Cheapest 2TB NVMe SSD

flame2000

Banned
Joined
Sep 20, 2000
Messages
19,713
Reaction score
1,552
late night delivery of the ssd, just nice to do some testing

QLdD5Ow.jpg


not sure is it decent

fYUl4hZ.jpg

USB port is also a limited factor.
Your desktop USB 3.1 can be either Gen 1 or Gen 2. Gen 1 is 5 Gbps, Gen 2 is 10 Gbps.
The specs for that SSD list up to 3430 MB/s, which is equivalent to 26.7 Gbps. But your enclosure max is 10Gbps.
Correct me if I am wrong.
 

socrates

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,245
Reaction score
81
Do you need a heatsink for M.2 SSDs? Read from some places say yes and others say no unless you are doing heavy video editing which involves a lot data writing.
 

H.sHon

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2010
Messages
2,099
Reaction score
7
Totally puzzled for the 970evo plus country of origin.
I was expecting it to be made in Korea same as my Sata Evo.
Shall put it in for a spin during the weekends.
Just a qn, would you put your new SSD as your boot or would you just use it as a storage?
As far as I know, the differences in windows load up between SATA & NVME are negligible.
 
Last edited:

Lil_d3viLz

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2008
Messages
5,481
Reaction score
39
Totally puzzled for the 970evo plus country of origin.
I was expecting it to be made in Korea same as my Sata Evo.
Shall put it in for a spin during the weekends.
Just a qn, would you put your new SSD as your boot or would you just use it as a storage?
As far as I know, the differences in windows load up between SATA & NVME are negligible.

2TB? Boot + Storage?
Erase all videos = SPACE
 

nuahster

Member
Joined
May 23, 2012
Messages
328
Reaction score
0
Asking those who got their SN750 1TB, is it sealed on both sides?
Mine came with only one end sealed, the top side has no seal sticker
OE4XY8v.jpg
bMEYIOS.jpg
 
Joined
Oct 3, 2002
Messages
129,916
Reaction score
7,222
USB port is also a limited factor.
Your desktop USB 3.1 can be either Gen 1 or Gen 2. Gen 1 is 5 Gbps, Gen 2 is 10 Gbps.
The specs for that SSD list up to 3430 MB/s, which is equivalent to 26.7 Gbps. But your enclosure max is 10Gbps.
Correct me if I am wrong.

Using the mba to do the testing

Posted from PCWX using Rem mm is best waifu
 

gabrielkfr

Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2014
Messages
159
Reaction score
0
Bought the Sabrent 2TB from Amazon during the sale, am contemplating returning it and getting a portable instead as I am worried about the heat it will be exposed to in my PC case. I have an NZXT H1 and the slot for the secondary M.2 is on the back of my mobo which is parallel with my GPU. Will the heat from the GPU be too much?
 

hafiz116

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2008
Messages
1,151
Reaction score
0
Bought the Sabrent 2TB from Amazon during the sale, am contemplating returning it and getting a portable instead as I am worried about the heat it will be exposed to in my PC case. I have an NZXT H1 and the slot for the secondary M.2 is on the back of my mobo which is parallel with my GPU. Will the heat from the GPU be too much?

What motherboard are you running? your profile clearly is not updated. If you have a primary slot on the front what do you have loaded into that?

I'm running a 2TB Sabrent on my Asus X570 i-gaming in primary slot and have no issues. Can referrer to my build on YouTube for more details.

 
Last edited:

Gordon0101

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2012
Messages
90
Reaction score
0
Hey looking to get 2 of the Samsung 970 evo plus 2tb from amazon, its my first time shipping items above $400.

for those that have experience in this matter, how does taxation occur? do we pay amazon.sg or pay singapore customs? and how do they know what is the value of shipment?

Cheers
 

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2008
Messages
16,840
Reaction score
1,782
Hey looking to get 2 of the Samsung 970 evo plus 2tb from amazon, its my first time shipping items above $400.

for those that have experience in this matter, how does taxation occur? do we pay amazon.sg or pay singapore customs? and how do they know what is the value of shipment?

Cheers

split the orders.
 

xKazeolus

Master Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2008
Messages
3,560
Reaction score
23
Bought the Sabrent 2TB from Amazon during the sale, am contemplating returning it and getting a portable instead as I am worried about the heat it will be exposed to in my PC case. I have an NZXT H1 and the slot for the secondary M.2 is on the back of my mobo which is parallel with my GPU. Will the heat from the GPU be too much?

can check what is the usual reason to choose for returning? abit outdated and didnt know amazon doesn't do price matching anymore and thinking to return and order again since the price dropped, not in a rush anwyay.
 

Lil_d3viLz

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2008
Messages
5,481
Reaction score
39
I want Sabrent Rocket 4 Plus but their warranty troublesome. Need ship back to US.
Double the speed, double the cost against 970 evo plus. 2TB.
 

LiLAsN

Master Member
Joined
Dec 14, 2008
Messages
2,700
Reaction score
510
Hey looking to get 2 of the Samsung 970 evo plus 2tb from amazon, its my first time shipping items above $400.

for those that have experience in this matter, how does taxation occur? do we pay amazon.sg or pay singapore customs? and how do they know what is the value of shipment?

Cheers

Amazon will include the Singapore customs charges as well. Doesn't matter if local or US website. Both will include Singapore custom charges and shipping.

So at checkout, you will be paying the full thing already. No worries of DHL or FEDEX coming to your house and then asking you to pay custom charges on the spot. Cos all paid for.

I bought the exact Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB from Amazon back during Black Friday for that awesome $300+. No hidden charges. All the amount will be shown on checkout.


That is why, those annoying scams that say your item is at customs is obviously false. The one time, I ordered a product in large quantities that needed a custom charge but I bought from the product website instead of Amazon, FEDEX/DHL will deliver to your place and will only ask you to pay on the spot. So the moment you get calls saying you have some random item that you never even buy getting stuck at customs, that is 100% nonsense and is a scam.
 

mindgamey

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2008
Messages
1,248
Reaction score
152
can check what is the usual reason to choose for returning? abit outdated and didnt know amazon doesn't do price matching anymore and thinking to return and order again since the price dropped, not in a rush anwyay.

Away from Amazon, shippers need to declare package value for the very purpose of taxation and insurance.

That's how they know.
 

YouKilledKenny

Master Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2003
Messages
4,916
Reaction score
19
Fellow forummers who bought storage from Amazon during the holiday sales, gentle reminder to check whether they work, especially if you're buying in anticipation of a new build next year.

Don't just set it aside. I bought 6 HDDs and 4 SSDs from Amazon US. One of them, Samsung 860 EVO 2TB (SATA3) is DOA.

Refused to even initialize or show up in Disk Manager.

I think you only have 30 days to return directly to Amazon US, otherwise you'd be out of luck as Samsung technically doesn't have local warranty. :s8:
 

kandinsky

Master Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2015
Messages
4,693
Reaction score
10
can check what is the usual reason to choose for returning? abit outdated and didnt know amazon doesn't do price matching anymore and thinking to return and order again since the price dropped, not in a rush anwyay.

I recently submitted a return for amazon.sg, local item.

You can just test the return option. Got a few options in the dropdown... I don't think it really matters which you select, it's not that they look at it and approve based on that. I selected 'no longer needed'...

hsoRGtM.png


What surprised me was that they now charge for returns. My last return few months ago was free pickup. Since it's change of mind I such thumb... if wrong item or DOA I will ask for waiver.

iWjWdkZ.png
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top