(GPGT)Espresso machine hoot

chikyblink

Master Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2005
Messages
2,977
Reaction score
4
:s13::s13: actually ur Lelita frightnened me.

Nothing much about Bezzera BB005 on the MO , I like the 250g hob + SSteel finish but worried about cleaning up and the left over inside very very little information on google.

Besides I have access to vaccum pack machines at work place.

The Lelit actually produces a very decent grind quality. Just that it's lack of a timer and the retention bothers me a lot. it's got many good reviews and cheap too that's why I bought it.
 

sky00sky

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
34,419
Reaction score
2,266
The Lelit actually produces a very decent grind quality. Just that it's lack of a timer and the retention bothers me a lot. it's got many good reviews and cheap too that's why I bought it.

I am worried bout retention also that's why probably wont have the comfort to clear it everytime day in day out once a week probably.
 

IntelFlash

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2000
Messages
12,966
Reaction score
20
Hm.. I think I should rephrase again bah

Some machines say the have 58mm propritery group head
Vs a normal e61

Is it just fanciful innovation which makes parts and accessories limited to own branding type of things?
58mm is just the size.

E61 is a normal commercial grouphead. That is one of the more commonly used standards and it was developed like half a century ago.

Now there's already other systems, example La Marzocco's GS 3 is also 58mm on their own system. Some to make it faster, some to add features like pressure profiling, pre infusion, etc.

Talking about new features, it's another question the new features are useful. I read some articles, that most baristas don't really use features like pressure profiling properly or even bother using them later. Just a showpiece for their cafe.

Anyway asking here is no point, cause most of the guys here own only one machine or one grinder.
There's so many variations out there and it's all assumption which is better or judging from the price tags. Or mostly read from other forums.
 

IntelFlash

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2000
Messages
12,966
Reaction score
20
I am worried bout retention also that's why probably wont have the comfort to clear it everytime day in day out once a week probably.
All grinders will surely retain, the burrs sure have the powder trapped inside.

If you want to disassemble and clean every week. It's really :s22:
You probably need to caliberate your grinder again.
 

sky00sky

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2007
Messages
34,419
Reaction score
2,266
All grinders will surely retain, the burrs sure have the powder trapped inside.

If you want to disassemble and clean every week. It's really :s22:
You probably need to caliberate your grinder again.

not as in dismantle the whole thing, but some general maintenance.

@Intel
what grinder u using? What is the usual routine .
(as in before u dose, till u switch it off for the day)
 

chikyblink

Master Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2005
Messages
2,977
Reaction score
4
I am worried bout retention also that's why probably wont have the comfort to clear it everytime day in day out once a week probably.

Afaik, the Baratza vario/forte has the least amount of retention for electric grinders. You might wanna consider those.
 

Lazy_Tiger

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2002
Messages
1,010
Reaction score
21
Hm.. I think I should rephrase again bah

Some machines say the have 58mm propritery group head
Vs a normal e61

Is it just fanciful innovation which makes parts and accessories limited to own branding type of things?







*did some back reading and saw this...Thnx.i think this is probably what I look for.

Yup so there are some differences between machines. E61 uses a thermosiphon to constantly cycle water from the boiler to the group and back again. In a way if the temp in your boiler is fairly consistent, the air in your environment is fairly consistent temperature stability should be very good at idle.

Contrast this to using an active heating element to heat up the group head. I'm not too sure how the various non-e61 machines do it but if the heating element is controlled by a simple contact thermostat u can be assured there will be swings in temperature at the group head because of a wide dead band in such thermostats. Others like a silvia just use residual heat from the boiler to heat the group head and portafilter.

The jury is out on whether this translates into a better or poorer cups or inconsistency between cups. Thats why I espouse getting pid controlled ones to beat this inconsistency or if you are anal like me. Can be frustrating when u are trying to dial in a specific flavour profile.

I could be wrong but I don't think bezzerra proprietary group heads have the progressive infusion u see in e61 that is obtained by using the spring in the pre infusion chamber to absorb the initial full 9 bar of pump pressure and this translates into a gentle ramp up of pressure at the puck. At most they can do some kind of "electronic pre infusion" or a short wetting of the puck, cutting of the pump, allow the wet puck to swell up and absorb that small bit of water and then restarting the pump again to get the extraction. I think the musica does this but I could be wrong. Not much info on the musica. A modded silvia can do this too.

So like what I always said there are differences between the machines whether those difference are important to you its ultimately up to you to test out, experience and decide.
 

derazor

Banned
Joined
May 19, 2011
Messages
28,105
Reaction score
3
Coffee - OZ

Since still FOC shipping, might want to try once my current coffee runs out.

Should I try Roadster?

If I need to coffee next week, when would be a good time to order? What is their ETA once payment is done?

Thanks.
 

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2006
Messages
23,202
Reaction score
80
Last week hoot
1zxl0td.jpg
 

Lazy_Tiger

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2002
Messages
1,010
Reaction score
21
Just sharing some deals. The gaggia classic and grinder can be had for only $880 at taka now. 22-25 May
fA3VHIS.jpg
 

Webbyboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2001
Messages
21,792
Reaction score
4
just switched to highlander beans, its very good even on a superauto machine. :D
 

derazor

Banned
Joined
May 19, 2011
Messages
28,105
Reaction score
3
just switched to highlander beans, its very good even on a superauto machine. :D

highlander cheap and average I guess. For that type of price and if you're using it to make cafe latte, nothing to complain since the milk will mask all over roasting, imho.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top