(GPGT)Espresso machine hoot

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2006
Messages
23,202
Reaction score
80
Hi all... is chikyblink still around? anyone who had tried ordering espresso machines from espressocoffeesho.com or elektros.it? care to share experience? had already read thru this thread... seems like only chiky n kathryn are aware..

I only recall 2 person here who got grinder online not machines. put some effort and search..

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/h...8/gpgt-espresso-machine-hoot-4500430-205.html
Ordered a Eureka Zenith 65e from Elektros.it, came super quick and I havent even order the main machine yet! Will post quick review once I have everything on hand!

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/h...so-machine-hoot-4500430-198.html#post95234122
Just to check, has anyone shipped machines from overseas, particularly from espressocoffeecompany? There is a machine I am keen on buying, and it's quite a lot cheaper there than buying local. I am worried about damages and reliability of the company, but the prices in Singapore, though slightly better than in the past, are still pretty prohibitive.

i bought my rancilio silvia and macap m4 grinder from them. they process the order pretty fast and ship out within 2-3 days but the delivery by tent was pretty slow took about 2 weeks plus and was 1 week off the estimated arrival date for my machines.

If you're ordering, can help me order one rancilio bottomless portafilter if possible and i can pay bit of the shipping cost? >.<

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/h...so-machine-hoot-4500430-196.html#post95114016
Just to check, has anyone shipped machines from overseas, particularly from espressocoffeecompany? There is a machine I am keen on buying, and it's quite a lot cheaper there than buying local. I am worried about damages and reliability of the company, but the prices in Singapore, though slightly better than in the past, are still pretty prohibitive.

I just bought a Macap grinder from them. No shipping damages. They are quite reliable. Item was shipped out the next day. They use TNT for delivery to Singapore.

Hope this helps!

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/h...so-machine-hoot-4500430-135.html#post90258030
anyone ordered from aboutespresso.com or espressocoffeeshop.com before? how's your experience?
I got my grinder here. No problem.
My friend who recommended me also got from here.
I even called up the italian :)
 
Last edited:

erwinseow

Member
Joined
May 9, 2000
Messages
113
Reaction score
0
Hi all... is chikyblink still around? anyone who had tried ordering espresso machines from espressocoffeesho.com or elektros.it? care to share experience? had already read thru this thread... seems like only chiky n kathryn are aware..

Ask yourself if you are a hands on person? Are you comfortable opening up an espresso machine? If the answer is "No". Then I suggest you get a machine locally. Else, by all means order online. I have experiences with both. Both will support spare parts as and when is needed (But you may need to troubleshoot the machine yourself). My experience is that elektros.it gives better quicker response and support.

Hope this helps.
 

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2006
Messages
23,202
Reaction score
80
Playing devils advocate here
How many ppl here claim warranty before? If E61 machines last over 10yrs then local biz we hope they stay 10yrs from how.

There are such biz who will repair any machine
http://www.pitticaffe.com.sg/packages/coffee-machine-repair/
 
Last edited:

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2006
Messages
46,347
Reaction score
15,786
Lucky I deal with medical care cleaning equipment, think my techs can do the repairs. So far, no problem though. :o

Unless the saving is a lot like at least 20pct, else no point. :(
 

sseah12

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2013
Messages
524
Reaction score
10
Elektros.it vs espressocoffeeshop.com

Ask yourself if you are a hands on person? Are you comfortable opening up an espresso machine? If the answer is "No". Then I suggest you get a machine locally. Else, by all means order online. I have experiences with both. Both will support spare parts as and when is needed (But you may need to troubleshoot the machine yourself). My experience is that elektros.it gives better quicker response and support.

Hope this helps.
Noted.. Will pm u
 
Last edited:

DriftKing

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2005
Messages
2,470
Reaction score
438
Most machines can be serviced locally, just if you're willing to spend for it that is.

Therefore though local prices may still seem more expensive, do factor in the warranty period (tbh 6-12 months is pretty short).

I've only ordered the Grinder through Elektro's, very quick response from them, shipped fast as well. And being a grinder there's very little failure points so I didnt really bothered about the warranty.
 

sseah12

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2013
Messages
524
Reaction score
10
Most machines can be serviced locally, just if you're willing to spend for it that is.

Therefore though local prices may still seem more expensive, do factor in the warranty period (tbh 6-12 months is pretty short).

I've only ordered the Grinder through Elektro's, very quick response from them, shipped fast as well. And being a grinder there's very little failure points so I didnt really bothered about the warranty.

