Exchange Rate - Part 2

Seifer28

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2005
Messages
7,286
Reaction score
274
That's about 22.28, about the same as what i changed @arcade on Thursday.
but you need to know you can withdraw up to 110k TWD (~5k SGD) in a single withdrawal (find the right bank's ATM) and still incur just $5 withdrawal fee
for my case, 20k is about just the amount i need since i just did a withdrawal using my revolut metal 1 week ago (refer to post #1,267)
 

naxchua

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2004
Messages
14,556
Reaction score
218
but you need to know you can withdraw up to 110k TWD (~5k SGD) in a single withdrawal (find the right bank's ATM) and still incur just $5 withdrawal fee
for my case, 20k is about just the amount i need since i just did a withdrawal using my revolut metal 1 week ago (refer to post #1,267)
got specific ATM then can do cash withdrawal?
 

Seifer28

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2005
Messages
7,286
Reaction score
274
I see... got it... Thanks...
so if you foresee you need much more NTD than that, then you go find an ATM that can let you withdraw 50k or even 100k in a single withdrawal so that you don't keep incurring withdrawal fees
 

naxchua

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2004
Messages
14,556
Reaction score
218
so if you foresee you need much more NTD than that, then you go find an ATM that can let you withdraw 50k or even 100k in a single withdrawal so that you don't keep incurring withdrawal fees
But I don't think I will need so much cash bah... Most of the big purchase during shopping mostly use card to pay for... Only be using the cash for those small payment, transport charges or other misc services...

I remember last time I still went to find DBS atm cos one of my trip calculated short of cash... Hahahaha
 

Seifer28

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2005
Messages
7,286
Reaction score
274
But I don't think I will need so much cash bah... Most of the big purchase during shopping mostly use card to pay for... Only be using the cash for those small payment, transport charges or other misc services...

I remember last time I still went to find DBS atm cos one of my trip calculated short of cash... Hahahaha
Withdraw frm DBS ATM also no preferential rates / lesser fees
 

koolkool

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2006
Messages
659
Reaction score
80
Hi. Anyone have the exact location of the ATM that can withdraw greater than NTD 20k in one single withdrawal using youtrip? The exchange rate is better using this method and if I can withdraw like $2000+ at one go, I can save on the S$5 fee per withdrawal. I am looking at ATM nearby Taipei Main station or Airport. If it is a short metro ride with Taipei Main Station will also be OK. I see from the chats above, I should be looking for Cathay Bank ATM, correct?

If feasible, this is first time trying my hands on ATM withdrawal in a foreign country.
:p I see from youtrip website, need to select "saving account", and select "local currency". Anything else to take note? Revolut is not an option as the exchange rate is not as good as youtrip?
 

Seifer28

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2005
Messages
7,286
Reaction score
274
Hi. Anyone have the exact location of the ATM that can withdraw greater than NTD 20k in one single withdrawal using youtrip? The exchange rate is better using this method and if I can withdraw like $2000+ at one go, I can save on the S$5 fee per withdrawal. I am looking at ATM nearby Taipei Main station or Airport. If it is a short metro ride with Taipei Main Station will also be OK. I see from the chats above, I should be looking for Cathay Bank ATM, correct?

If feasible, this is first time trying my hands on ATM withdrawal in a foreign country.
:p I see from youtrip website, need to select "saving account", and select "local currency". Anything else to take note? Revolut is not an option as the exchange rate is not as good as youtrip?
Bro, don't be funny lehz
EVEN if you have Revolut Metal, the MAX you can withdraw w/o fees is $1050 SGD.... anything more is 2% withdrawal fee (2% of $1000 is alr $20 assuming you withdraw $2k SGD worth of TWD)

and Cathay Bank ATM limit per withdrawal is 20k NTD.... you need anything more than that please go look for other ATMs
 

Seifer28

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2005
Messages
7,286
Reaction score
274
ya... i know... that's many years back before there's fintech like youtrip... Hahahaha...
i last time alw walk in to DBS bank TW change money because they usually have the best rates vs other banks in TW even after accounting for their 1% txn fee :p
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top