as well see what Oppo can do.

You talk about meritocracy yet you want to hold on to MPs which are poor, contradicting much?
Voting to what ever party are very personal as long it fulfill your believe, I am selfish cause I am human I need to feed my family and need.
 

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2015
Messages
84,170
Reaction score
10,088
Voting to what ever party are very personal as long it fulfill your believe, I am selfish cause I am human I need to feed my family and need.

Voting to whatever party is up to you but selfish? :s22:
You do know it affects the country right?

Anyway, vote what you want.
 

xcodes

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2013
Messages
64,741
Reaction score
29,898
Voting to what ever party are very personal as long it fulfill your believe, I am selfish cause I am human I need to feed my family and need.

Then I wish you well and hope you will not meet the judgement day where the policies that affect many Singaporean will effectively affecting you. :s12:
 

lwt11137

Master Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2006
Messages
3,967
Reaction score
234
Which is why if the policy allows it then no law will be broken, which in turns solidify my question to you is our degree is not good enough with your doubt whether are we not good enough.

I hope you don't drift too far apart else it's hard for us to keep up with your points of argument.
Yes I am answering your question if the ruling party tell the investor you cannot do this and that and without solution to them what will happened they definite will pull out of Singapore in the end who will loss their job?
No only me and you a lot of the people will be suffering.
 

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2015
Messages
84,170
Reaction score
10,088
We voters are not spectators. We are the judge of this game that is the election. For 50 years we have judge the PAP to be the winner. Yet some people are saying it is not fair. How is that not fair?

Let me quote you what someone said in my blog regarding Roy Ngerng's undemocratic call to unseat the PAP government WAY BEFORE the election.

Somehow people nowadays seem to think that they are "right" more right than anyone else who voted otherwise. Now if that is not autocratic in thinking I don't know what is.

No one is more right. Whatever is right is right.

Anyway, if you dunno how 'fair' the election has been with the constant redrawing of boundaries and other stuff then... you probably can't understand a lot of the stuff call politics.
 

lwt11137

Master Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2006
Messages
3,967
Reaction score
234
Then I wish you well and hope you will not meet the judgement day where the policies that affect many Singaporean will effectively affecting you. :s12:
We all are immigrant when our ancestor come here to look for a better future, if we cannot find any future in this land anymore we will go someway else like our ancestor this is evolving of civilization.
 

bigbadber

Banned
Joined
Mar 7, 2007
Messages
44,793
Reaction score
2,799
Don't be daft.

Vote for a brighter futute for Singaporeans and your kids.

Not vote out of fear that you will lose what you have.

It's absolutely silly to think that just because more opposition gets into Parliament, or God forbid, opposition takesover parliament and PAP loses control, then Singapore will spiral out of control.

Our economy, currency and infrastructure structure isn't that weak.
 

The Social Commentator

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2015
Messages
1,269
Reaction score
0
No one is more right. Whatever is right is right.

Anyway, if you dunno how 'fair' the election has been with the constant redrawing of boundaries and other stuff then... you probably can't understand a lot of the stuff call politics.

How do you determine right and wrong?

Difficult and subjective right?

Democracy? Simple and easy reference to majority vote.

The PAP has 60% for the last election. You can draw the election map upside down and it won't change that. 60%>40%.
 

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2015
Messages
84,170
Reaction score
10,088
Yes I am answering your question if the ruling party tell the investor you cannot do this and that and without solution to them what will happened they definite will pull out of Singapore in the end who will loss their job?
No only me and you a lot of the people will be suffering.

Let's not go too extreme, every country have their rules and regulations for investors. The stability, efficiency, cleanliness, location etc of doing business in Singapore is all part of the consideration, not just only rules and regulations.
 

lwt11137

Master Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2006
Messages
3,967
Reaction score
234
Voting to whatever party is up to you but selfish? :s22:
You do know it affects the country right?

Anyway, vote what you want.
voting is democratic right I willl vote the party share the same value as me.
 

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2015
Messages
84,170
Reaction score
10,088
How do you determine right and wrong?

Difficult and subjective right?

Democracy? Simple and easy reference to majority vote.

The PAP has 60% for the last election. You can draw the election map upside down and it won't change that. 60%>40%.

You can draw however you want and change the %% but I don't see 40% representation of opposition in the parliament. Surely you understand this?
 

xcodes

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2013
Messages
64,741
Reaction score
29,898
Yes I am answering your question if the ruling party tell the investor you cannot do this and that and without solution to them what will happened they definite will pull out of Singapore in the end who will loss their job?
No only me and you a lot of the people will be suffering.

Cannot do this and that is because of problems, and who created the problems? And if Singaporean is on the short-change side, either already losing their jobs in the process or ending up with low-level jobs than those "FTs", what so if the investor really to pull out of Sibngapore, who will be more on the losing end? Singaporean or FTs?
 

blankk

Banned
Joined
Apr 10, 2014
Messages
7,119
Reaction score
1
We all are immigrant when our ancestor come here to look for a better future, if we cannot find any future in this land anymore we will go someway else like our ancestor this is evolving of civilization.

those who complain are those who are incapable of migrating.. lol
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top