Circles life jet pac

ray12323

Member
Joined
May 31, 2010
Messages
270
Reaction score
61
Summary:
Works fine:
1) Malaysia
2) Taiwan
3) Bangkok
4) France (x2) / Switzerland
5) Korea
6) Australia (Melbourne & Sydney)


Not recommended:
1) Japan (mix review) (x3)
2)

I am adding to another report + jayjay0702's report on Japan's slow network.
City still not too bad, but smaller towns jialat
Areas: Tokyo, Kawaguchiko, Osaka, Hiroshima
Hi bro,

can I check if the network is bad in Osaka? I'm going Osaka & Kyoto soon and thinking if I should use this Circle Life Jetpac or not.
 

jayjay0702

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2011
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
278
Hi bro,

can I check if the network is bad in Osaka? I'm going Osaka & Kyoto soon and thinking if I should use this Circle Life Jetpac or not.
let you know next week if you're not there by then. I'm going on tuesday. but if anything based on my experience in narita, able to connect albeit quite slow
 

Spongy

Master Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2003
Messages
2,882
Reaction score
6
Hi bro,

can I check if the network is bad in Osaka? I'm going Osaka & Kyoto soon and thinking if I should use this Circle Life Jetpac or not.
Tested in Osaka, Tokyo, and Nagoya, in Dec 2022, all connections were crawling compared to local prepaid sim. I think they were throttled by the ISP.
 

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,808
Reaction score
1,020
Tested in Osaka, Tokyo, and Nagoya, in Dec 2022, all connections were crawling compared to local prepaid sim. I think they were throttled by the ISP.
consistently slow or only in certain area?
 

jayjay0702

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2011
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
278
Okay I'll wait for your update. I'm going in May.
Currently in Osaka now. At Kansai airport I was able to get 5G on SoftBank and it was useable. But once I left the airport it was quite slow. Definitely useable if you’re a patient person. I was able to get a much faster experience on the other telco
 

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,808
Reaction score
1,020
Seems like CL is reportedly seeking interest for their new plans offering.
The Malayisa and APAC plan looks attractive enough for frequent travellers, just have to endure the shitty M1 infra in SG. lol

https://www.circles.life/sg/borderless-plan/
C6YTLj4.jpg


jAEdQR4.jpg
=

EgjgITk.jpg


UWMWf2U.jpg


hRwZW10.jpg


O7ww29P.jpg


t43uWm4.jpg


0UmMuhj.jpg


9SGzLpE.jpg


didnt know this plan doesnt exist yet..
 

shawnng

Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2010
Messages
496
Reaction score
74
SG + APAC was $30 then become $40
SG + Global was $40 then it got removed
Later everything was removed 😂
 

koohansen

Master Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2000
Messages
3,143
Reaction score
188
Hi bro,

can I check if the network is bad in Osaka? I'm going Osaka & Kyoto soon and thinking if I should use this Circle Life Jetpac or not.
PS late reply,

Here's my experience in Japan with Circles Jetpac on Softbank network.

1. Tokyo, is primarily ok, usable speed, but it's nowhere near 4G speed despite getting 5G signal.
2. Kawaguchiko Area (Mt Fuji Lake), Lake Saiko, Lake Motosu, Yamanashi Prefecture - Speed terrible. I had an e-ticket that I needed to launch the website and let the staff interact with it (I cannot use screenshots or pre-load page). I have to wait quite a while for a webpage to load text only.
3. Nagasaki, Kumamoto, Kagoshima, Beppu, YuFuin & Miyazaki Prefecture - Speed is extremely slow, even in town areas. I had to use WiFi in some establishments to get things done.
4. Fukuoka, usable speed, similar experience as in Tokyo

In conclusion, Major big cities are still ok. In smaller towns and the countryside, you get a good signal but sometimes not usable.

I belive it's network prioritization in play (Throttled by the network provider), I previously used a local SIM card on SoftBank, experience wasn't like this.

Tested on iPhone 12 Pro Max & 14 Pro Max on iOS 16.3.1

If speed is critical, get a local SIM card.
 

koohansen

Master Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2000
Messages
3,143
Reaction score
188
PS late reply,

Here's my experience in Japan with Circles Jetpac on Softbank network.

1. Tokyo, is primarily ok, usable speed, but it's nowhere near 4G speed despite getting 5G signal.
2. Kawaguchiko Area (Mt Fuji Lake), Lake Saiko, Lake Motosu, Yamanashi Prefecture - Speed terrible. I had an e-ticket that I needed to launch the website and let the staff interact with it (I cannot use screenshots or pre-load page). I have to wait quite a while for a webpage to load text only.
3. Nagasaki, Kumamoto, Kagoshima, Beppu, YuFuin & Miyazaki Prefecture - Speed is extremely slow, even in town areas. I had to use WiFi in some establishments to get things done.
4. Fukuoka, usable speed, similar experience as in Tokyo

In conclusion, Major big cities are still ok. In smaller towns and the countryside, you get a good signal but sometimes not usable.

I belive it's network prioritization in play (Throttled by the network provider), I previously used a local SIM card on SoftBank, experience wasn't like this.

Tested on iPhone 12 Pro Max & 14 Pro Max on iOS 16.3.1

If speed is critical, get a local SIM card.
In some situations where you purchase a day pass for transportation via an app, those are dynamic and constantly need data each time you activate it. In such times, you will get stressed if the app doesn't load when you need to exit/board a tram/bus
 

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,808
Reaction score
1,020
In some situations where you purchase a day pass for transportation via an app, those are dynamic and constantly need data each time you activate it. In such times, you will get stressed if the app doesn't load when you need to exit/board a tram/bus
I suppose such train station have free wifi?
 

really_noob

Master Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2005
Messages
3,092
Reaction score
795
I've just signed up for the $10 3GB plan.
I see the option to upgrade to the $25 plan, have 25GB in the first month in the app.

This month I only need 3GB. Will this upgrade to the 25GB plan be available next month?
Or I should not renew this $10 plan, terminate and resubscribe online to the 25GB plan?

One mobile number only can sign up for one plan right? So I will need to use another number when I sign up for the 25GB plan and setup the e-sim again.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top