Circles life jet pac

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,811
Reaction score
1,021
bad news:

⚠️ We have important news for you!


Dear Valued Customer,



We hope you have been enjoying Jetpac so far!



As we continue to improve our product offerings to bring more value to you, we have an important announcement to make. Our $10 Lite Pac will be discontinued with effect from 7 July 2023. Please indicate your preferred plan by 30 June 2023 to ensure a smooth transition.



Fret not! We are committed to continue improving your data roaming experience with us, and we are SUPER excited to introduce our new and enhanced plans so that you can continue to roam freely with Jetpac.

ll $10 lite pac users will be automatically shifted to the $12 Backpacker plan if we do not receive your response.



We understand that this news may come as a surprise and we apologize for any inconvenience caused. Our customer support team is available 24/7 to assist you with any questions or concerns. Thank you for your ongoing support with Jetpac and we look forward to more new adventures together.
 

stormlcc

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2018
Messages
4
Reaction score
2
hey guys, i'm going to JPN in Oct this year, currently using M1. I've been using their roaming for quite a while, sometimes ok sometimes really bad, the only reason I chose M1 is because they provide large data (10GB) for roaming (or at least it was until these new CL / Simba plans came out). M1 also recently launched the daily roaming plan which is really easy to use, and considered quite affordable for ppl who aren't always travelling (u just enable it and leave it on, no need to worry about forgetting to turn roaming off)

But I was worried about the JPN trip, cause of the inconsistency of the speed I was getting, even in Malaysia, the speed was terrible, I wonder how about JPN? Any telco that was recommended for JPN? travelling to Osaka - Shikoku - Hiroshima areas. Thanks.
 

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,811
Reaction score
1,021
hey guys, i'm going to JPN in Oct this year, currently using M1. I've been using their roaming for quite a while, sometimes ok sometimes really bad, the only reason I chose M1 is because they provide large data (10GB) for roaming (or at least it was until these new CL / Simba plans came out). M1 also recently launched the daily roaming plan which is really easy to use, and considered quite affordable for ppl who aren't always travelling (u just enable it and leave it on, no need to worry about forgetting to turn roaming off)

But I was worried about the JPN trip, cause of the inconsistency of the speed I was getting, even in Malaysia, the speed was terrible, I wonder how about JPN? Any telco that was recommended for JPN? travelling to Osaka - Shikoku - Hiroshima areas. Thanks.
Check pm.
 

jayjay0702

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2011
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
278
bad news:

⚠️ We have important news for you!


Dear Valued Customer,



We hope you have been enjoying Jetpac so far!



As we continue to improve our product offerings to bring more value to you, we have an important announcement to make. Our $10 Lite Pac will be discontinued with effect from 7 July 2023. Please indicate your preferred plan by 30 June 2023 to ensure a smooth transition.



Fret not! We are committed to continue improving your data roaming experience with us, and we are SUPER excited to introduce our new and enhanced plans so that you can continue to roam freely with Jetpac.

ll $10 lite pac users will be automatically shifted to the $12 Backpacker plan if we do not receive your response.



We understand that this news may come as a surprise and we apologize for any inconvenience caused. Our customer support team is available 24/7 to assist you with any questions or concerns. Thank you for your ongoing support with Jetpac and we look forward to more new adventures together.
Sad wanted to come in to check how to check my data usage for the old plan then saw this. Lucky you post as well if not I would have missed it. Time to cancel
 

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,811
Reaction score
1,021
Sad wanted to come in to check how to check my data usage for the old plan then saw this. Lucky you post as well if not I would have missed it. Time to cancel
Ya. Indeed sadness. Did a check on all the global package but nothing come close to original jetpac coverage and pricing.

My renewal is on 26 of the month, and I am travelling on 29 to 2nd. Dunno if my plan renewed on 26 is the old plan or will it half way auto convert to the new plan from 7th.

Will terminate after this renewal also since my next travel is Aug and the new plan is no longer attractive also
 

jayjay0702

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2011
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
278
Ya. Indeed sadness. Did a check on all the global package but nothing come close to original jetpac coverage and pricing.

My renewal is on 26 of the month, and I am travelling on 29 to 2nd. Dunno if my plan renewed on 26 is the old plan or will it half way auto convert to the new plan from 7th.

Will terminate after this renewal also since my next travel is Aug and the new plan is no longer attractive also
Ya I have the same question as well since my renewal is on the 21st. In a similar situation as you as I’ll be overseas from 26th-3rd. If they honor it till the 7th then I’ll keep it till the 7th if not just cancel before my renewal.
 

