Circles life jet pac

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,808
Reaction score
1,020
but in terms of dollar to gb comparison for overseas data, circles life new plan seems to be best?
 

shawnng

Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2010
Messages
496
Reaction score
74
but in terms of dollar to gb comparison for overseas data, circles life new plan seems to be best?
CL is best at gathering feedback.
Rolling out the plan is another issue and Cutting down on benefits like jetpac plans too.
 

Apex

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,509
Reaction score
250
In my opinion, Jetpack is targeted towards infrequent travelers, while the Global plans are aimed at business users who travel frequently and prefer hassle-free roaming plans with local data and support international incoming sms.
 

jayjay0702

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2011
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
278
Disagree with you too, if they are using some other MNO backbone it will definitely be much more attractive. The pricing structure are similar to SIMBA too.
SIMBA is great by itself, pretty hassle free but as @sullycoin mentioned, they do not have eSIM which is cumbersome.
I disagree. If you are a frequent traveler within the APAC countries, the APAC plan is probably one of the best value for money plans around. The closest for SIMBA is either the Superroam 50G or Superroam Max plans but both have their own limitations (Superroam 50G's roaming is more limited & other than Malaysia, is restricted to 10GB. Max has more countries, but roaming is limited to 10GB).

Another point is that likely, this is available as an eSIM, unlike SIMBA.
Maybe you're right with an MNO backing it will be better, as I might have based my experience on Jetpac. It was so troublesome to keep searching for the APN in use for each country I travel to.

As for eSIM, I actually prefer to have my Singapore SIM as a physical one, and whenever I go overseas I will just buy an eSIM from shopee for the country that I'm travelling to if my jetpac 3gb + simba 1gb isn't enough. This way I saved the trouble of having to worry of not having data when landing and also skip the queues at the airport SIM counters. Until the days our phones have no more physical SIM slots like US's iPhone I'll probably keep it this way.

For the amount of data, really subjective to individual usage I guess. Unless you're a heavy user overseas and/or travel so frequent enough to use 10gb overseas, I don't see why 10GB is not enough. Sure you won't have to worry busting your data limits, but if you're not fully utilising all the data you're just wasting money on a monthly basis.

Just my 2 cents. Not supporting SIMBA nor bashing CL. I am definitely in support of all these plans to increase competition.
 

froztheart

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2012
Messages
9,569
Reaction score
4,175
but in terms of dollar to gb comparison for overseas data, circles life new plan seems to be best?
Yup, more worthwhile than their jetpac offerings.
In my opinion, Jetpack is targeted towards infrequent travelers, while the Global plans are aimed at business users who travel frequently and prefer hassle-free roaming plans with local data and support international incoming sms.
Yes, more for the convenience without constantly switching between cards for frequent travellers.
 

froztheart

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2012
Messages
9,569
Reaction score
4,175
Maybe you're right with an MNO backing it will be better, as I might have based my experience on Jetpac. It was so troublesome to keep searching for the APN in use for each country I travel to.

As for eSIM, I actually prefer to have my Singapore SIM as a physical one, and whenever I go overseas I will just buy an eSIM from shopee for the country that I'm travelling to if my jetpac 3gb + simba 1gb isn't enough. This way I saved the trouble of having to worry of not having data when landing and also skip the queues at the airport SIM counters. Until the days our phones have no more physical SIM slots like US's iPhone I'll probably keep it this way.

For the amount of data, really subjective to individual usage I guess. Unless you're a heavy user overseas and/or travel so frequent enough to use 10gb overseas, I don't see why 10GB is not enough. Sure you won't have to worry busting your data limits, but if you're not fully utilising all the data you're just wasting money on a monthly basis.

Just my 2 cents. Not supporting SIMBA nor bashing CL. I am definitely in support of all these plans to increase competition.
If CL were using anyone except M1, definitely will do them better. Jetpac was fine for me though, setup in SG before going overseas and worked when I landed.

I hope they can expedite the eSIM adoption so that the offerings will be more competitive where not only traditional telcos but international players like UBIGI etc. can compete.
In turn will the traditional players (i.e telcos) be forced to provide better deals. 10GB should be sufficient for most, but subjective to frequency and length of stay though... personally rather have more for redundancy than less.
 

jayjay0702

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2011
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
278
If CL were using anyone except M1, definitely will do them better. Jetpac was fine for me though, setup in SG before going overseas and worked when I landed.

I hope they can expedite the eSIM adoption so that the offerings will be more competitive where not only traditional telcos but international players like UBIGI etc. can compete.
In turn will the traditional players (i.e telcos) be forced to provide better deals. 10GB should be sufficient for most, but subjective to frequency and length of stay though... personally rather have more for redundancy than less.
Yes agreed with you if they weren't using M1. It's really worse than SIMBA when I was using them.

