General S-REITs Discussion Thread

DevilPlate

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2020
Messages
12,252
Reaction score
5,165
On the idea of REIT-ETF (like CLR) vs individual REITS.

Pros of ETF
  1. You don't need to track the individual REITS
  2. You get a basket portfolio
  3. You don't need to take care of the Rights issue
Pros of buying Individual REIT
  1. There is no expense ratio or Management fee
  2. You can choose what you want in % allocation
There should be more to the pros & cons of each approach. But my question is this....

The CLR claims the expense ratio is 0.6%. And the management fees is 0.5%

What does this this translate to ? I am not expert in this - as to what is the difference between Expense ratio and Management fees. But let us add them together for simplicity - 1.1%. How does this impact our performance ?

  1. Is my NAV effected by 1.1% i.e. if I buy individually the same basket, then I will be having asset which is 1.1% higher ? And cumulatively for 20 years, this will grow bigger.
  2. From the distribution/yield perspective, what does this mean ? I am worried about it. Will this translate to a big reduction ? Or the expense & mgmt fees only goes in reduction of asset price, but the dividends from that asset flows thru directly to us ? I know it is a dumb question, but yes, I have a concern.

Personally, I like the ETF though :), but I am wary of the fees.
Total fees all in 0.6%

so 10 years later, lugi 6%

if using custodian acct, can just DCA 1k per counter each time into top 10 blue chip reits instead….
but because im wana hold in cdp, i goto buy 9-10k each time in order to optimise the brokerage fees……so not feasible for me to DCA into blue chip reits Individually.

unless ofc if u wana accumulate like 1-2M worth of reits….then no issue hahaha
 

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
9,520
Reaction score
3,224
I find those bluchip reits from mapletree, capland, keppel YTD are dropping more than 2nd liners like AIM, ESR, Paragon, Cromwell after this week... :(
I already got most of the 2nd liners. Now targeting the blue chip reit some quite stubborn refuse to touch 52 week low while some have touched and may even go lower! Need to spread out your capital for this game. I forgo this week 12 month T-Bill capital to work on this.
 

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
9,520
Reaction score
3,224
Total fees all in 0.6%

so 10 years later, lugi 6%

if using custodian acct, can just DCA 1k per counter each time into top 10 blue chip reits instead….
but because im wana hold in cdp, i goto buy 9-10k each time in order to optimise the brokerage fees……so not feasible for me to DCA into blue chip reits Individually.

unless fc u wana accumulate like 1-2M worth of reits….then no issue hahaha
For SGX REIT ETF I already share in other thread poems now having promotion, you really pay $1-2 max fees and the ETF goes into your CDP but it must be poems cash management account though.

https://www.poems.com.sg/no-minimum-commission-sgx-listed-etfs/
 

DevilPlate

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2020
Messages
12,252
Reaction score
5,165

direbmem

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2005
Messages
11,834
Reaction score
128
That is correct lor. I very good liao minimum for SGX ETF 1 I put in 100-200 already very give face leh
I wonder how does Poems charge us if we buy only 1 ETF share at a time. At 0.28%, if I buy 1 ETF share at $2 per unit, the brokerage is less than $0.01. How to charge customer?
 

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
9,520
Reaction score
3,224
I wonder how does Poems charge us if we buy only 1 ETF share at a time. At 0.28%, if I buy 1 ETF share at $2 per unit, the brokerage is less than $0.01. How to charge customer?
Got SGX fees and that one got one item is 35 cents flat liao. So if you buy 1 ETF pay 35 cents rugi lar. Buy more lar.

Also some of the listed ETF market maker is Phillip Securities (poems parent?) so they trying to promote more trading volume so can give such promo.
 

Senthil1179

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2023
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Total fees all in 0.6%

so 10 years later, lugi 6%

if using custodian acct, can just DCA 1k per counter each time into top 10 blue chip reits instead….
but because im wana hold in cdp, i goto buy 9-10k each time in order to optimise the brokerage fees……so not feasible for me to DCA into blue chip reits Individually.

sunless ofc if u wana accumulate like 1-2M worth of reits….then no issue hahaha
Sorry, I don't understand...what do you mean by "so 10 years later, lugi 6%" ?
 

MrHighlander

Master Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2018
Messages
3,332
Reaction score
100
I can’t imagine SREITs will get butchered like this

dividends warrior must be under the bus with China Tech and SREITs both in dire straits
 

Average

Banned
Joined
Apr 14, 2012
Messages
28,986
Reaction score
280

Average

Banned
Joined
Apr 14, 2012
Messages
28,986
Reaction score
280
The promotional commission rate stated above will remain in effect even after the Campaign Period, subject to CGS-CIMB’s sole and absolute discretion to discontinue such promotional rate by providing at least one month’s notice of its discontinuance.
 

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
9,520
Reaction score
3,224
prosperus used to have no promo period for no min comm. not sure why now they state promo period. yes is custodian acct

wah din know poems no min comm can go CDP. Sell from CDP also same price?
It only applies for SGX listed ETF and buying hor. And only if you use poems cash management account type which is pay 25+ for SGX stock to go into CDP. Sell is 25+. Think SGX ETF no business so poems (Philips Securities) is market maker for some ETF come out this promo to create business for those ETF. Spore SGX ETF really pathetic sia.

https://www.poems.com.sg/no-minimum-commission-sgx-listed-etfs/
 
Last edited:

direbmem

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2005
Messages
11,834
Reaction score
128
I can’t imagine SREITs will get butchered like this

dividends warrior must be under the bus with China Tech and SREITs both in dire straits
DW dividends on track to increase to $40k this year. However his capital gains decreased by about same amount or more. Used to be about + 200k++ about 6 mths ago, now about +150-170k++. But if he hold 2 more years, when REITs rebound when rates peaked or decrease, it will be the mother of all rebounds (in Adam Khoo's words lol).
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top