General S-REITs Discussion Thread

Franzz

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2007
Messages
33,076
Reaction score
2
Target PLife very long. Forced to make a move today and enter at 2.19...
 

Genosis

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2015
Messages
10,104
Reaction score
6
can enlighten me abit abit. I am confused by the US terms.

They borrow money using short-term debt and use the funds to buy longer-term mortgage securities, earning the spread between the rates. They also use leverage to boost their returns.

In other words, riskier than a normal REIT. Dun waste ur energy looking at them.

My advice, just focus on S-REITs. ;)
 

Bedokian

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2007
Messages
2,196
Reaction score
7
can enlighten me abit abit. I am confused by the US terms.

Basically, mortgage REITs or mreits earn its profit from the interest from housing loan mortgages, and have no physical buildings, unlike normal REITs, which earn from the rental.
 

JW2015

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2016
Messages
521
Reaction score
0
Basically, mortgage REITs or mreits earn its profit from the interest from housing loan mortgages, and have no physical buildings, unlike normal REITs, which earn from the rental.

sounds like a higher risk REITs
 

Dyhalt

Senior Member
Joined
May 25, 2011
Messages
1,297
Reaction score
2
Mortage REITs, highly leveraged, mostly paper promises.

Highly affected by change in interest rate or loans going bad.

But the plus side is the super high yield it offers, some can be as high as 12% yield.

Personally I treat them like junk bonds, not a good choice for stable income.
 

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2015
Messages
84,162
Reaction score
10,088
Mortage REITs, highly leveraged, mostly paper promises.

Highly affected by change in interest rate or loans going bad.

But the plus side is the super high yield it offers, some can be as high as 12% yield.

Personally I treat them like junk bonds, not a good choice for stable income.

Unless one buys the etf that holds them.
 

Franzz

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2007
Messages
33,076
Reaction score
2
Congrats! Now at $2.25 :D
Just checked the price again, Very surprised to see the rise to this level!

Wanted to enter at 2.15-2.17 range initially. Was caught off guard by the announcement ytd. Heng just now I whack only.
 

Tooi Kono Machi De

Master Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2010
Messages
4,727
Reaction score
8
Just checked the price again, Very surprised to see the rise to this level!

Wanted to enter at 2.15-2.17 range initially. Was caught off guard by the announcement ytd. Heng just now I whack only.

Sian... Plife... When then I can buy... Can I pray for something like an earth***** in Japan so I can buy? Damn zek ark I know :(
 

Franzz

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2007
Messages
33,076
Reaction score
2
Sian... Plife... When then I can buy... Can I pray for something like an earth***** in Japan so I can buy? Damn zek ark I know :(

Can target 2.18 to 2.20 range, that's my target price. I think it's fair price if you intend to hold for very very long like me.

And I buy it for my gf who's a nurse. She got friend working at Mount E. So I tell her: go tell your friends working there you are now her bosses' landlord!
 

starfish.starfish

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2007
Messages
5,095
Reaction score
2
Can target 2.18 to 2.20 range, that's my target price. I think it's fair price if you intend to hold for very very long like me.

And I buy it for my gf who's a nurse. She got friend working at Mount E. So I tell her: go tell your friends working there you are now her bosses' landlord!

I know gleneagles is part, you mean mount e too meh?
Am keen to buy for the gleneagles component, it's always super busy there.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top