Honor Magic 8 Series

Rubick

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2011
Messages
34,943
Reaction score
2,322
Yep still have but not sure until when or how many they have. Only worth if have XM5.
I meant the 1225 price haha. I see shopee no more the voucher cant jio my fren hoot haha
 

iichigoz

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2008
Messages
707
Reaction score
34
If your usage is like that, then OP15 & Magic 8 Pro will be more suitable for you.

Vivo the speakers like no power when you watch Netflix. OP15 is good and M8 Pro got the best speakers.

The Honor M8 Pro also is the lightest among the 3 phones. Easier gripping and using it one handed.
Thanks for your input. I'll most likely go for the honor.
 

Bweebweee

Master Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2019
Messages
2,921
Reaction score
1,451
my 2cents, from comparing the 3 apple store photos is that X300p's processing in alot of ppl's eyes it probably looks the best, but i see its the most agressive towards sharpen+contrast, and shifting towards a cooler tone, and the leaves on the top right loses alot of detail being to being too contrasty. X9 Pro is the middle ground and maybe a bit towards the warm side, while M8P although looks the most "plain" but it also means the processing is the minimum and the most natural. But that alone will probably deter ppl away from liking it coz it looks too flat.

That's surprising. From the many YouTube review videos that compare these 3 phones in camera, my impression was that honor does the most sharpening and contrast, especially for human faces. Honor ones look like the faces are superimposed, which is something I don't like. But I get where you're coming from about the plain, because honor pictures like generally brighter than the other two, making it look more pastel(?). Guess collabs with camera brands do make a difference.
 

tkte_85

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 26, 2001
Messages
7,049
Reaction score
2,293
That's surprising. From the many YouTube review videos that compare these 3 phones in camera, my impression was that honor does the most sharpening and contrast, especially for human faces. Honor ones look like the faces are superimposed, which is something I don't like. But I get where you're coming from about the plain, because honor pictures like generally brighter than the other two, making it look more pastel(?). Guess collabs with camera brands do make a difference.
Wat I feel is ah, all 3 brands (in fact I feel is all cn brands) implement some sort of face beautify mode no matter what, so when u said superimposed faces, I feel it applies to all cn brand phones to a certain extent.

For YouTubers, I have a feeling alot of them receive their phones with pre-production firmware coz they receive at least 2 weeks to 1+ months in advance, and ours being retail firmware (of course, or at least there's most probably a day 1 update to retail firmware). I can't say for sure what e firmware is based on, but my guess would be probably a mixture of more cn features with gms as base, thou it still shld be 80-90% implemented in e official global fw. This is based on what I noticed when i was able to review some OnePlus phones this year. And during oppo find x8 pro launch, I heard from ppl here in hwz is that the demo units actually produce better photos being in older/demo firmware compared to retail units shooting the same thing(hence I say the processing is the difference here)

Then for honor being the "flattest", I am of course referring to the 3 apple store photos here to compare. I cannot say for human face processing coz they are not the focus here. Framing aside, I am just looking at how the final image that's produced, and what I see is that vivo one is way more processed than the other 2, oppo in e middle and honor look the least. And honor is actually using e previous gen sensor used in x200pro, hence my saying that the processing is the difference here. It's the same observation when I compared my x200p and mi15 ultra hp9 sensor photo shooting at the same area, vivo looks more "pleasing" and more legible word, while mi15u is still blurry after multiple tries, but ppl have commented that e mi15u still looked better overall. And the processing thing also carried on to OnePlus 15 this year where theres no more "haidilao" Collab, and I noticed that op15 photos are much less contrasty and flatter compared to op13. Ppl argue is the sensor "downgrade", but I have used the said imx906 sensor phone 2x in the past before (realme gt7pro and z60ultra leading, AND it's used in magic v5 too, are the photos bad?) and can safely say it's a good sensor still, but the photos that come out from op15 is flatter hence ppl are saying it's bad..
 

Rubick

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2011
Messages
34,943
Reaction score
2,322
I'm still here. Excellence bro is gone le. He go X9 Pro already. How you feel the phone so far? @Rubick
With new owner Liao hahaha.
my wifey prefer the iPhone picture over the m8p.
so no point for me to keep it.
must wait for x300u liao
 

shager

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
4,174
Reaction score
695
I'm still holding on to the 3. The Honor is fine for me so far. I'm fact became my daily driver...lol... Since it's the newest.
 

kashix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2007
Messages
14,425
Reaction score
4,161
So in the end, everyone stays with the X9 pro?

I'm still holding on to the 3. The Honor is fine for me so far. I'm fact became my daily driver...lol... Since it's the newest.
I’m using it as my main Android phone now, the speakers, the display and the face unlock is good. The battery also solid.
 

shager

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
4,174
Reaction score
695
I’m using it as my main Android phone now, the speakers, the display and the face unlock is good. The battery also solid.
Indeed, agreed. The battery seems the best of the three phones.
 

Bweebweee

Master Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2019
Messages
2,921
Reaction score
1,451
Indeed, agreed. The battery seems the best of the three phones.
Really? I would have thought it was the oppo based on reviews, and how dimensity is less power hungry. But honor is famous for being very aggressive in killing background tasks, so that's probably the reason.

I got help family buy the oppo so of course, I go use it for awhile. I think only the UI is a noticeable improvement. ColorOS is more user friendly imo, like magicOS can fulfill all my needs, just that I need to actually search for it, while colorOS makes it clearer.

But I too used to 3d face unlock now, gonna take awhile to get used to it if my next phone don't have it.
 

iichigoz

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2008
Messages
707
Reaction score
34
I have to admit the speakers are really good and as compared to my s24ultra, the qr scan is faster and I don't face any errors while doing paywave. Haha
 

Rubick

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 1, 2011
Messages
34,943
Reaction score
2,322
I’m using it as my main Android phone now, the speakers, the display and the face unlock is good. The battery also solid.
Yes the battery life way better than my 17pm. Was using both side by side on 50/50 usage doing same thing
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top