(GPGT)Espresso machine hoot

qwe7410

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2003
Messages
1,457
Reaction score
0
58mm normal standard lor.

My basket there write 7 grams but i think can put more if want
 

qwe7410

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2003
Messages
1,457
Reaction score
0
9 grams is a lot easier to pull.
7 grams is pretty challenging.

how much you guys put for double?

Using double filter 14 grams for a single shot is damn thick and strong, quite like it.
 

Lazy_Tiger

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2002
Messages
1,010
Reaction score
21
9 grams is a lot easier to pull.
7 grams is pretty challenging.

how much you guys put for double?

Using double filter 14 grams for a single shot is damn thick and strong, quite like it.

15, 18 or 22g depending on the vst basket I decide to use depending on the coffee. For dark roasted I use 15g and a low temp of 90 degrees. For lighter roasters I use the 18 or 22g one and a temp of 95 degrees. But this is just a rule of thumb. There were some light roasted ones I much prefer with a lower dose.
 

qwe7410

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2003
Messages
1,457
Reaction score
0
I always pull double ristrettos now. 18gm dose yielding 24gm-26gm. I've never use the single basket b4.

Sent from GAGT Android App
I was using 15 grams for 1 shot.
Two cups is equals to 6 cups of the usual Nespresso. I think there's too much caffeine in there, normally feel a little nauseous after taking two cups.


I just tried using 15 grams for 2 cups, i find it's a lot more smoother and there's a nice scent of berry notes i didn't noticed earlier.
So i'm figuring out how to use the single filter to cut the dose.
Only had better success so far with 9 grams.
 
Last edited:

derazor

Banned
Joined
May 19, 2011
Messages
28,105
Reaction score
3
Using vst 18gm for my latte with the largest acme cup I bought from papa. I do warm the cup using the purged water while I take my bread. After that just nice.

Sometimes I feel even though my latte is higher volume than espresso but effort is abit too much even though I'm used to it every morning now.
 

Lazy_Tiger

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2002
Messages
1,010
Reaction score
21
I just tried using 15 grams for 2 cups, i find it's a lot more smoother and there's a nice scent of berry notes i didn't noticed earlier.
So i'm figuring out how to use the single filter to cut the dose.
Only had better success so far with 9 grams.

I grind even finer for a single filter basket to get a acceptable flow rate but I rarely try to make these because distribution is not easy.

What beans do you use now? Maybe try strangers reunion chakra, is a soft comfort food espresso with enough complexity in the aroma to make it interesting. You could try drinking regularly at one particular time of the day everyday and you'll build a tolerance to the caffeine high eventually.
 

dibromoethene

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2001
Messages
521
Reaction score
6
its just $400, hard earn money is a bit strong. mooncakes today is close to $100. $400 vs $2-3K.

Scanomat has alot of product they are fully automated too.
this is like usd$11K. for this price this can do over 300 cups a day easy. the compact does 323 cups and its reads 2 stars, that is 4 star more like 600 cups a day easy! Artist is home use, say avg 6 cups a day?
TopBrewer, app-controlled coffee beverage tap for $11,000 - Blue Sky Innovation
TopBrew1.gif

Personally, I find that the problem is exactly because it's way too cheap. Even the most basic mass produced thermoblock machines go for 2-300 dollars.

The Arist includes an adjustable burr grinder. Then there's going to be multiple sets of circuitry, mechanisms and motors for adjusting the grind, dose and pressure thru the app. I can't imagine how they manage to keep the price at $400...

Somemore, their website has no contact numbers or address apart from a facebook page and an email address. All the "media links" are just pictures without links to actual articles.

Then there's wifi, nfc,milk chiller and dispenser. And it also comes with free international shipping.

Can make money lidat meh?
 
Last edited:

patryn33

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2006
Messages
23,202
Reaction score
80
Personally, I find that the problem is exactly because it's way too cheap. Even the most basic mass produced thermoblock machines go for 2-300 dollars.

The Arist includes an adjustable burr grinder. Then there's going to be multiple sets of circuitry, mechanisms and motors for adjusting the grind, dose and pressure thru the app. I can't imagine how they manage to keep the price at $400...

Somemore, their website has no contact numbers or address apart from a facebook page and an email address. All the "media links" are just pictures without links to actual articles.

Then there's wifi, nfc,milk chiller and dispenser. And it also comes with free international shipping.

Can make money lidat meh?

they removed the shipping cost.

well, its kickstarter project. May not be all about making money.
most basic mass product stuff has alot of overhead too, logistic stuff and marketing, etc

just look at a mechanical watch going for $3K, according to some report I saw on watchtime the profit on those is like 80-90% of their selling price to distributor! when distributor sell it to say Hour glass there is another mark up.

even with Audio equipment like speakers, employee can get them at > 70% discount off retail and companies can still make a profit.

lets go low tech like Tires, employees can get them at >70% discount and see a profit.

the mark up around us is insane.

website with no contacts etc, its normal for many new kickstarter programs. U have to get yours thru kickstarter and there are some rules on kickstarter. if U fear faud walk away, its just $400 not a whole lot of money to sweat over. or U could message the team asking them for sources. All HK sites, u have to google in chinese.. or cantonese.

http://www.cnet.com/products/arist-coffee-machine/
http://techcrunch.com/2014/10/28/arist/
 
Last edited:

derazor

Banned
Joined
May 19, 2011
Messages
28,105
Reaction score
3
Guys any place that can get coffee in more convenient manner. Location ( near mrt ) and late closing time.

Papa, Toby's, nylon and highlander closes very early. Can't pick them after work
 

Lazy_Tiger

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2002
Messages
1,010
Reaction score
21
Guys any place that can get coffee in more convenient manner. Location ( near mrt ) and late closing time.

Papa, Toby's, nylon and highlander closes very early. Can't pick them after work

strangers reunion closes quite late. But best to call them to check if they have stocks. Near outram mrt.
 

qwe7410

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2003
Messages
1,457
Reaction score
0
How you guys differ between frothing for cappuccino and latte?

For me, i dip the wand deeper in straight for latte so there's very little foam.

For cappuccino, i put at the surface of the milk and let it mushroom up.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top