Ya nothing wrong with Jetpac if you're ok with the additional setup, just an extra step as compared to others which is much more seamless in that sense.

Pretty sure eSIM adoption is coming very soon ever since US's iPhone are now slotless. Other manufacturers will definitely copy in this year or 2 and will force the remaining telcos to adopt eSIM. But definitely still not a dealbreaker for now.
 

froztheart

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2012
Messages
9,569
Reaction score
4,175
Yes agreed with you if they weren't using M1. It's really worse than SIMBA when I was using them.

Ya nothing wrong with Jetpac if you're ok with the additional setup, just an extra step as compared to others which is much more seamless in that sense.

Pretty sure eSIM adoption is coming very soon ever since US's iPhone are now slotless. Other manufacturers will definitely copy in this year or 2 and will force the remaining telcos to adopt eSIM. But definitely still not a dealbreaker for now.
ahhh, pretty fine w it since its a disposal eSIM to me. lol
Hopefully soon enough, so done w the telco's stupid SIM card fee etc.
 

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,808
Reaction score
1,020
Esim is the way to go. More convenient without looking for a pin.
 

really_noob

Master Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2005
Messages
3,092
Reaction score
795
How does the rollover up to 6GB on the $10 work?

If I register today 4 Apr, I get 3GB.
Assuming no usage, 4 May, I get 3GB (rollover from above) + 3GB (monthly allocation).
Assuming no usage, 4 Jun, I get 6GB (rollover from above) + 3GB (monthly allocation) = 9GB.

I'm doing a short trip in May and a long trip in June.
For the June trip, I will need more data, thinking of paying for 3 cycles ($30) to have the bulk of the 9GB to be used on that trip.
 

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,808
Reaction score
1,020
How does the rollover up to 6GB on the $10 work?

If I register today 4 Apr, I get 3GB.
Assuming no usage, 4 May, I get 3GB (rollover from above) + 3GB (monthly allocation).
Assuming no usage, 4 Jun, I get 6GB (rollover from above) + 3GB (monthly allocation) = 9GB.

I'm doing a short trip in May and a long trip in June.
For the June trip, I will need more data, thinking of paying for 3 cycles ($30) to have the bulk of the 9GB to be used on that trip.
Roll over only 1 month. Meaning max of X2 data for month 2 onwards. Consider changing plan for months that u need more data since this have no contract one.
 

froztheart

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2012
Messages
9,569
Reaction score
4,175
How does the rollover up to 6GB on the $10 work?

If I register today 4 Apr, I get 3GB.
Assuming no usage, 4 May, I get 3GB (rollover from above) + 3GB (monthly allocation).
Assuming no usage, 4 Jun, I get 6GB (rollover from above) + 3GB (monthly allocation) = 9GB.

I'm doing a short trip in May and a long trip in June.
For the June trip, I will need more data, thinking of paying for 3 cycles ($30) to have the bulk of the 9GB to be used on that trip.
Rollover max 2 months, can look through the details IIRC.
 

koohansen

Master Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2000
Messages
3,143
Reaction score
188
Summary:
Works fine:
1) Malaysia
2) Taiwan
3) Bangkok
4) France (x2) / Switzerland
5) Korea
6) Australia (Melbourne & Sydney)


Not recommended:
1) Japan (mix review) (x3)
2)

I am adding to another report + jayjay0702's report on Japan's slow network.
City still not too bad, but smaller towns jialat
Areas: Tokyo, Kawaguchiko, Osaka, Hiroshima
 

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,808
Reaction score
1,020
Summary:
Works fine:
1) Malaysia
2) Taiwan
3) Bangkok
4) France (x2) / Switzerland
5) Korea
6) Australia (Melbourne & Sydney)
7) Philippines (Manila, batangas)


Not recommended:
1) Japan (mix review) (x3)
2)
 

really_noob

Master Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2005
Messages
3,092
Reaction score
795
Roll over only 1 month. Meaning max of X2 data for month 2 onwards. Consider changing plan for months that u need more data since this have no contract one.
Thanks! Didn't realise can change plan. I might subscribe to the $10 for my short trip and change plan to the $25 one for the longer trip. $35 over 2 cycles where I'm sure i won't run out of data.

When changing from one plan to another, the balance data from the first plan cannot be carried over to the new plan right?
 

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,808
Reaction score
1,020
Thanks! Didn't realise can change plan. I might subscribe to the $10 for my short trip and change plan to the $25 one for the longer trip. $35 over 2 cycles where I'm sure i won't run out of data.

When changing from one plan to another, the balance data from the first plan cannot be carried over to the new plan right?
Actually is not change plan but terminate and start a new plan.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top