Huawei Matebook X Pro

LIN_JOEL

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 4, 2001
Messages
6,092
Reaction score
663
What good is it when you can't use it with a mouse or trackpad? You will tired your hand moving around a big screen. Furthermore, no headphone jack. if you add it up with the keyboard and the pen, it is so expensive.

I need something that is portability, can watch movies and some simple excel work over the weekend out of house.

Happens to see good reviews for matebook, so got it after considering to sell my rig.

No regrets getting it, just that iPad is lighter :s13:
 

lamtw22

Member
Joined
Mar 16, 2007
Messages
337
Reaction score
0
I need something that is portability, can watch movies and some simple excel work over the weekend out of house.

Happens to see good reviews for matebook, so got it after considering to sell my rig.

No regrets getting it, just that iPad is lighter :s13:

For light laptop, both LG Gram 13 or 14 are less than 1 kg and with long battery life. iPad Pro 12.9 with the keyboard would probably exceed 1 kg.
 

trenzterra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2002
Messages
20,628
Reaction score
516
This is the smallest and lightest charger for USB-C 60w laptop and can charge mobile phone and tablets as well.

https://www.hachi.tech/accessories-...-60w-usb-c-laptop-adapter-intl--4710901739935

Otherwise, I think the Xiaomi 65W is the cheapest charger:

https://www.qoo10.sg/item/ORIGINAL-...UTPUT-TYPE-C-PORT/620128985?banner_no=1305330

The Xiaomi 2 pin doesn't have the "holes" you usually see in the flat 2 pin plugs. So doesn't really plug in very securely.

I am using this: https://www.hachi.tech/product/5055517351904/mazer-energ-m-egtravel-262c-65w-usb-c-pd-30-quick-charger

Has an extra qc3.0 port too. Do note that pd is only at 60w though.
 

LIN_JOEL

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 4, 2001
Messages
6,092
Reaction score
663

suxalot

Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2016
Messages
202
Reaction score
0

Ash

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
1,514
Reaction score
1
Hi, can share where you guys order your hwmpx? Am looking for the amd version
 

suxalot

Member
Joined
Apr 10, 2016
Messages
202
Reaction score
0
Hi, can share where you guys order your hwmpx? Am looking for the amd version

Is there an AMD version? I think you're referring to the Matebook D? I pre-ordered mine via Lazada Malaysia with the help of my friend.
 

nachocheese

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2010
Messages
9,699
Reaction score
163
No disrespect just sharing what I observed at Tech Show

https://images.hardwarezone.com/gallery/thumbs/0/sg/2018/the-tech-show/lenovo-8.jpg
Lenovo Yoga S730 can be had for $1,799.
Whiskey Lake i7+ 16gb + 512SSD + Local warranty ( "Cons : 13.3” FHD -16:9 as opposed to Huawei's)
Im also monitoring hwmxp and newer offering with whiskey lake.

The lack of warranty with high usd exchange rate combination is a show stopper for me.

Will definitely buy the matebook if it is at 1200usd range like the ms promo earlier.

Btw, the lenovo brochure shows 1999. 1799 is the onsite rate?
 
Joined
May 11, 2017
Messages
62,291
Reaction score
11,756
Im also monitoring hwmxp and newer offering with whiskey lake.

The lack of warranty with high usd exchange rate combination is a show stopper for me.

Will definitely buy the matebook if it is at 1200usd range like the ms promo earlier.

Btw, the lenovo brochure shows 1999. 1799 is the onsite rate?

$1799 is onsite. Suspect sunday can go lower....not sure they will throw in more freebies or not....
 

nachocheese

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 4, 2010
Messages
9,699
Reaction score
163
Tb 8688rmb is base model i5 + 8gb/256.
i7 16gb/512 is 12988 for most tb stores. Still nt worth it
 
Last edited:

trenzterra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2002
Messages
20,628
Reaction score
516
Just wondering, does anyone know of a power delivery charger with 3 pin plug? Realised when I use my mazer charger on my laptop (not matebook X lol) I sometimes feel a bit of grounding current. Checked around and it seems normal for 2 pin
 

dingdung

Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2005
Messages
416
Reaction score
1
I use the three pin charger from my mbp 15 on both matebook x pro n mbp also will feel the current on both laptops.

Just wondering, does anyone know of a power delivery charger with 3 pin plug? Realised when I use my mazer charger on my laptop (not matebook X lol) I sometimes feel a bit of grounding current. Checked around and it seems normal for 2 pin
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top