Circles life jet pac

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,808
Reaction score
1,020
I've just signed up for the $10 3GB plan.
I see the option to upgrade to the $25 plan, have 25GB in the first month in the app.

This month I only need 3GB. Will this upgrade to the 25GB plan be available next month?
Or I should not renew this $10 plan, terminate and resubscribe online to the 25GB plan?

One mobile number only can sign up for one plan right? So I will need to use another number when I sign up for the 25GB plan and setup the e-sim again.
I also Thot of terminating for months that I don't travel but I will lost my roll over 3gb.

Anyway, $10 still consider ok since I saved on the main plan by $20-$30 monthly
 

ray12323

Member
Joined
May 31, 2010
Messages
270
Reaction score
61
The jetpac $25 plan work well in Korea. Network is strong in both Jeju & mainland. Didn't dare to try it when I went to Osaka & Kyoto just in case network is super slow so I bought the esim from Airsim instead to use in Japan.
 

really_noob

Master Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2005
Messages
3,092
Reaction score
795
Just came back from HK, used the $10 3GB plan which worked well.

Going to terminate and resubscribe to the $25 plan when I head to Europe next month. Hopefully it doesn't disappoint.
 

really_noob

Master Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2005
Messages
3,092
Reaction score
795
Just realised they have updated their plans, with Southeast Asia, APAC and Global categories. More expensive of course.
Global is 10GB $35. Last time $25 25GB for the first month.
 

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,808
Reaction score
1,020
Summary:
Works fine:
1) Malaysia
2) Taiwan
3) Bangkok
4) Europe - France (x2) / Switzerland / Spain
5) Korea (x2)
6) Australia (Melbourne & Sydney)
7) Philippines (Manila, batangas)
8) HK
9) ...

Not recommended:
1) Japan (mix review) (x3)
2)
 

really_noob

Master Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2005
Messages
3,092
Reaction score
795
if dun terminate will continue to enjoy old plan??
I hope so! I hope your old plan is the $10 3GB. If $25 5GB not worth keeping unless you travel a lot.

I'll be keeping mine for my Europe trip next month. At first thought can change to 25GB plan. Now I'll use the 3GB and add 5GB for $25 if I run out. 8GB for 2 weeks trip should be enough.

Despite so much competition, data roaming is still so expensive!
 

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,808
Reaction score
1,020
I hope so! I hope your old plan is the $10 3GB. If $25 5GB not worth keeping unless you travel a lot.

I'll be keeping mine for my Europe trip next month. At first thought can change to 25GB plan. Now I'll use the 3GB and add 5GB for $25 if I run out. 8GB for 2 weeks trip should be enough.

Despite so much competition, data roaming is still so expensive!
yes...$10 3GB..now rollover to 6gb already... add 1GB is $8 for old plan..isnt it ?
 

really_noob

Master Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2005
Messages
3,092
Reaction score
795
yes...$10 3GB..now rollover to 6gb already... add 1GB is $8 for old plan..isnt it ?
Yes add 1GB is $8 for the old plan, I hope it stays.
Not sure how much the new plan charges. $8 is not exactly cheap, Starhub prepaid 1GB 3 days $5 but not e-SIM (troublesome for iPhone).
 

Modd-36

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2008
Messages
5,180
Reaction score
60
Is it me or the 3GB + rollover for $10 is not available anymore? Hmm...
 

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,808
Reaction score
1,020
Yes add 1GB is $8 for the old plan, I hope it stays.
Not sure how much the new plan charges. $8 is not exactly cheap, Starhub prepaid 1GB 3 days $5 but not e-SIM (troublesome for iPhone).

Ya. Expensive. Most Telco is $5 per GB for add-on. so have to choose the plan wisely.


But too bad, with the new plan, circles life will not gain any new customers, and might also start to lose customer...
 

really_noob

Master Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2005
Messages
3,092
Reaction score
795
Is it me or the 3GB + rollover for $10 is not available anymore? Hmm...
No longer available, they came up with new plans and as you have realised, it is more unfavourable to the consumer.
Seems to be no changes to those who signed up for the old plans but I won't be surprised if they make changes in a few months time.

Ya. Expensive. Most Telco is $5 per GB for add-on. so have to choose the plan wisely.


But too bad, with the new plan, circles life will not gain any new customers, and might also start to lose customer...
No longer competitive prices on these new plans.
10GB for $35 is the same price as M1 data passport for non APAC countries. The advantage for Jetpac is it covers multiple countries on one plan, good for Europe trips as this will be $60 on M1.
 

nick3384me

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2008
Messages
647
Reaction score
33
Just return from New Zealand using Jet Pac, so far experience still okay, dun expect all mountain areas got line.

Connected to Spark.
 

jayjay0702

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2011
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
278
Wow didn’t even realise they removed the 3GB $10 plan… hopefully I can keep it as I’ve already rolled to 6gb. If not gonna cancel
 

gapboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2003
Messages
20,540
Reaction score
6,443
this plan looks more attractive now

https://www.circles.life/sg/borderless-plan/100GB
$35.17*
/mo
  • 7c4bf713de004fa456d9589160d3e519_tickmarkicon.png

    Covers Singapore and 15 popular APAC Countries
  • 7c4bf713de004fa456d9589160d3e519_tickmarkicon.png

    300 Mins Local (SG) Talktime
  • 7c4bf713de004fa456d9589160d3e519_tickmarkicon.png

    Free Incoming Roaming SMS
  • 7c4bf713de004fa456d9589160d3e519_tickmarkicon.png

    Access to Circle of Joy loyalty program
 

jayjay0702

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2011
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
278

krazyhippo

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2004
Messages
674
Reaction score
150
looks attractive on paper... but i'm pretty sure 99% of the people will be paying for unused data.

But being this expensive makes me wonder whether SIMBA plans are actually unsustainable...
Simba roaming partner is limited. E.g Taiwan is GT mobile, Japan is KDDI. Their tie up is limited to 1 or maybe 2 foreign carriers. I think that’s why they can keep their rates low. ..
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top