Huawei P40 Series

nexusscion

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 19, 2002
Messages
1,583
Reaction score
59
I don't have a Samsung watch to test it. But as long u can install the Samsung apps on your Huawei phone, the pairing should work. As for Samsung pay, I think possibly might work if they don't use Google apps for authentication

Thanks I guessed as much for LINE. Weird though that HWZ app worked for 2 days before crashing permanently - no amount of resetting the phone would save it now.

I have not installed GMS due to security considerations, but am wondering if by installing GMS, I will be able to get Samsung Pay to work on my Gear S3 paired with Huawei P40 Pro. Any idea?
 

Computeron

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
19,945
Reaction score
1,720
I c.
Thx.
I only got nova launcher, SwiftKey n amp player - paid

You can transfer with phoneclone but it depends if those apps need gms to work to verify your license. If yes then ggwp, if not , then they will prob work
 

HeiMeiGui

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2014
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
Not for me i can't seems to use following apps

1) Singpass
2) TraceTogether
3) Carousell - No notifications

Seems like there are alot of apps that does not support local singapore market.

Can anyone share if they can access these apps?

1. Property Guru
2. 99
3. DBS Paylah
4. OCBC app
5. Citibank
6. SCB
7. Krisflyer
8. DBS/POSB
9. Singtel Dash
10. Favepay
11. Grab
12. Ryde
13. Comfort
14. Tada
15. Lazada
16. Shopee
17. Shopback
18. Ezbuy
19. Qoo10
20. Carousel
21. SGX
22. Whatsapp
23. Line.
24. Wechat
25. Telegram
26. Skype
27. Microsoft teams
28. Mcdonalds
29. KFC
30. Deliveroo
31. Food Panda
32. Wireless@SG
33. Tinder
34. CoffeeMeetsBagel
35. Skout
36. CNA
37. StraitsTime
Fill free to add on the list
 

Gadget_Maniac

Junior Member
Joined
May 9, 2017
Messages
84
Reaction score
13
Can you order one extra one for me? :s13:

I have tried the camera (i) without protector, and (ii) with an improvised HDPE plastic. With the plastic on, at first you won't realise any difference, but when you zoom in past 10x, the blurring effect of the plastic is very obvious. The narrower the field of view, the greater the perceived distortion I think because the plastic has fixed distortion per solid angle.

I am now waiting for my glass screen protector to arrive, will try it out but I believe there will be distortion at high zoom too. Picture here:

325caf19654e9cde35119c1da5f3c81c.jpg


As for casing, I am now using this, and fully satisfied with it. It raises the back of the phone off the table and your camera module will be just so slightly recessed:

751229545ea193ff55e1b5976a722dac.jpg


Both items above available on Lazada.
 

lorettatay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 10, 2001
Messages
12,657
Reaction score
240
I have tried the camera (i) without protector, and (ii) with an improvised HDPE plastic. With the plastic on, at first you won't realise any difference, but when you zoom in past 10x, the blurring effect of the plastic is very obvious. The narrower the field of view, the greater the perceived distortion I think because the plastic has fixed distortion per solid angle.

I am now waiting for my glass screen protector to arrive, will try it out but I believe there will be distortion at high zoom too. Picture here:

325caf19654e9cde35119c1da5f3c81c.jpg


As for casing, I am now using this, and fully satisfied with it. It raises the back of the phone off the table and your camera module will be just so slightly recessed:

751229545ea193ff55e1b5976a722dac.jpg


Both items above available on Lazada.
So best don't use glass on the lens?

Sent from Samsung SM-F900F using GAGT
 

Gadget_Maniac

Junior Member
Joined
May 9, 2017
Messages
84
Reaction score
13
I always try to put glass protector for cameras on my phones and I have to say , it doesn't affect photo quality one bit. Its better to put one now given the growing trend of protruding camera modules. It's only a few dollars compared to replacing a scratched camera lens so it's a no brainier for me



I now believe that there will be some difference at very high zoom, given the P40 Pro's power zoom.
 

Gadget_Maniac

Junior Member
Joined
May 9, 2017
Messages
84
Reaction score
13
Confirmed remarks in blue, using only APKPure and no GMS.

Seems like there are alot of apps that does not support local singapore market.

Can anyone share if they can access these apps?

1. Property Guru
2. 99
3. DBS Paylah
4. OCBC app
5. Citibank
6. SCB
7. Krisflyer
8. DBS/POSB - works
9. Singtel Dash
10. Favepay
11. Grab
12. Ryde - works
13. Comfort - works
14. Tada - works
15. Lazada - works
16. Shopee - works
17. Shopback
18. Ezbuy
19. Qoo10
20. Carousel - no notifications
21. SGX
22. Whatsapp - works
23. Line. - only the lite version works
24. Wechat
25. Telegram - works
26. Skype - works
27. Microsoft teams
28. Mcdonalds
29. KFC
30. Deliveroo
31. Food Panda
32. Wireless@SG
33. Tinder
34. CoffeeMeetsBagel
35. Skout
36. CNA
37. StraitsTime - works
Fill free to add on the list

I have given feedback to the TraceTogether team that it will be best if they roll it out on AppGallery. OTP doesn't work.

Samsung Gear S3 watch - I am still waiting for a solution that enables Samsung Pay, and not just allow pairing with watch.
 
Last edited:

Gadget_Maniac

Junior Member
Joined
May 9, 2017
Messages
84
Reaction score
13
So best don't use glass on the lens?

Sent from Samsung SM-F900F using GAGT
I have not tried yet, waiting for my glass lens protector to try to compare difference at high zoom. I believe there will be a marked difference only at high zoom. No glass protector seems okay, as long as you use a casing that raises the camera module off the table.
 

HeiMeiGui

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2014
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
Confirmed remarks in blue, using only APKPure and no GMS.



I have given feedback to the TraceTogether team that it will be best if they roll it out on AppGallery. OTP doesn't work.

Samsung Gear S3 watch - I am still waiting for a solution that enables Samsung Pay, and not just allow pairing with watch.

Thanks so much for the info! Hope more people can share which apps doesnt work as well.

I am still contemplating to get p40 a not. haha
 

bedlamite

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2002
Messages
1,977
Reaction score
51
As long as you have on a case that is thicker than the camera bump, I don't think you need a protector for the rear lens. My P30p lens has zero scratches.
 

grunt

Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2000
Messages
425
Reaction score
0
Confirmed remarks in blue, using only APKPure and no GMS.



I have given feedback to the TraceTogether team that it will be best if they roll it out on AppGallery. OTP doesn't work.

Samsung Gear S3 watch - I am still waiting for a solution that enables Samsung Pay, and not just allow pairing with watch.


GREAT! With the DBS App in, my usage cycle is complete! Lets hope App Gallery includes more local apps in time legitly!
 

grunt

Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2000
Messages
425
Reaction score
0
Got my P40Pro on monday, today is 5th day owning this phone. Battery is very good! Huawei still has one of the strongest battery life in the market. Reasonable price plus good specs and performance. Huawei FTW! :D

As with all new batteries, takes a few cycles to bed in, then solid liao!
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top