Galaxy S8 has red tint???

ilovelife

Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2002
Messages
124
Reaction score
0
I just bought this today and unfortunately get the red tint. The new software fi the middle part part the side still have red tint even after the advanced setting for side.

Can i do a 1-1 exchange with Singtel
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
I don't think so at this point of time. Only Samsung service centre can do for you..

But shouldn't you let them to assess first? The red tint is due to angle bah..

I just bought this today and unfortunately get the red tint. The new software fi the middle part part the side still have red tint even after the advanced setting for side.

Can i do a 1-1 exchange with Singtel
 

Anything_Whatever

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2007
Messages
7,394
Reaction score
1,168
Though this is not as bad as Explosive Note 7, the red tinted defect is just as embarrassing mistake on the part of Samsung.... especially now S8 cost a lot more $$$$ to consumers.
 

nuscape

Senior Member
Joined
May 5, 2013
Messages
1,011
Reaction score
148
Apart from the red tint, any idea how to reduce the very saturated color? Eg. Red color is very red and not natural. Not prefer to change to basic because of the red tint.
 

JAMES CHIN

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2014
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Today i has called to hotline, they have used the smart tutor to help do adjustment (Updated new versionG955FXXU1AQDG) and teached me how to do the colour balance test(*#15987#), but the edge side still same have reddist issue. They ask me tomorrow go down service central to check, will try ask replace one to one. Said truth, I know they will reject me, I'm super fan of Samsung Galaxy S(from S3 to now S8 plus), that why I know Samsung customer very well. Hopefully they will try hear and stand to our consumer right./Users/mcjames/Desktop/20170501_154231.jpg
 
Last edited:

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2012
Messages
5,906
Reaction score
2
Good luck to u
Hope Sammy will help u all who kanna the red tint



Today i has called to hotline, they have used the smart tutor to help do adjustment (Updated new versionG955FXXU1AQDG) and teached me how to do the colour balance test(*#15987#), but the edge side still same have reddist issue. They ask me tomorrow go down service central to check, will try ask replace one to one. Said truth, I know they will reject me, I'm super fan of Samsung Galaxy S(from S3 to now S8 plus), that why I know Samsung customer very well. Hopefully they will try hear and stand to our consumer right./Users/mcjames/Desktop/20170501_154231.jpg
 

nuscape

Senior Member
Joined
May 5, 2013
Messages
1,011
Reaction score
148
What setting u chose? Reddish -9 ? (Press button no. 3)?

Today i has called to hotline, they have used the smart tutor to help do adjustment (Updated new versionG955FXXU1AQDG) and teached me how to do the colour balance test(*#15987#), but the edge side still same have reddist issue. They ask me tomorrow go down service central to check, will try ask replace one to one. Said truth, I know they will reject me, I'm super fan of Samsung Galaxy S(from S3 to now S8 plus), that why I know Samsung customer very well. Hopefully they will try hear and stand to our consumer right./Users/mcjames/Desktop/20170501_154231.jpg
 

JAMES CHIN

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2014
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
What setting u chose? Reddish -9 ? (Press button no. 3)?

Yes...number 3 = Reddish-9.U can see the screen turn to cool colour but the edge side still same have reddish issue...now on the way to service centre...
 

yapks

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
799
Reaction score
68
Samsung Jialat. Ill treated loyal customer.
Red tint is an obvious defect. It's only fair for them to 1to1 xchg or refund.

Today i has called to hotline, they have used the smart tutor to help do adjustment (Updated new versionG955FXXU1AQDG) and teached me how to do the colour balance test(*#15987#), but the edge side still same have reddist issue. They ask me tomorrow go down service central to check, will try ask replace one to one. Said truth, I know they will reject me, I'm super fan of Samsung Galaxy S(from S3 to now S8 plus), that why I know Samsung customer very well. Hopefully they will try hear and stand to our consumer right./Users/mcjames/Desktop/20170501_154231.jpg
 

cyberac

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2009
Messages
510
Reaction score
2
Re

Today i has called to hotline, they have used the smart tutor to help do adjustment (Updated new versionG955FXXU1AQDG) and teached me how to do the colour balance test(*#15987#), but the edge side still same have reddist issue. They ask me tomorrow go down service central to check, will try ask replace one to one. Said truth, I know they will reject me, I'm super fan of Samsung Galaxy S(from S3 to now S8 plus), that why I know Samsung customer very well. Hopefully they will try hear and stand to our consumer right./Users/mcjames/Desktop/20170501_154231.jpg

Best of luck bro, hope you managed to get a 1 to 1 exchange.
 

