
I tried with pan roasting, seem to work.
Taste actually quite decent.![]()
Old school manual roasting is very fun actually, can see how the green bean changes over time. I have this little contraption which lets me roast about 30-40g over a portable gas burner:
![]()
Only problem is it takes a lot of time and effort to roast enough to last a week's consumption![]()

Hey gurus,
I'm on the look out for a small single boiler espresso machine. I only drink black so won't bother with the steam wand and stuff… I will only pull about 1 or 2 espressos at a time.
Been looking at Miss Silvia or the Bezzera BZ09 so far...
Any tips, advice or lobangs much appreciated!![]()
whats your budget? Rancilio and Bezzera price pretty wide apart iirc.
even U drink espresso U still need a grinder. U have one?

I think there's alot of people trying to dump their single boilers in the second hand market.
I'll put the Bezzera Unica which has a PID in the consideration list too. Many upgrade their Silvia with PID which cost few hundred bucks to stabilise it due to its small boiler and high fluctuation. Besides stabilising, of course you can control the temperature.
Last time could get monin from starbucks, call and ask.guys any one got any idea where to buy vanilla syrup in sg? went to fairprice, cold storage, nowhere to be found
Sent from the inside of Bezzerra BZ13 using GAGT
45mins is for double boilers or big boilers bro.
I don't know, give or take 15 mins should be around there to heat up nicely for such 500ml boiler.
You mentioned consistency, then the bigger boiler and pid should help. Seeing some numbers on the PID may give some confidence too.
Silvia's 300ml imo is probably just on the line to flush and make 2 cups then 5 x backflush for cleaning.
Got myself a Rocket Appartamento during the June coffee festival and currently on a non-stop daily practice of espresso making. I don't think I own a decent grinder for espresso based drink, as I am currently rocking on a Baratza Virtuoso. I am currently on a lookout of a decent grinder that can go well with my entry-level Appartamento. Anyone can recommend me a good grinder that is suitable for house use, but hopefully does not take up much space (that's one of the reasons I go with the Appartamento, due to space constraint.), and hopefully with minimal powder retention.
Thanks first.![]()