Just wanna get everyone's views, do u feel that these popular Bukit timah schools are so popular so that staying 1-2km is not enough? Cos 4th Avenue also has 3 premium schools in that category, just want to get a sense whether that is a plus point 

Got new launch there now?The best is Robin road area. 1km of ACS baker and SCGS. Some projects in balmoral rd even 1km of ACS junior, ACS baker and SCGS.
Got new launch there now?
i dont think sixth avenue has limited facilities though, in fact i rem its one of the project with lowest density, 175 units over 173k land plot, which means 987 sf of space per unit, i compared a number of projects in that area and this development is prob the most generous in terms of density.
Another reason why you dont see many listings is due to the high demand and low supply situation for SAR, units usually get sold out in a week, its also very challenging to secure a viewing slot because there are buyers but no one is selling. I rem i went 2 months ago for a new listing, within days 2 buyers offered $200K above bank valuation and it was sold in a week. The thing i observed in SAR is the owners are really rich, first time i see a rolls royce in the carpark
There is an upcoming new launch called Perfect Ten in that area, but its a boutique development and likely to be way more pricy than Fourth Avenue as it is freehold.Got new launch there now?
If don’t have, buy resale lor.
Not satki for housewarming 
I actually don't know why rgps is such a big deal. Do you guys know what there are other "neighbourhood" primary schools that have higher entry rate into rgs than rgps? I'm not even talking about schs like tao nan or RosythRGPS is within 1km. Nanyang and Henry Park within 2km. 2C slot is for 1km radius. So got higher chance. If not usually parents need to volunteer at the school to get a chance. So staying close does not guarantee a slot in the very popular schools.
What’s the market rate for donation nowadays?Instead of buying or renting a unit in this area, it may be cheaper to make a donation if the purpose is to get a place in the school? Tested and proven

Most people I know from RGPS eventually went to crescent girls lol so yea I wondered tooInstead of buying or renting a unit in this area, it may be cheaper to make a donation if the purpose is to get a place in the school? Tested and proven
A couple of years back 20-30kWhat’s the market rate for donation nowadays?![]()
SMH, money talk....A couple of years back 20-30k
Rumour is one of the cross island line stations will be there.I wonder when URA is going to take back the land at Turf City for GLS. Anyone heard anything about this?
From another bro in a different thread.heard the Turf City lease renewed for another 5yrs from 2019. Need to ask the agent to confirm.
Thanks! The bro was responding to a similar question I asked in that thread (but in a different context).From another bro in a different thread.
Yea, I read the article too. Even if the cross island line is at KAP, it would be beneficial to FAR residents. Gives them a shorter route to the west CBD.Stacked did an article on the possible circle line stations. Possible locations are Turf city, KAP and Maju
I am quite familiar with the place. If one go for convenient, yes, these shops/banks/coffee shops offers convenience, but if 1 looking for big shopping mall, food court, hawker, etc the answer is sorry. LOLYea, I read the article too. Even if the cross island line is at KAP, it would be beneficial to FAR residents. Gives them a shorter route to the west CBD.
But its gonna be a long time coming! Phase 1 only up in 2030, so I wonder when phase 2 will be ready.
Digress a little, just realised there is a new Fairprice Xpress near the coffeeshops side. Another option for quick grocery runs for future residents. Apparently, Cold Storage at Guthrie House also revamped.
FAR does kinda strike me like a mixed development, direct access to MRT and only 3 mins walk to relatively affordable food options, supermarket, ATMs and clinics. Even for an integrated development, you'll probably need a couple of mins walk to the supermarket from doorstep.
I got a Fairprice 2 mins walk from my place - can't emphasize how convenient that is!