Galaxy S8 has red tint???

Anything_Whatever

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 1, 2007
Messages
7,394
Reaction score
1,168
Well lemon set or not the current Samsung service stance is disappointing... ask me to wait

2 weeks wait time.... anything can happen de....

Means you cannot apply screen protector
Means if you accidentally crack your screen... there goes your exchange rights
Means if you suffered dent or scuffed, they won't do 1to1 exchange, but only repair

You got concierge ... should insist on 1to1 exchange now
 

junjie433

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2008
Messages
37,259
Reaction score
6,092
Appreciate your helpful suggestion - yes I have played w the RGB option under display settings over and over again.. it becomes less obvious if i push red and green all the way down but keep blue. But still the contrast is there, like if i am surfing hwz the post from the bottom of the screen turn from yellowish tint when reach the top half have reddish tint.

Probably the oled diodes for my screen unevenly deposited. But I would have thought their blah blah blah 7 or 8 point check should pick up and reject. Seems all wayang only. What to do.. wait and see how lor. I not going to say I wont buy Samsung anymore but definitely a very disappointed long term customer.

Half yellow half red... their QC is sleeping. After their Note7 incident, i don't even trust their first batch of smartphone.
 

hwfan

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2002
Messages
71
Reaction score
0
2 weeks wait time.... anything can happen de....

Means you cannot apply screen protector
Means if you accidentally crack your screen... there goes your exchange rights
Means if you suffered dent or scuffed, they won't do 1to1 exchange, but only repair

You got concierge ... should insist on 1to1 exchange now

Appreciate your view - I did ask nicely for replacement but they say cannot must wait for the softwate update. I not so keen on kicking up a scene so wait and see lor. I did get Concierge more for the reduced screen repair costs but its 30 days 1 to 1 right? Lets see how "head office" acts in the next couple of weeks then I will go back lor.

Unless you got phone number of Samsung Mobile Singapore boss to share..
 

trenzterra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2002
Messages
20,628
Reaction score
516
Below is the photo of my screen. Went back to Samsung PS Service Centre today and the Samsung staff also agree the contrast. Brought it behind the service area (to check w colleagues/boss?) and came back and told me to wait for softwarw update in 2 weeks or so, that will "definitely fix" the issue.

I told them I dont think so cos its an uneven tint issue, they said if the update cannot fix then go back again.

Btw for those birds who are posting in this thread with bird talk claiming limpeh is kpkb, I have owned Galaxy S, S2, Note 2, Note 3, Note Edge and S7E over the years and never had such a poor screen before. Suspect as the online articles say, the new wide aspect amoled causes the amoled issues to be more obvious, and Samsung QC cmi this round.

Other than the screen I am enjoying the phone but this is quite a big flaw..

http://m.imgur.com/8ze2quo

8ze2quo

Good luck. My S6 had the same issue and Samsung claimed they couldn't see it. Even if they could, they will just factory reset for you etc. In the end I sold the S6 twice and even on the third set, uneven screen tint. You just have to accept it as the normal way of life on AMOLED screens. After a while I learnt to live with it.

My S7 edge also had abit of uneven screen tint.
 

hwfan

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2002
Messages
71
Reaction score
0
Good luck. My S6 had the same issue and Samsung claimed they couldn't see it. Even if they could, they will just factory reset for you etc. In the end I sold the S6 twice and even on the third set, uneven screen tint. You just have to accept it as the normal way of life on AMOLED screens. After a while I learnt to live with it.

My S7 edge also had abit of uneven screen tint.

My previous 6 sets of Samsung Phone never had such a problem, so this is very strange to me. Seems not too many complaints locally about this issue so maybe I really kenna a lemon set this round.
 

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2012
Messages
5,906
Reaction score
2
Easy option u CAn don't buy for now until all the issue is even out or opt for others brands

Since now Sammy SG insist on wait for new patch to fix

I'm at my wits end. Hahas

I'll pray for my set not to have the same issue as you. :D
 

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2012
Messages
5,906
Reaction score
2
U can consider sell off if samsung don't entertain u or even the patch it's not helping at all and look else wheee lor
Lan lan Liao



My previous 6 sets of Samsung Phone never had such a problem, so this is very strange to me. Seems not too many complaints locally about this issue so maybe I really kenna a lemon set this round.
 

myhealthychoice

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 7, 2015
Messages
859
Reaction score
12
This is horrible suggestion. Don't ever do this. U r only passing ur problem to others. Complain to CASE if Samsung isn't doing enough to solve your problem.

U can consider sell off if samsung don't entertain u or even the patch it's not helping at all and look else wheee lor
Lan lan Liao
 

trenzterra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2002
Messages
20,628
Reaction score
516
My previous 6 sets of Samsung Phone never had such a problem, so this is very strange to me. Seems not too many complaints locally about this issue so maybe I really kenna a lemon set this round.
Imo you won't notice it until people say it. At first I also didn't notice on my s6 until people say then I see. This time round I think everyone looking at their phone intently to see the red tint that they discover the more troubling amoled imperfection: uneven screen tint. In fact, if you load a grey background on low brightness in a dark room, the flaw will become even more obvious.
 

jedi5diah

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2009
Messages
6,480
Reaction score
0
my beloved nexus 6 has uneven red tints too lol...i had S6 and sold it because of a much obvious red tint at the bottom
 

hwfan

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2002
Messages
71
Reaction score
0
Is this display in adaptive mode or normal mode?

Adaptive mode. But tried all the other modes (cinema/photo/basic) etc and still the unevenness was very obvious.

I think Samsung QC is too poor, its one thing if it was slightly uneven but if its this uneven until two halves are different tone, they should not have approved this panel.
 

hwfan

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2002
Messages
71
Reaction score
0
Anyway, this is an article I wrote on my old website about this issue: http://139.59.104.149/galaxy-s6-the-ugly-truth-about-its-screen/

Restored it from DigitalOcean just for yall to see... this was my experience with the S6.

Thanks for sharing.. its one thing if the whole panel is one tone but if its blotchy I dont think there is a real software unless there can be an easy to use app that can selectively adjust colour balance of individual sections of the screen at a root level..
 

Radforce

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2011
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
mine is S8+ a bit reddish on top, but i have used the suggested color balance to adjust the value and it less visible now.

my current value is set to -4

just press *#15987# and adjust to your preference
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top