CIMB FastSaver

sibeiTrolled

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2012
Messages
2,016
Reaction score
1,627

maumu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2000
Messages
11,810
Reaction score
2,768

sibeiTrolled

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2012
Messages
2,016
Reaction score
1,627
... can't imagine a bank that established to be so lazy not to update or proofread their public-facing documents and we're already in October. none of their staff discovered after so many months, or they're just bochup? :o
Well, as long as the customer can reap the benefits of those promos, i don't think most people care

But ya, abit lacking in this department
 

pratik28

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 9, 2020
Messages
851
Reaction score
377
So the old promo only 2 mths of bonus interest, current promo covers 3 months of promo interest am I right? I started in Sept, was that a 2 mth or 3 mth promo?
Fastsaver Sept promo was 2m (Sep-Oct) need to see the comparison month , since u alr participate in (Sep -Oct) , u wont qualify for (Oct -Nov -Dec). So can withdraw your funds to other savings a/c next month , like Maybank etc.
Or can also move between cimb fastsaver and cimb starsaver though I havent personally try this.
But Maybank 2% is fuss free as long as you maintain minimum 20k daily
 
Last edited:

yslvlys

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2023
Messages
1,747
Reaction score
550
So the old promo only 2 mths of bonus interest, current promo covers 3 months of promo interest am I right? I started in Sept, was that a 2 mth or 3 mth promo?
Dunno what u mean by 2 mths, the tncs u see is specifically for 1 mth of Aug'26
 

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
9,544
Reaction score
3,233
But Maybank 2% is fuss free as long as you maintain minimum 20k daily
Actually Maybank also got reference month ADB for comparison. Fuss free I would change phrase to calculation easier.

CIMB offer more flexibility since they count each day balance. That day no 10k no bonus only base. That day got 10k got bonus and base. And last day of month need 10k. So calculation messier for whole month since is day by day count. You want to track need a gsheet excel etc. Since messier ideally bonus should give earlier so any discrepancies you found can flag earlier. By pushing to end of promo about 2,3 months later who got time go tally as you are focused on the current promo already.
 

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2011
Messages
7,740
Reaction score
1,327
Your bonus interest on 30 Sept doesn't make sense for a Fast saver account

If you joined the Jul promo, your 26 Aug, 10.20 and 30 Sep 10.50 means that you only have 25k in CIMB
But your 100.50 paints a different picture.
Assuming you are a preferred customer, in order to get 100.50, this means that you have ~74k in your CIMB account.

But if you were a star saver customer, then the final 100.50 make sense, BUT the 10.20 and 10.50 base interest doesn't

So the question i would ask you is, are you a fastsaver or starsaver user?

EDIT -
Tsk, you didn't provide the full breakdown! C'mon.
the SI-CIMB is a different promo and NOT the CASA PROMO

So you DO have 74 or 75k in your CIMB and you participated in the SI promo
https://www.cimb.com.sg/content/dam...sa---bundle/fs-vs-bundle-salary-crediting.pdf

You should be getting the BASE INTEREST ~67 SGD at the end of Jul (31 Jul) and end of Aug (31 Aug) for the CASA PROMO
I hv between 75000 to 75500 on all the days of Jul and Aug

These are alr the days they credit me the interest so I dun understand wat u mean by full breakdown coz I find the percentage seems to tally with my deposit amount (although seems a bit slightly lesser )

I dun credit salary, I only did the SI-CIMB Giro top up $1001 deducted from DBS bank to CIMB FAST on the 1st of the month

I hv Starsaver but the Starsaver is not eligible for SI-CIMB so I dun use it

I duno wat is CASA Promo - is it referring to the SI-CIMB thing
 

tiertime

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2011
Messages
7,740
Reaction score
1,327
... You should be getting the BASE INTEREST ~67 SGD at the end of Jul (31 Jul) and end of Aug (31 Aug) for the CASA PROMO
Yes I got received the base interest as indicated on these dates :

31st July (for Jul) - 0.5% , 1.08% , 1.58%

31st Aug (for Aug) - 0.5% , 1.08% , 1.58%
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top