ChiangMai

killachicken

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have 3d2n worth of spare days in CM and intend to drive to pai during CNY period

Any recommendation for Pai hotels and places to stop on the way?

Thanks

No.1AHOLE

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have 3d2n worth of spare days in CM and intend to drive to pai during CNY period

Thanks

Not worth to go to pai if you only have 3 days. 3 days cant even explore finish cm and going up and down pai will take around half a day liao. Unless you have more days to spare then go up to pai

beanstalk6

Reaction score

Thanks

I don't recall any place worth stopping for along the way to Pai, but the Pai River Corner Resort was my choice. It comes with a pool that overlooks the river.
Be very careful with your driving. 700 bends from Chiangmai and possibly foggy conditions at that time of the year.

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Someone asked whether IDP is needed to drive in thailand. Answer is no need but being Thailand alot of things can be grey. Like what the avis staff said

Anyway it's good to have IDP to bring along.

I guess to me as long as is oversea, you should always use idp because this area is always grey.

So if anyone want to try your luck then go ahead.

Posted from PCWX using Nexus 5

killachicken

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not worth to go to pai if you only have 3 days. 3 days cant even explore finish cm and going up and down pai will take around half a day liao. Unless you have more days to spare then go up to pai

The 3 days is excluding CM.. have 5 days set aside for CM already

But if 3 days for pai alone is not sufficient I may skip then

Last edited:

killachicken

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't recall any place worth stopping for along the way to Pai, but the Pai River Corner Resort was my choice. It comes with a pool that overlooks the river.
Be very careful with your driving. 700 bends from Chiangmai and possibly foggy conditions at that time of the year.

Got it.. I was hoping for scenic spots along the way. Guess I got my expectations wrong ! Haha

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can I ask which month in CM the best weather whole day aircon temperature and not raining ?

Sambuca78

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Still thinking whether to go chiangmai from 1/4 to 1/7, issit too late to book now? I see scoot tix is around $500.

4d/3n enough?

yoongf

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Use expedia app can get lower prices but hv to tolerate a 2hr stopover at bkk using thai air asia.

Renting car drive around is very easy and affordable. Mostly nature related sight seeing places.
Chiang mai usually include chiang rai golden triangle + laos border.

Due to spread out nature of attractions, 1 week also not enough.

No.1AHOLE

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
$500..... I see the pricing faint liao:s13:
4d3n is depends on where you want to go then after that you will know is it enough days or not

Still thinking whether to go chiangmai from 1/4 to 1/7, issit too late to book now? I see scoot tix is around $500.

4d/3n enough?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.