You are using what to roast?
10 characters
https://www.sweetmarias.com/product/nesco-coffee-roaster
http://www.nesco.com/products/Small-Appliances/Coffee-Preparation-Roasting-Grinding-and-Brewing/Coffee-Bean-Roaster-Pro-Series/

You are using what to roast?
https://www.sweetmarias.com/product/nesco-coffee-roaster
http://www.nesco.com/products/Small-Appliances/Coffee-Preparation-Roasting-Grinding-and-Brewing/Coffee-Bean-Roaster-Pro-Series/
True can't expect much from $6/250g beans
Buying cheap beans to calibrate the grinder
Ya true.
I'm thinking of asking my maid , my idling staffs or office pantry auntie to do the roasting. I use up 2 to 3kg a week.
Which roaster is suitable?
Thinking of trying the Gachala from Tiong Hoe.
It's $45 per kg under subscription. Comes in 500g bags.
Size is nice.

After 2 bags of IKEA beans I still haven't got the grind right
Very wet puck caused by tight tamping or too fine grinds
Can't compare fairly since I'm using Strega with the smaller BB005 grinder at home and using BZ13 and the bigger Quamar M80E for the office.Tester, as you have both BZ13 and Strega. Is it correct to say that the Strega shots feel much fuller with more body compared to BZ13 which can be bright and more "acidic". Perhaps another way to describe is Strega gives you more dark chocolatey taste?

Can't compare fairly since I'm using Strega with the smaller BB005 grinder at home and using BZ13 and the bigger Quamar M80E for the office.
I bought a few bags of beans from cafes using those big expensive $30000 pressure profiling espresso machines before and I think the Strega can produce the same taste better than the BZ13.
Strega no need to do backflushing for cleaning![]()
What I mentioned was the BZ13's clarity was slightly clearer than the E61 I was trying before my purchase.Yea, a bit tough to compare that way. Problem with Strega is always the space issue but if I am forking out 2k, I might as well go all the way.
You mentioned BZ13 has more clarity. Does it mean more acidic?
Actually my goal is to match the taste profile in those espresso cafes in Italy. Most of the time I drink double shot with a bit of milk.

What I mentioned was the BZ13's clarity was slightly clearer than the E61 I was trying before my purchase.
The Strega is much clearer than both, that's why I got it later for my personal use.
It is not necessarily more sour, it's a bit hard to describe, the flavours just taste wider in a positive way.

Ya, there are actually many ways to play with the Strega. By default user instruction, releasing the spring upon the first drip, is already very good.
You can also do things like releasing the spring earlier, release later, hold back the pressure, etc. That can transform the profile quite vastly.![]()