Galaxy S8 has red tint???

PPkiller

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2000
Messages
2,144
Reaction score
1
Honestly guy....do you all think exchanging will solve the issue ? The problem is so far all the set that I have seen in Samsung store , Singtel, M1 store on the demo set, all has the red tint issue at the edge....so I don't think exchanging will help....and how many set is Samsung going to exchange for you if the next one you have has the same issue..

Just wondering .....
u know what.. i went down to best denki to exchange.. open 2 new sets.. wtf.. worse.. edge is greenish with main screen reddish tint.. end up i took back my original phone as it's not that bad as those sets..
 

deathst

Master Member
Joined
Jun 27, 2010
Messages
3,451
Reaction score
2
u know what.. i went down to best denki to exchange.. open 2 new sets.. wtf.. worse.. edge is greenish with main screen reddish tint.. end up i took back my original phone as it's not that bad as those sets..

Eh.. People will grow into it eventually. Just like the fingerprint sensor and the blue tint issues of AMOLED.
 

Jackygogogo

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2005
Messages
54,687
Reaction score
1
u know what.. i went down to best denki to exchange.. open 2 new sets.. wtf.. worse.. edge is greenish with main screen reddish tint.. end up i took back my original phone as it's not that bad as those sets..

Frankly speaking if I am the sale there will kept giving the customers who wanted the xchg the same 2 worse to let them end up accept back their original set. No pt opening all the other sealed sets to basically unbox all their stock if everyone start demanding a xchg.
 

PPkiller

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2000
Messages
2,144
Reaction score
1
Frankly speaking if I am the sale there will kept giving the customers who wanted the xchg the same 2 worse to let them end up accept back their original set. No pt opening all the other sealed sets to basically unbox all their stock if everyone start demanding a xchg.
those 2 are sealed sets.. the sales man also kinda agree samsung qc pretty bad nowadays...
 

katata

Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2010
Messages
281
Reaction score
17
Ya lor, pay so much still have to deal with lottery. I could have recontracted April, now just waiting till end June for the rumoured one plus 5
 

cosmo74

Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2007
Messages
174
Reaction score
9
anyone else managed to do a one for one with concierge?

No, i just came back from the service centre and they denied me the chance to do a 1 to 1 exchange. The most ironic thing is the staff and the technician doesn't know anything about the latest software to tweak the red tint. Sorry guys, just to vent my frustrations, Samsung customer service sucks and they didn't know anything about the phone. I wrote to Samsung about this and hopefully they can do something about it:


'Being a new concierge Samsung customer, i was totally disappointed with your customer service provided at one of your service centre at Plaza Singapura!

I pre-ordered and bought the expensive Galaxy S8+ last month and found out that there is the red tint on the phone which i decided to get it solve at your service centre despite some tweaking using the latest software which allow us (warm to cool) to adjust the red tint to our satisfaction. However, I was not satisfied with the results.

When i showed my phone to one of your front line customer service staffs (Filipino), he told me that I am not using the latest software which can solve the red tint problem which I was surprised and shocked. I showed him the settings on the display with the warm and cool slider and i told him this is the latest software from Samsung, how can it not be the latest software? he replied confidently that it's not the latest software and so, i asked him, 'there is another updated software prior to this'? He replied 'yes'. He told me that he could let the technician update the software and try tweaking again but that will take another 30 mins to update the software.

So, i waited for another 20 mins and he came out with the phone with the updated 'software'. To my dismay, it was the old software that came right of the box when i first use it! I was totally shocked and frustrated when he and your technician doesn't know anything about the latest software with the warm and cool settings and wasted my 20 mins for you guys to revert back to the old software!

I was quite shocked by how your front line staffs and the technician doesn't know about the new software and wondered what type of training you guys have been giving them!

Last but not least, i would appreciate if someone could contact me regarding about this.'
 

bawawaw

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2017
Messages
823
Reaction score
0
When i showed my phone to one of your front line customer service staffs (Filipino), he told me that I am not using the latest software which can solve the red tint problem which I was surprised and shocked.

I understand your frustration, but stating the race here seems not right? What's the bearing of stating the race with your problem? Seems you are inciting something here.

Just my 2 cents.

