[Fan Club] LCHF Lifestyle - Part 3

The_King

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Trigs will initially go up cos you are switching to burning ketones

Try to test after at least 3 months of LCHF bah

A few paleo bloggers have written on the initial spike in trig numbers...

My trigs are consistently below 50 (using different scale here) and my trig/HDL as way below 1 :D

Anyway, most knowlegeable doctors now know that cholesterol numbers are quite useless in prediction of CVD

Better to watch our blood glucose levels :)

yea agree with the Better to watch our blood glucose levels.

from 90unit (7.4%) to 60unit(7.0%) under lchf is a good sign that is working. all i need now is to while 3 more month and adjust as needed

tomb

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
any one tried the CS smoked duck before?

Dystopian

Reaction score
yea agree with the Better to watch our blood glucose levels.

from 90unit (7.4%) to 60unit(7.0%) under lchf is a good sign that is working. all i need now is to while 3 more month and adjust as needed

i think i read before some angmoh simply just throw away those insulin stuff & diabetic medication when they started lchf.. :s22:

not too sure abt this.. no exp.

anyway, what;s ur height and weight and body fat?
if got gd change then gd for u.

blood test i not sure.. stable blood glucose impt.

fat_bb_fat

Reaction score
after started lchf (test 13 may 2015 @cgh)

HBA1C: 7.0% (insulin about 60 to 70 unit per day)
chol: 6.51
tg: 4.43
HDL: 1.33
ldl: 3.17

any comment?

Did you fast before the blood test?

I have been doing this for maybe 2 years, but may not be that strict. My HDL has definitely gone up. LDL is high according to normal reference range. But my TG is usually low ~1, but this really varies if you have food.

HbA1c is sort of average of 3 months. You may want to measure your fasting glucose as well to see how good your body is handling that.

fat_bb_fat

Reaction score
i think i read before some angmoh simply just throw away those insulin stuff & diabetic medication when they started lchf.. :s22:

The body is an amazing machine, it will "heal" itself once you remove the "carbs". I have seen a diabetic friend who managed to allow the wounds on the legs to heal within weeks after removing carbs.

Everyone body is probably different, it is probably good to be able to monitor progress like glucose levels, blood pressure if you were to experiment with such diets or removal of meds.

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The body is an amazing machine, it will "heal" itself once you remove the "carbs". I have seen a diabetic friend who managed to allow the wounds on the legs to heal within weeks after removing carbs.

Everyone body is probably different, it is probably good to be able to monitor progress like glucose levels, blood pressure if you were to experiment with such diets or removal of meds.

Many have managed to reverse T2 by drastically reducing carbs...

In fact, this form of treatment for diabetes is not new - doctors back in the 1920s already advocated it - but somehow that got changed over time and doctors these days prefer to use insulin to control diabetes :s22:

Dystopian

Reaction score

Yup...I believe in self healing..
remove all those junk foods n pollutants.. body can self heal repair n even regenerate..

Agree on the blood glucose...
for blood pressure.. I read that body will auto regulate..
more impt is to ensure main artery is smooth for blood flow..

The Chinese video u shared earlier got talk abt it

The_King

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

i am planning to do that as i am testing my blood almost every day 2hr after dinner or in the morning when i wake up

i have been reducing my insulin.

1.7/95kg

thanks to amazon for the cheap blood test strip that i can afford to test almost everyday or at least 5 times every week.

it cost me about SGD30cent per strip (amazon)vs sgd$1.10 per strip (if i buy locally)

thise with diabetes or know those who have, please help them to buy oversea (perfer USA NOT TAOBAO)

The_King

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did you fast before the blood test?

I have been doing this for maybe 2 years, but may not be that strict. My HDL has definitely gone up. LDL is high according to normal reference range. But my TG is usually low ~1, but this really varies if you have food.

HbA1c is sort of average of 3 months. You may want to measure your fasting glucose as well to see how good your body is handling that.

do you mean normal blood test or HBa1c?

if normal blood test. 2 hr after dinner i test usually around 100 or less. and first thing in the morning after i wake up (usually 160 or less)

for HBa1c it always fasting

Dystopian

Reaction score
1.7m 95kg
Ok lah... (remember last time got hwz pple more than 100+ kg manage to get to 70 within months)

u go lchf serious...+ some resistance training..
most prob by this yr Christmas ur weight will be down to 70+

if without insulin and medication after meal.. 2hrs later ur blood glucose below 100..then is not consider diabetic... right?

iirc....must be above 126 to qualify?

anyway, diabetes talk aside....
u shd also look into ur lifestyle..
eat - drink - walk - sleep

TGIF! as a gd start..tml u can go for a walk under the sun :D :s22:

fat_bb_fat

Reaction score
do you mean normal blood test or HBa1c?

if normal blood test. 2 hr after dinner i test usually around 100 or less. and first thing in the morning after i wake up (usually 160 or less)

for HBa1c it always fasting

Usually will fast for lipid profile like TG, LDL.
For HbA1c, fasting is not required.

I guess more important will be the trends of these results.
And have to try to take the tests from the same place.

fat_bb_fat

Reaction score
http://www.reddit.com/r/keto/comments/362rub/pics_started_keto_3_years_ago_i_was_17_and/

reddit/keto has many success stories everday.

Luc777

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
nom nom nom adams peanut butter...

jin ho jiak!

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1.7m 95kg
Ok lah... (remember last time got hwz pple more than 100+ kg manage to get to 70 within months)

u go lchf serious...+ some resistance training..
most prob by this yr Christmas ur weight will be down to 70+

if without insulin and medication after meal.. 2hrs later ur blood glucose below 100..then is not consider diabetic... right?

iirc....must be above 126 to qualify?

anyway, diabetes talk aside....
u shd also look into ur lifestyle..
eat - drink - walk - sleep

TGIF! as a gd start..tml u can go for a walk under the sun :D :s22:

Wah 100+ to 70kg :eek:

How come I am still buibui siah? :(

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.