(GPGT)Espresso machine hoot

compuser

Banned
Joined
Jan 4, 2008
Messages
4,465
Reaction score
1,613
It is fast, but its not dry and powerful enough for silky smooth milk.
Initially, I can't get it right too, but I found out my method was wrong after going for a barista class.
My HX is just 1.5l, even smaller than your Strega.
My latte cups are about 180ml, still alright for two.

From what I researched back then, the steam power depends on the size of the boiler and the temperature. Linea mini's steam is definitely more as the boiler is 3l, use much more power and cost 3x more though.
 

Knight_Rider

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2003
Messages
11,100
Reaction score
1
https://www.deathwishcoffee.com/collections/death-wish-coffee

rum_ball_front_1024x1024.jpg
 

tortoise18

Banned
Joined
Apr 18, 2005
Messages
30,374
Reaction score
856
I gt this espresso hand grinder. After 3 uses, it suddenly stopped working. Without coffee bean, the burr turns. With coffee bean, the beans keeps getting stuck inside. The burr stopped turning. How to solve this? I dismantled and assembled again, no diff
 

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2006
Messages
46,343
Reaction score
15,782
suddenly USD dropped to like 1.31. Buy local still cheaper or overseas now?
They are priced in Euro. Like a car, you will need regular maintenance and strong local support. It's not a one time purchase thing.

I suggest that you go and try the machines yourself to know the differences between different groupheads. Personally, I like the Bezzera Strega most but it's out of your budget. :o
 
Joined
May 11, 2017
Messages
62,291
Reaction score
11,756
Where can try ah?

They are priced in Euro. Like a car, you will need regular maintenance and strong local support. It's not a one time purchase thing.

I suggest that you go and try the machines yourself to know the differences between different groupheads. Personally, I like the Bezzera Strega most but it's out of your budget. :o
 

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2006
Messages
46,343
Reaction score
15,782
They are all okay or more or less abt the same as the Bezzera Magica.
Appartamento no brew pressure gauge.
Tank and boiler abit smaller.

You happy can liao.
Any choice also better than your single boiler now. :o
 
Joined
May 11, 2017
Messages
62,291
Reaction score
11,756
They are all okay or more or less abt the same as the Bezzera Magica.
Appartamento no brew pressure gauge.
Tank and boiler abit smaller.

You happy can liao.
Any choice also better than your single boiler now. :o

in this case get the cheaper HX la which is BZ10
 

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2006
Messages
23,202
Reaction score
80
suddenly USD dropped to like 1.31. Buy local still cheaper or overseas now?

You considering American made machine? These come with 220v
https://decentespresso.com/dem_buy

If not they are prices in Euro, u don’t want to buy 110V from USA and get transformers cost more
 
Last edited:
Joined
May 11, 2017
Messages
62,291
Reaction score
11,756
Limited budget bz10 is better than what you have today
If u kept thinking spend little more can get that and a little more can get Y. Never ending

Yeah I feel also neverending de. Not sure can know the difference or not when drinking. I'm using the Macap MC6 at home, should be ok hor
 
Joined
May 11, 2017
Messages
62,291
Reaction score
11,756
Quote first

Highlander carries Vibiemme
Chye Seng Huat and 1 more shop (check back on thread) carries rocket
Necessary provision carries Quickmill
Fine Coffee Company carries Bezzera and Expobar
Jimmy monkey carries Slayer
Spinelli carries Rancilio

There's more other forummers can tell you I think.

To be honest, I checked all these before I purchased. So far, Bezzera from FCC is the cheapest. No I am not related to them, just sharing what I went through you are thinking now.

*edit - rancilio is cheapest, but it has its own differences
 

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2006
Messages
23,202
Reaction score
80
Yeah I feel also neverending de. Not sure can know the difference or not when drinking. I'm using the Macap MC6 at home, should be ok hor

65mm burr good enough.
most ppl cannot tell the difference. the quality and freshness of beans matter more.
 

genie47

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
27,508
Reaction score
47
Some superautomatic love here. I'm stuck with superautos because wife is a convenience person and yet wants good coffee.

The most popular models around are the DeLonghis of which the ESAM3300 is the cheapest. I believe you can get it for aorund SGD500-600.

Of course you need to maintain it well. Videos for the cleaning and maintenance of the brew head can be found on Youtube. Parts are easily available from eBay and many other retailers.

Got my ESAM6600 for a measely SGD400. Been going on well. In the office I have a Solis Palazzo which is basically a Gaggia Titanium in disguise.

Every time I maintain it, it is like strip rifle time. The brew head comes out and a lot of "click-clack" sounds. I save money by not getting specialty coffee machine cleaners. Being well-versed in chemistry, you want something alkaline to convert the oils into soap through saponification and make them easier to wash off. I use washing soda which is basically sodium carbonate (not bicarbonate).
 

seianko

Suspended
Joined
Jan 14, 2004
Messages
74,705
Reaction score
43
Some superautomatic love here. I'm stuck with superautos because wife is a convenience person and yet wants good coffee.

The most popular models around are the DeLonghis of which the ESAM3300 is the cheapest. I believe you can get it for aorund SGD500-600.

Of course you need to maintain it well. Videos for the cleaning and maintenance of the brew head can be found on Youtube. Parts are easily available from eBay and many other retailers.

Got my ESAM6600 for a measely SGD400. Been going on well. In the office I have a Solis Palazzo which is basically a Gaggia Titanium in disguise.

Every time I maintain it, it is like strip rifle time. The brew head comes out and a lot of "click-clack" sounds. I save money by not getting specialty coffee machine cleaners. Being well-versed in chemistry, you want something alkaline to convert the oils into soap through saponification and make them easier to wash off. I use washing soda which is basically sodium carbonate (not bicarbonate).
shyly ask shoo shoo where u buy ?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top