JAMES CHIN

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2014
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Hi all, the answer is not allowed 1 to 1 exchanged! The only way for 1 to 1 exchanged is you has buy the Samsung concierge plan($38)! I Called to CASE Trust, they said if Samsung wish to repair then we have no right to ask exchanged unless they take too long(more then a week)to repair or after repair also can't fix this. Mean for who wish to buy this phone, pls turn on ur screen to double check. if happen just exchange on the spot don't believe what update can fix it.
 

nuscape

Senior Member
Joined
May 5, 2013
Messages
1,011
Reaction score
148
Isn't that with concierge within 30 days 1 to 1 exchange but without it is ok if within 7 days? Is yours already more than 7 days?

Hi all, the answer is not allowed 1 to 1 exchanged! The only way for 1 to 1 exchanged is you has buy the Samsung concierge plan($38)! I Called to CASE Trust, they said if Samsung wish to repair then we have no right to ask exchanged unless they take too long(more then a week)to repair or after repair also can't fix this. Mean for who wish to buy this phone, pls turn on ur screen to double check. if happen just exchange on the spot don't believe what update can fix it.
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
Hi all, the answer is not allowed 1 to 1 exchanged! The only way for 1 to 1 exchanged is you has buy the Samsung concierge plan($38)! I Called to CASE Trust, they said if Samsung wish to repair then we have no right to ask exchanged unless they take too long(more then a week)to repair or after repair also can't fix this. Mean for who wish to buy this phone, pls turn on ur screen to double check. if happen just exchange on the spot don't believe what update can fix it.

the update merely allows users to tweak the colour settings so that your eyes are accustomed to the old display technology.

there might be genuine cases of defective screen but most of the time this red tint cases are blown out of proportion. I also have this red tint when viewed at certain angle, but when you view it directly at the screen, the tint disappears and viewing pleasure is not affected. I don't foresee myself watching video at the weird angle instead of perpendicular to the screen though, so i'm not that particular on the tint.
 

Sidler

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2001
Messages
1,207
Reaction score
294
Hi all, the answer is not allowed 1 to 1 exchanged! The only way for 1 to 1 exchanged is you has buy the Samsung concierge plan($38)! I Called to CASE Trust, they said if Samsung wish to repair then we have no right to ask exchanged unless they take too long(more then a week)to repair or after repair also can't fix this. Mean for who wish to buy this phone, pls turn on ur screen to double check. if happen just exchange on the spot don't believe what update can fix it.

Buy concierge on the spot and get them to change.

This is sad, buy flagship phone for so much money but get substandard display and crap service.

So did they offer to replace the screen for u?
 

JAMES CHIN

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2014
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Isn't that with concierge within 30 days 1 to 1 exchange but without it is ok if within 7 days? Is yours already more than 7 days?

I bought my phone on 28 Apr 2017. No matter how many days also not allowed to exchange.
 
Last edited:

JAMES CHIN

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2014
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
the update merely allows users to tweak the colour settings so that your eyes are accustomed to the old display technology.

there might be genuine cases of defective screen but most of the time this red tint cases are blown out of proportion. I also have this red tint when viewed at certain angle, but when you view it directly at the screen, the tint disappears and viewing pleasure is not affected. I don't foresee myself watching video at the weird angle instead of perpendicular to the screen though, so i'm not that particular on the tint.

My view angle is directly at the screen.
 

JAMES CHIN

Junior Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2014
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Buy concierge on the spot and get them to change.

This is sad, buy flagship phone for so much money but get substandard display and crap service.

So did they offer to replace the screen for u?

Yes...they only can help repair...but not guarantee water resistant still on funtion.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top