I'm not Filipino, but can't control to comment about that. :s22:
 

tkl23786

Master Member
Joined
May 11, 2015
Messages
3,279
Reaction score
158
agreed... there is no need to mention the race or ethnicity

under-trained personnel or personnel not kept up to date is not related to race or ethnicity, but the management that handles training and information dissemination
 

cosmo74

Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2007
Messages
174
Reaction score
9
I understand your frustration, but stating the race here seems not right? What's the bearing of stating the race with your problem? Seems you are inciting something here.

Just my 2 cents.

I'm not Filipino, but can't control to comment about that. :s22:

I'm not inciting something nor am I against their race. I'm just frustrated at how the service centre handles matters. Now i have to go all over again to redo the settings, apps...blah blah blah.
 

seller4

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2004
Messages
15,756
Reaction score
41
I'm not inciting something nor am I against their race. I'm just frustrated at how the service centre handles matters. Now i have to go all over again to redo the settings, apps...blah blah blah.
Can enable Samsung Cloud and backup the following.

1) Phone Log and settings
2) Clock
3) Apps
4) Home screen apps and layout
5) Settings
6) Messages
7) Music
8) Voice Recorder
9) Documents

Once the phone is fixed then do restore. Lesser redo tasks.

Sent from Samsung S8+ (SM-G955FD) using GAGT
 

Raffles88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2003
Messages
10,339
Reaction score
74
I managed to exchange my s8+ one to one yesterday. Compare both set.mine really got red tint...
 

JAMES CHIN

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2014
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
No, i just came back from the service centre and they denied me the chance to do a 1 to 1 exchange. The most ironic thing is the staff and the technician doesn't know anything about the latest software to tweak the red tint. Sorry guys, just to vent my frustrations, Samsung customer service sucks and they didn't know anything about the phone. I wrote to Samsung about this and hopefully they can do something about it:


'Being a new concierge Samsung customer, i was totally disappointed with your customer service provided at one of your service centre at Plaza Singapura!

I pre-ordered and bought the expensive Galaxy S8+ last month and found out that there is the red tint on the phone which i decided to get it solve at your service centre despite some tweaking using the latest software which allow us (warm to cool) to adjust the red tint to our satisfaction. However, I was not satisfied with the results.

When i showed my phone to one of your front line customer service staffs (Filipino), he told me that I am not using the latest software which can solve the red tint problem which I was surprised and shocked. I showed him the settings on the display with the warm and cool slider and i told him this is the latest software from Samsung, how can it not be the latest software? he replied confidently that it's not the latest software and so, i asked him, 'there is another updated software prior to this'? He replied 'yes'. He told me that he could let the technician update the software and try tweaking again but that will take another 30 mins to update the software.

So, i waited for another 20 mins and he came out with the phone with the updated 'software'. To my dismay, it was the old software that came right of the box when i first use it! I was totally shocked and frustrated when he and your technician doesn't know anything about the latest software with the warm and cool settings and wasted my 20 mins for you guys to revert back to the old software!

I was quite shocked by how your front line staffs and the technician doesn't know about the new software and wondered what type of training you guys have been giving them!

Last but not least, i would appreciate if someone could contact me regarding about this.'

Don't go Plaza Sing...go Westgate...
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
Don't go Plaza Sing...go Westgate...

I agree. westgate experience is much better, though you may find some ah lian there trying their best to keep their cool with the nonsense customers they are serving... :D

I have said many times in this forum, that all samsung service centres are not under samsung directly but merely a 3rd party agent running the service centre. As much as possible, they hold the branding of samsung and that people expect samsung to control their service agent but in reality its not the case.

If you guys got issue, don't argue with the service partners cos life is not moving forward, i would say drop samsung an email and go through samsung will be a much better option, though its longer a journey than to convince the manager at service centre.

Likewise, all SES also not under samsung directly, if you have bought from SES before, the receipt will print "handphone shop" logo and other partners. Its like going to APRs to buy apple products.

So in conclusion, i find it amusing that people still bother to drama with service partners and service agents and post their drama here, i would have solved the issue by emailing samsung customer care directly while you guys busy typing wall of text kb-ing about the experience.. :D:D

Hope this helps.. :D
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top