It appears you are right... after factoring in the shipping fees appro 120 euro and up and SG GST 7%, the total price is similar to local price, esp for BZ... at least local have some warranty... better than nothing... but it seems grinders and accesories more worth to get from overseas... :s22::s22:
 

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2006
Messages
46,347
Reaction score
15,786
You happy can liao, i seldom shop for items that cost more than 1k from overseas.

I claimed so many times insurance for my business shipments, rarely successful. :o
 

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2006
Messages
23,202
Reaction score
80
It appears you are right... after factoring in the shipping fees appro 120 euro and up and SG GST 7%, the total price is similar to local price, esp for BZ... at least local have some warranty... better than nothing... but it seems grinders and accesories more worth to get from overseas... :s22::s22:

Exchange rate, shipping cost and GST can make things unfavorable
Do your math
 

Reggieccw

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2018
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Newbie here, and abit off topic

anyone ever used or heard of Nivona cafegrano 130 grinder? Thoughts and review?

Thought of getting an electrical burr grinder but don't want to spend a bomb yet. I usually brew using aeropress, v60 or immersion cold brew.
 
Joined
May 11, 2017
Messages
62,291
Reaction score
11,756
LMAO just move in to my new house.
Still haven't gotten my espresso machine. My rancilio is lying there, leaking somewhere, should I repair it...
 

tomb

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
32,670
Reaction score
358
any recommended shop to get an aeropress filter cap? the cheapest option i can find is about 15 sgd inclusive of shipping.
 

DriftKing

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2005
Messages
2,470
Reaction score
438
Newbie here, and abit off topic

anyone ever used or heard of Nivona cafegrano 130 grinder? Thoughts and review?

Thought of getting an electrical burr grinder but don't want to spend a bomb yet. I usually brew using aeropress, v60 or immersion cold brew.

Maybe best to search overseas forum. But highly likely if you can't find it means it isn't popular (sometimes for a good reason). Stick with popular ones, if not hario handgrinder works too. Just saw the price, at almost $200, you may well just look for second hand grinder off carousell... maybe just need to top up a little more.
 

tomb

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
32,670
Reaction score
358
Newbie here, and abit off topic

anyone ever used or heard of Nivona cafegrano 130 grinder? Thoughts and review?

Thought of getting an electrical burr grinder but don't want to spend a bomb yet. I usually brew using aeropress, v60 or immersion cold brew.

that is the european version of the capresso infinity. it's ok if you're not that fussy. doesn't give good coarse grinds.
 

wook2000

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2000
Messages
639
Reaction score
7
Newbie here, and abit off topic

anyone ever used or heard of Nivona cafegrano 130 grinder? Thoughts and review?

Thought of getting an electrical burr grinder but don't want to spend a bomb yet. I usually brew using aeropress, v60 or immersion cold brew.

If you familiar with taobao can get Fuji R220 clone, with shipping less den $150. very impressive for pour over. Easy to use with minimal fines and Zero retention
 

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2006
Messages
23,202
Reaction score
80
finally a roaster that is under us$300.
120g roast in 6mins on 1300W that is powerful for US$260.
np control roast time so how to control roast level? if ppl who want french roast how to do it? put less beans thats my guess.
I like the concept to have beans just enough for 2-3 days for those 120g machines but I am lazy to bring them out so I roast 3-4 batch at a time to last me a week.

no cleaning at all, there is always oil from the beans that would stick to chamber isn't it? at least on my cheap nesco I can see that and would have to clean. nesco needs rest time or it will break and it does not support 220V.

another competitor http://kelvinroaster.com/ coming to kickstarter to https://www.kickstarter.com/project...your-own-kitchen-with-the-power?ref=discovery coming up. almost same price pt doing same 120g.
 
Last edited:

DriftKing

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2005
Messages
2,470
Reaction score
438
^^ Technically there are a refined version of a popcorn maker roaster.

No frill, and only time adjustable variable. Not bad tbh for its simplicity. But I would expect the variable switch wouldnt work consistently with different beans. Each beans react and exp first crack and second crack (darker roast) at different time.

Would require alot of trial and error for doing different beans.


Now.. where can we start importing different green beans to try :D
 

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2006
Messages
46,347
Reaction score
15,786
My office and home use up about 1.5kg a week. Also considered a roaster then found out that the greens are not that cheap. Not sure if the quality is good too.

Also read that the toxic fumes released during roasting is extremely damaging to the lungs. Won't want to risk that.

It should be a challenge to figure out what roast is good for what beans as the size and character of each bean is different. By the time you figure out for that particular bean you bought, you would had wasted alot. Think leave the roasting to the experts.

Btw that guy on the kickstarter don't think resting of freshly roasted coffee necessary? :o
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top