Cheapest 2TB NVMe SSD

xKazeolus

Master Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2008
Messages
3,560
Reaction score
23
I recently submitted a return for amazon.sg, local item.

You can just test the return option. Got a few options in the dropdown... I don't think it really matters which you select, it's not that they look at it and approve based on that. I selected 'no longer needed'...

hsoRGtM.png


What surprised me was that they now charge for returns. My last return few months ago was free pickup. Since it's change of mind I such thumb... if wrong item or DOA I will ask for waiver.

iWjWdkZ.png

Yeah, i saw the fee that's why i asked too. if you picked other 'reasonable' reason, it's waived. :s8:
 

YouKilledKenny

Master Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2003
Messages
4,916
Reaction score
19
Yeah, i saw the fee that's why i asked too. if you picked other 'reasonable' reason, it's waived. :s8:

Can confirm for Amazon US (through Amazon.sg) purchase. Returning the Samsung 860 EVO that was DOA. I chose "Item is defective" and the pick-up/return (by ECMS) is free.
 

transparos

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2012
Messages
1,414
Reaction score
226
seems like xpg have released also a gen 4 ssd gammix s70 which on paper better than samsung and WD, waiting for reviews to see how it compares to samsung and WD.

any users of samsung 980 pro and SN850? any feedback on the current gen 4 ssd?
 

大蛇丸 Orochimaru

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2015
Messages
23,300
Reaction score
4,276
Fellow forummers who bought storage from Amazon during the holiday sales, gentle reminder to check whether they work, especially if you're buying in anticipation of a new build next year.

Don't just set it aside. I bought 6 HDDs and 4 SSDs from Amazon US. One of them, Samsung 860 EVO 2TB (SATA3) is DOA.

Refused to even initialize or show up in Disk Manager.

I think you only have 30 days to return directly to Amazon US, otherwise you'd be out of luck as Samsung technically doesn't have local warranty. :s8:

seller is amazon.com or third party?
 

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2003
Messages
25,669
Reaction score
2,123
I recently submitted a return for amazon.sg, local item.

You can just test the return option. Got a few options in the dropdown... I don't think it really matters which you select, it's not that they look at it and approve based on that. I selected 'no longer needed'...

hsoRGtM.png


What surprised me was that they now charge for returns. My last return few months ago was free pickup. Since it's change of mind I such thumb... if wrong item or DOA I will ask for waiver.

iWjWdkZ.png

If it’s change of mind, they charge you for delivery back. If item is faulty, or if it’s due to reasons related to the product, there should be no charge for return. I’ve recently return a product where they mentioned on Amazon to say that there 4 years local warranty. But when I emailed the manufacturer, they told me the serial number shows that the product is from US, so no warranty. When I returned because of this reason, there is no charge. I think I selected incorrect website description.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top