Google Nexus 7 2nd generation

LemonPlusTea

Master Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2010
Messages
4,281
Reaction score
1
wah.. save my comgateway $$ :s13::s13:
Your estimated delivery date is:
Tuesday, September 24, 2013 -
Friday, October 4, 2013

long way to go...
 

TiOnGSquare

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 27, 2003
Messages
30,648
Reaction score
23
anyone getting the official premium cover?

ASUS NEW NEXUS 7 FHD OFFICIAL PREMIUM COVER
 

godslayers

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2005
Messages
1,513
Reaction score
0
I enabled the setting to disable wifi on standby, but the battery still dropped to 61% after 14hrs at home doing nothing. This is marginally better than yesterday, but still quite unacceptable.

Perhaps some of you can share your standby battery life? At this rate, I still have to charge everyday. This is not quite what I expected. My Nexus 4 with a smaller battery can last longer in standby.

I only lost 10% after a day (26h)
 

LemonPlusTea

Master Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2010
Messages
4,281
Reaction score
1
Ouch, I would rather pay a bit more for instant gratification :)

mehh. Not in a hurry to get the tablet :)

Now, though. After I put in my order my account apparently tio suspended or something.. Now on live chat with amazon people. LOL

Well, apparently they'll need to confirm with the bank or something first.. sian. LOL
 
Last edited:

StanII

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2007
Messages
14,710
Reaction score
30

ZippyRa

Member
Joined
Jul 29, 2007
Messages
363
Reaction score
6
Quite ex leh bro I feel and no sleep/wake function, deal breaker.



Yeap bro from ebay!



Decent for it's price, dk if it'll last long but looks like the official premium cover, even comes with a SP for the N7.

bro you case from ebay took how long to deliver? i seen some from china im worried they talk damn long -.-
 

Ionized1975

Member
Joined
May 16, 2007
Messages
136
Reaction score
0
j74epXKDRusDA.png
jc2qSpkH0WgBp.png


I forced the JSS15Q OTA update on my N7.2 and got it after about 10 tries. I just hope my Google account doesn't screw up later.

Anyway, here is a little heads up to those who have rooted their Nexus 7.2. If you are rooted, the JSS15Q OTA update will fail. You have a few options to get it to work:
1. Perform a Full Unroot within the SuperSU app. (Tested)
2. Install BusyBox and use Terminal Emulator to unset immutable bit of SU. (Requires Linux knowledge)
3. Flash UPDATE-SuperSU-ota.zip found in this post: Does rooting only removes the ability for OTA updates? - xda-developers (I think it's the same as option 2 but automated by flashing.)

I don't have the chance to try option 2 or 3 but I think you will still be rooted after the OTA update. If you go for option 1, just flash TWRP recovery and install SuperSU again to get rooted.

OTA update seems to be successful even if I did not revert to stock recovery. I was using TWRP during the update. Still, it's safer to use the stock recovery. Less hassle as you don't have to intervene with rebooting and stuff if the flashing fails.

I can't tell if there are any improvements since my set doesn't have multitouch issues and I don't use the GPS.
 
Last edited:

IncTEh

Master Member
Joined
May 29, 2012
Messages
2,723
Reaction score
0
does anyone know when the LTE version is launching in singapore?
I am undecided between getting a note 8.0 or waiting for nexus 7

It won't be launching in Singapore for the next 6 months I guess, you will have to get from US when it launch.
 

alphalee

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2011
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
j74epXKDRusDA.png
jc2qSpkH0WgBp.png


I forced the JSS15Q OTA update on my N7.2 and got it after about 10 tries. I just hope my Google account doesn't screw up later.

Anyway, here is a little heads up to those who have rooted their Nexus 7.2. If you are rooted, the JSS15Q OTA update will fail. You have a few options to get it to work:
1. Perform a Full Unroot within the SuperSU app. (Tested)
2. Install BusyBox and use Terminal Emulator to unset immutable bit of SU. (Requires Linux knowledge)
3. Flash UPDATE-SuperSU-ota.zip found in this post: Does rooting only removes the ability for OTA updates? - xda-developers (I think it's the same as option 2 but automated by flashing.)

I don't have the chance to try option 2 or 3 but I think you will still be rooted after the OTA update. If you go for option 1, just flash TWRP recovery and install SuperSU again to get rooted.

OTA update seems to be successful even if I did not revert to stock recovery. I was using TWRP during the update. Still, it's safer to use the stock recovery. Less hassle as you don't have to intervene with rebooting and stuff if the flashing fails.

I can't tell if there are any improvements since my set doesn't have multitouch issues and I don't use the GPS.

Bro, ask u ah. If I get it unroot, do I go through the conventional way of rooting or, will superSU be able to root it back?
 

deathdeaf

Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2011
Messages
327
Reaction score
0
Clear LCD tempered glass screen protector For New Nexus 7 2013

$8 per peice, $14 for 2 pieces.


STOCK AVAILABLE FOR SCREEN PROTECTOR
PM ME TO GET IT
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top