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,811
Reaction score
1,021
Ya I have the same question as well since my renewal is on the 21st. In a similar situation as you as I’ll be overseas from 26th-3rd. If they honor it till the 7th then I’ll keep it till the 7th if not just cancel before my renewal.
Let's reach out to the customer service on mon.
 

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,811
Reaction score
1,021
Take note:

You may choose to unsubscribe at any time from the Circles.Life application and the unsubscription will take effect at the end of the subscription cycle. Till then, you can still enjoy the benefits of the subscription plan.
 

koohansen

Master Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2000
Messages
3,154
Reaction score
197
hey guys, i'm going to JPN in Oct this year, currently using M1. I've been using their roaming for quite a while, sometimes ok sometimes really bad, the only reason I chose M1 is because they provide large data (10GB) for roaming (or at least it was until these new CL / Simba plans came out). M1 also recently launched the daily roaming plan which is really easy to use, and considered quite affordable for ppl who aren't always travelling (u just enable it and leave it on, no need to worry about forgetting to turn roaming off)

But I was worried about the JPN trip, cause of the inconsistency of the speed I was getting, even in Malaysia, the speed was terrible, I wonder how about JPN? Any telco that was recommended for JPN? travelling to Osaka - Shikoku - Hiroshima areas. Thanks.
Ubigi eSIM or any local Physical SIM (Direct from Telco in Japan)
I have friends using Ubigi recently and had positive experience
 

jayjay0702

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2011
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
278
Take note:

You may choose to unsubscribe at any time from the Circles.Life application and the unsubscription will take effect at the end of the subscription cycle. Till then, you can still enjoy the benefits of the subscription plan.
I was given a very vague reply… but my assumption is on my billing date I will be charged the $10 plan, then become the new plan on the 12th


“Hi, thank you for patiently waiting. As per our back end team, you will not be charged again on July 7th, your billing cycle will still be the same. No changes.”
 

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,811
Reaction score
1,021
I was given a very vague reply… but my assumption is on my billing date I will be charged the $10 plan, then become the new plan on the 12th


“Hi, thank you for patiently waiting. As per our back end team, you will not be charged again on July 7th, your billing cycle will still be the same. No changes.”
So the old plan will stay for at least another month as long as not renewed after 7 July.
 

jayjay0702

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2011
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
278
So the old plan will stay for at least another month as long as not renewed after 7 July.
ok I just managed to get a more specific reply.

I asked “So just to double confirm:

On the 21st I will be charged $10 for the old life plan. I will get to use my $10 until 7th July and on the 7th my plan will be changed to the new $12 plan and subsequent billing will be the $12 plan?”

and they replied yes correct. So my conclusion is 7th July $10 plan will end no matter what, and you won’t be charged again on the 7th.
 

really_noob

Master Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2005
Messages
3,093
Reaction score
795
hey guys, i'm going to JPN in Oct this year, currently using M1. I've been using their roaming for quite a while, sometimes ok sometimes really bad, the only reason I chose M1 is because they provide large data (10GB) for roaming (or at least it was until these new CL / Simba plans came out). M1 also recently launched the daily roaming plan which is really easy to use, and considered quite affordable for ppl who aren't always travelling (u just enable it and leave it on, no need to worry about forgetting to turn roaming off)

But I was worried about the JPN trip, cause of the inconsistency of the speed I was getting, even in Malaysia, the speed was terrible, I wonder how about JPN? Any telco that was recommended for JPN? travelling to Osaka - Shikoku - Hiroshima areas. Thanks.
I used M1 Data Passport in Japan pre-COVID and earlier this year. Osaka, Hokkaido, Kyoto, Tokyo areas, it worked well. Another family member had Starhub prepaid card as standby which worked well too.

I'm planning another trip at the end of this year to Japan. With the changes in Jetpac and the mixed reviews for Japan in this thread, I'm thinking of sticking with M1 and Starhub.

Just got back from Europe and HK, I'm happy with Jetpac. Wouldn't mind paying $10/mth for worldwide coverage even on months when I don't travel so much, but $12 for Asia only is not worth it.
 

jayjay0702

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2011
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
278
hey guys, i'm going to JPN in Oct this year, currently using M1. I've been using their roaming for quite a while, sometimes ok sometimes really bad, the only reason I chose M1 is because they provide large data (10GB) for roaming (or at least it was until these new CL / Simba plans came out). M1 also recently launched the daily roaming plan which is really easy to use, and considered quite affordable for ppl who aren't always travelling (u just enable it and leave it on, no need to worry about forgetting to turn roaming off)

But I was worried about the JPN trip, cause of the inconsistency of the speed I was getting, even in Malaysia, the speed was terrible, I wonder how about JPN? Any telco that was recommended for JPN? travelling to Osaka - Shikoku - Hiroshima areas. Thanks.
Is it a one time off trip i.e. you rarely seldom travel even to Malaysia, Indo, Thailand? If it’s a one time off trip I personally feel you’re better off getting an SIM card/eSIM from Shopee
 

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,811
Reaction score
1,021
ok I just managed to get a more specific reply.

