(GPGT)Espresso machine hoot

genie47

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
27,508
Reaction score
47
shyly ask shoo shoo where u buy ?

Carousell loh! Both of them are used and a lot of people give them up for a lot of reasons. I found out that you can easily get the seals and brew head spares online easily.

Washing soda can get from Cold Storage. I found it usually in the more atas areas like Holland V, Sime Darby Centre etc.

Repair/service kit can get from eBay. Usually from this seller in Bulgaria.

EDIT: Repair kits on eBay.

For Gaggia/Saeco
https://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/GAGGIA-...394443?hash=item4b29890b8b:g:WsoAAOxyRNJSgMFz

Delonghi kits too expensive and they sell buckets of seals like they will die constantly. So if you need only one, Coffee Genius from Canada is a good option.

Delonghi kit.
https://the-coffeegenius.myshopify....s/delonghi-brew-unit-kit?variant=104282226698

Gaggia/Saeco kit.
https://the-coffeegenius.myshopify....ducts/saeco-brew-unit-kit?variant=49186949962
 
Last edited:

genie47

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
27,508
Reaction score
47
Servicing videos from Youtube.

Gaggia Titanium or any Gaggia/Saeco superauto brew unit servicing/cleaning.





Delonghi superauto brew unit servicing/cleaning.

 

seianko

Suspended
Joined
Jan 14, 2004
Messages
74,705
Reaction score
43
i saw that sg dun sell them, click a few common countries and founds out that USA sell the cheapest but i dun go USA :(
 
Joined
May 11, 2017
Messages
62,291
Reaction score
11,756
LOL! Been a while since I came in and saw this old post. By the way, fcc had a demo area for you to see and feel some of the machines. But you need to make appointment for it. That was in 2015 when I bought from them.

That's the sian part. Now house reno if got time I want to squeeze some time to go there
 

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2006
Messages
46,347
Reaction score
15,786
It's better that you try and feel the different machines imo.

Back then, before I tried, I thought my decision was the Brewtus or Mitica, Rocket R58, the E61 groupheads because that's all I read online.

In the end i got the BZ13 for office and Strega for home. :o
 

sohzai

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2007
Messages
1,066
Reaction score
1
It's better that you try and feel the different machines imo.

Back then, before I tried, I thought my decision was the Brewtus or Mitica, Rocket R58, the E61 groupheads because that's all I read online.

In the end i got the BZ13 for office and Strega for home. :o

Agree with tester. I went to look at most of what I listed too before deciding on mitica. Not all get to try much. But Vibiemme and rocket I think can try. Better check with the shops.
 

sohzai

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2007
Messages
1,066
Reaction score
1
That's the sian part. Now house reno if got time I want to squeeze some time to go there

By the way, if you want plumb in models, might want to plan it with your renovation. But the models tend to be the slightly more expensive ones.
 

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2006
Messages
46,347
Reaction score
15,786
If plumb in, still need to connect a water softener.
Think can buy from taobao, not sure if it works though. :o
 
Joined
May 11, 2017
Messages
62,291
Reaction score
11,756
Actually can afford the stega la but not sure if it's needed since 2 person and also not sure can't differentiate the taste or not. HX no need PID like Silvia hor

It's better that you try and feel the different machines imo.

Back then, before I tried, I thought my decision was the Brewtus or Mitica, Rocket R58, the E61 groupheads because that's all I read online.

In the end i got the BZ13 for office and Strega for home. :o
 

chikyblink

Master Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2005
Messages
2,977
Reaction score
4
For home HX machines if there's no pid or temperature reading it's all guesswork. You may need to learn the flush timings and they differ from machines to machines. But it's fine if you can keep the flush timings consistent.
For E61 groupheads you can install Eric's thermometer for temp readouts at the grouphead. Incredibly useful.
Highlander allows you to test out their machines. Just call and make an appointment with them.

Sent from Samsung SM-N910G using GAGT
 
Joined
May 11, 2017
Messages
62,291
Reaction score
11,756
How difficult to catch the timing ? I'm using Silvia with PID now.

Is it like flushed then wait 10s then can start to use? Without PID is it a big con no biggy?

For home HX machines if there's no pid or temperature reading it's all guesswork. You may need to learn the flush timings and they differ from machines to machines. But it's fine if you can keep the flush timings consistent.
For E61 groupheads you can install Eric's thermometer for temp readouts at the grouphead. Incredibly useful.
Highlander allows you to test out their machines. Just call and make an appointment with them.

Sent from Samsung SM-N910G using GAGT
 

chikyblink

Master Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2005
Messages
2,977
Reaction score
4
How difficult to catch the timing ? I'm using Silvia with PID now.

Is it like flushed then wait 10s then can start to use? Without PID is it a big con no biggy?


As I've said it's not a big deal. As long as you stick with a flush routine and keep it consistent.

For my HX I usually flush till the steam and hiss is gone then continue flushing for another 8secs or so. Then wait 10secs b4 locking in and pulling the shot immediately. On my Eric's thermometer it'll read about 97degrees when I stop flushing, continue going down to 94degrees while I wait 10secs. When pulling the shot it'll rise up to about 97degrees again, staying there for 3secs b4 slowing decreasing.
I aim for 97degrees most of the time, which is the temperature of the water passing through the grouphead. Compensating for temperature lost when exiting the filter screen, which is about 95degrees when the water hits the puck.
For darker/fresher roasts, I aim for 95-96 degrees on the thermometer. For lighter/stale beans I aim for 98degrees.

Sent from Samsung SM-N910G using GAGT
 

testerjp

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2006
Messages
46,347
Reaction score
15,786
I only use 90 degrees on my office's bz13.

From the Institute for Italiano espresso, the water exiting from the grouphead should be 88°C ± 2°C.
http://www.espressoitaliano.org/files/File/istituzionale_inei_hq_en.pdf

Maybe only apply for medium to dark roast.

Anyway, I also flush a bit for about 2 - 5 seconds depending on how much steam is coming out. If you left it idling longer, then of course there will be more. If back to back make a few cups, can say almost no need to flush at all.

In real life, my 20 staffs and I can't tell much difference. I don't feel any noticeable difference without PID on my home Strega. Even if there are changes, I think it's more to do with the coffee oxidising. :o
 

kangie

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2003
Messages
2,214
Reaction score
0
hi all. can anyone recommend me a place to buy espresso cups with measurements (preferably in ml measurement). also general 6oz 7oz latte cups. ideally a brick n mortar store. thanks in advance!!
 
Last edited:

sseah12

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2013
Messages
524
Reaction score
10
Hi all... is chikyblink still around? anyone who had tried ordering espresso machines from espressocoffeesho.com or elektros.it? care to share experience? had already read thru this thread... seems like only chiky n kathryn are aware..
 

chikyblink

Master Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2005
Messages
2,977
Reaction score
4
Hi all... is chikyblink still around? anyone who had tried ordering espresso machines from espressocoffeesho.com or elektros.it? care to share experience? had already read thru this thread... seems like only chiky n kathryn are aware..

hello, unfortunately I have no experience ordering from those 2 sites. Mine's bought locally.
Do note that while you may save some money doing so, servicing these machines will be a problem unless you diy.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top