GTX980...... A Bit Dissapointing....

Status
Not open for further replies.

morgankell

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2000
Messages
840
Reaction score
1
The 970 looks like an excellent buy... excellent cost performance ratio. Will beat all non x2 previous gen gpus once overclocked. And it is a beast for overclocking.

Why the hate?
 

maxsony

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
2,122
Reaction score
0
In terms of power efficiency, Maxwell is a beast as it manages to do a heck of a lot more work with less cores. The GTX 750 Ti hinted at this back in February, but we never expected that a 2048 core version of Maxwell could wipe the floor with 2880 core Kepler GPU so hard, up to 20% in some cases.

Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 & GeForce GTX 970 Review > Wrap Up: What to Buy? - TechSpot

I think in the current or in fact future advance graphic technology world they are finding way to keep the heat and power consumption as low as possible yet able to achieve the same standard performance or greater out of these technology.

NO point achieving higher clock speed and performance yet unable to keep the card power efficiency... just saying.. just like amd 290x .. no doubt SUPER good performance .. yet their ref cooler were not able to keep up the temp and cool it well. still need to wait for non-ref to be release.
 
Last edited:

X-powerman

Banned
Joined
Aug 12, 2014
Messages
411
Reaction score
0
Just sell current and buy new one? not difficult mah..

Yeah, I am thinking of sell to get 4 x 390x next year. No way in hell will I ever buy nfukdia...... If there are only nfukdia cards on this planet, I will use Intel HD graphics or AMD APU.
 

X-powerman

Banned
Joined
Aug 12, 2014
Messages
411
Reaction score
0
Btw, those who have a problem can feel free to start their own thread. Don't need to post in my thread....... I am not forcing anyone of post here.....
 

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2003
Messages
25,669
Reaction score
2,123
I don't really agree why GTX980 is disappointing to be honest. On the same 28nm, I think this is already looking quite good. Of course if you are already using say a GTX 780TI, this may not be a good upgrade. This new generation got affected due to delays in 20nm, so perhaps 20nm might bring about a better performing GPU.

For me, my ideal GPU should,
1) Consume less power, typically translates to lower heat as well
2) Offers good performance, i.e. runs all current games smoothly at decent settings
3) Reasonably priced

At least from what I see, GTX 980/970 ticks all these boxes.
 

X-powerman

Banned
Joined
Aug 12, 2014
Messages
411
Reaction score
0
5 pages in and TS still have not stated his reason for despising nfukdia

OK, then let me tell you how arrogant nfukdia fan boys are... They think just because they use nfukdia they are yaya papaya.

They think they are the best and they look down on those using ATI/AMD. They label ATI/AMD users as blind fanboys without looking at themselves in the mirror....

They like to say how superior nfukdia is compared to ATI/AMD and they like to ridicule others.

They love to say say nfukdia drivers are superior and super duper and ATI/AMD driver sucks/unstable/problematic. As if nfukdia is bug free and have no issues.....oh well.....

Now you should know why I despise them so much and why I will never ever use nfukdia in my life.....
 

Ark Law

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2013
Messages
11,578
Reaction score
540
OK, then let me tell you how arrogant nfukdia fan boys are... They think just because they use nfukdia they are yaya papaya.

They think they are the best and they look down on those using ATI/AMD. They label ATI/AMD users as blind fanboys without looking at themselves in the mirror....

They like to say how superior nfukdia is compared to ATI/AMD and they like to ridicule others.

They love to say say nfukdia drivers are superior and super duper and ATI/AMD driver sucks/unstable/problematic. As if nfukdia is bug free and have no issues.....oh well.....

Now you should know why I despise them so much and why I will never ever use nfukdia in my life.....

So you boycott brands on the basis of die hard supporters who use them rather than the actual merit of the brands' products?

dhMeAzK.gif
 

kouichi83

Junior Member
Joined
Sep 1, 2014
Messages
54
Reaction score
0
OK, then let me tell you how arrogant nfukdia fan boys are... They think just because they use nfukdia they are yaya papaya.

They think they are the best and they look down on those using ATI/AMD. They label ATI/AMD users as blind fanboys without looking at themselves in the mirror....

They like to say how superior nfukdia is compared to ATI/AMD and they like to ridicule others.

They love to say say nfukdia drivers are superior and super duper and ATI/AMD driver sucks/unstable/problematic. As if nfukdia is bug free and have no issues.....oh well.....

Now you should know why I despise them so much and why I will never ever use nfukdia in my life.....
Bro.. why are you so agitated? As if you own the company of AMD/ATI..everyone has their own preferences, so be it and chill! ;)
 

X-powerman

Banned
Joined
Aug 12, 2014
Messages
411
Reaction score
0
So you boycott brands on the basis of die hard supporters who use them rather than the actual merit of the brands' products?

dhMeAzK.gif

You can say that.

But even if you talk about merit, I see no benefits as well. There are no single GPU cards that could run at 4K resolution at 60FPS or above.

My purpose of having a super fast single GPU card is because some games still do not support SLI/CF (for some reason). Eg. World of tanks. When I am running WOT at 1080, its hitting 70-80FPS. Going 4K will slow down alot because the game does not support CF.
 

X-powerman

Banned
Joined
Aug 12, 2014
Messages
411
Reaction score
0
Bro.. why are you so agitated? As if you own the company of AMD/ATI..everyone has their own preferences, so be it and chill! ;)

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/88634683-post16.html

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/88634804-post17.html

Check out these 2 posts to see how arrogant nfukdia pple are.

GTX980 is not up to MY expectations because its only slightly faster than 780ti and 290x (I was expecting something like 50% gain) since its supposed to be next generation. I never say it sucks or its crap then suddenly someone come and post and say I am blind fanboy and I am trolling.....
 

Felfirez

Master Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2009
Messages
3,546
Reaction score
0
It's obvious you're trolling. You didn't list out your reasons. I can even say as far as you're trolling on your so-called 4-way xfire build. :s22: Ah well... Like they said, we shouldn't feed the trolls. :spin:
 

Op_Valkyrie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2009
Messages
13,167
Reaction score
1,309
It's obvious you're trolling. You didn't list out your reasons. I can even say as far as you're trolling on your so-called 4-way xfire build. :s22: Ah well... Like they said, we shouldn't feed the trolls. :spin:
I stop at when he said he expected 50% from 980... Lol... Let'see if 390x out less than 50% what he will bitch about...:D
 

X-powerman

Banned
Joined
Aug 12, 2014
Messages
411
Reaction score
0
It's obvious you're trolling. You didn't list out your reasons. I can even say as far as you're trolling on your so-called 4-way xfire build. :s22: Ah well... Like they said, we shouldn't feed the trolls. :spin:

Then why are you posting in my thread?
 

X-powerman

Banned
Joined
Aug 12, 2014
Messages
411
Reaction score
0
I stop at when he said he expected 50% from 980... Lol... Let'see if 390x out less than 50% what he will bitch about...:D

Whatever, just GTFO.......

Not happy just ignore me, ask mod ban me...... I don't care. I never force you all to post in my thread.
 

Op_Valkyrie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 9, 2009
Messages
13,167
Reaction score
1,309
Whatever, just GTFO.......

Not happy just ignore me, ask mod ban me...... I don't care. I never force you all to post in my thread.
Lol.... Cos seeing ur replies make our ego grow bigger... Wahaha...

Ask mod lock ur tread sua...WOB...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top