I asked “So just to double confirm:

On the 21st I will be charged $10 for the old life plan. I will get to use my $10 until 7th July and on the 7th my plan will be changed to the new $12 plan and subsequent billing will be the $12 plan?”

and they replied yes correct. So my conclusion is 7th July $10 plan will end no matter what, and you won’t be charged again on the 7th.
Oh ya. I got a reply that's not too clear but I assume it's the same as ur reply


So means 7th July the plan will auto convert no matter which plan or which renewal date you are in.

Sucks.

----
Take note that the plan will change starting your renewal date. It does not mean that it will also change the date of renewal on July 7th. It only means that your current Jetpac will not be available for new signups on that date. Your renewal date will still be the same, but it will be changed to a different plan depending on the email you received and responded to.

Yes, you can keep the plan until 26th of June (if that's your renewal date) and change to a different jetpac plan after.
 

jayjay0702

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2011
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
278
Oh ya. I got a reply that's not too clear but I assume it's the same as ur reply


So means 7th July the plan will auto convert no matter which plan or which renewal date you are in.

Sucks.

----
Take note that the plan will change starting your renewal date. It does not mean that it will also change the date of renewal on July 7th. It only means that your current Jetpac will not be available for new signups on that date. Your renewal date will still be the same, but it will be changed to a different plan depending on the email you received and responded to.

Yes, you can keep the plan until 26th of June (if that's your renewal date) and change to a different jetpac plan after.
Huh.

The reply you got suggests it will be changed to the new plan on the renewal day. Unless I’m referring it wrongly
 

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,811
Reaction score
1,021
Huh.

The reply you got suggests it will be changed to the new plan on the renewal day. Unless I’m referring it wrongly
which is same as your conclusion: "my conclusion is 7th July $10 plan will end no matter what, and you won’t be charged again on the 7th."

so on the 7th, no matter what plan you were on, it will be change to the new plan without additional subscription..anyway, it's quite confusing so likely I will just terminate.. Asian 5GB for $12 is no longer attractive plus I am travelling to batam and Msia only..can live with my 1gb simba while on the road.. and thai sim is only $7.50 for 15GB..etc...
 

jayjay0702

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2011
Messages
1,590
Reaction score
278
which is same as your conclusion: "my conclusion is 7th July $10 plan will end no matter what, and you won’t be charged again on the 7th."

so on the 7th, no matter what plan you were on, it will be change to the new plan without additional subscription..anyway, it's quite confusing so likely I will just terminate.. Asian 5GB for $12 is no longer attractive plus I am travelling to batam and Msia only..can live with my 1gb simba while on the road.. and thai sim is only $7.50 for 15GB..etc...
Sorry if I was unclear… what I meant in my reply to you was that your plan will be changed to the new one on your billing day (26th June for you) based on your last line “Yes, you can keep the plan until 26th of June (if that's your renewal date) and change to a different jetpac plan after”, and not on 7th July i.e. you won’t be able to enjoy the $10 plan from 26th June - 7th July at all.
While the reply I got from them was that on my billing on the 21st, I can still use the $10 plan from 21st June - 7th July, then only after 7th July it will be changed to the new $12 plan at no additional charge till the next renewal on 21st July, which then I will be charged the $12 plan if I decide to continue.
But ya in any case I’m gonna cancel before my billing. Don’t want to go until a country that’s not covered just to find out that it’s not working anymore. Cheers!
 

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
20,811
Reaction score
1,021
Sorry if I was unclear… what I meant in my reply to you was that your plan will be changed to the new one on your billing day (26th June for you) based on your last line “Yes, you can keep the plan until 26th of June (if that's your renewal date) and change to a different jetpac plan after”, and not on 7th July i.e. you won’t be able to enjoy the $10 plan from 26th June - 7th July at all.
While the reply I got from them was that on my billing on the 21st, I can still use the $10 plan from 21st June - 7th July, then only after 7th July it will be changed to the new $12 plan at no additional charge till the next renewal on 21st July, which then I will be charged the $12 plan if I decide to continue.
But ya in any case I’m gonna cancel before my billing. Don’t want to go until a country that’s not covered just to find out that it’s not working anymore. Cheers!
think they are at a lost with the current plan so that's why they are doing such extreme to kill off all current subscriber..

will try to find indo sim or local sim ... back to the olden days...
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top