Huge decline in portfolio value

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Messages
28,341
Reaction score
2,460
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjADegQIBBAB&usg=AOvVaw2DxWaCmmxD3FBZcL97DxIY

Mt Austin has been frequently named as an affluent and desirable place to stay in JB. Lots of restaurents here, International school, Sunway college and shopping mall and IKea etc makes it stand out.


I hope he went into NUSA Idaman before.


true enough Nusa Idaman is cheaper compared to HH or Austin heights, but the whole Taman is no where near the standard of HH or Austin heights. :D
 

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Messages
28,341
Reaction score
2,460
Holidays no tuition right?


Every year during these 2 months, I am restless and tempted to seek fight on forum to make myself occupied with more meaningful or intellectual arguments. Though over the years, this desire has subsided quite a bit, but it is still here, deep in my heart.


That's why sometimes i suspect myself to be mentally ill or in common folks' term, am I a siao lang?:(
 

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Messages
28,341
Reaction score
2,460
stopping work to become full time investor? Sounds familiar. :s13:


Wakao I am at my prime age leh.....
At worst, I just go back to NUS, beg for them to allow me to work as a research student. My university result not bad, hope they will consider taking me in.
 

Tired&Weary

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2014
Messages
57
Reaction score
0
Chill lah, you 5 lot UMS drop already so xianz, I 120 lot UMS can go jump liao.

Buy for dividend then hold loh, but things are likely to worsen going into next year is my guess :s13:

Heng heng my AEM never disappoint me

Huge decline in total portfolio value:
Dbs : 30 drop to 22.87, around 24 % decline
Ums : 1.31 drop to 0.61, around 50 + % decline
First reit: 1.40 drop to 0.94, around 33 % decline

First reit drop 20 % these 2 days. What can I do? Any advice for me?

Ake1vGt.jpg
 

ocs_woodlands

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2011
Messages
9,541
Reaction score
923
I hope he went into NUSA Idaman before.


true enough Nusa Idaman is cheaper compared to HH or Austin heights, but the whole Taman is no where near the standard of HH or Austin heights. :D

My dear, of course there is a difference between a 600k property and a 900k+ property. The point is whether a G&G terrace house can be found at the first price range.

It will be ridiculous to compare a 3 room hdb flat price to a 5 room hdb price. But to say that a $300k HDB flat does not exist is altogether different....

And yes, I frequent Bukit indah area so I know what area Nusa idaman, Bestari Heights and etc are..

Anyway, I have derailed the thread - this is supposed to be your csb investment thread and you have got another set of fellows confronting you so should let you "enjoy them".

I should be going to property relates threads .
 

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Messages
28,341
Reaction score
2,460
Well, I was saying our original debate was on 500 k G&G not 600 k. :)
You auto adjust price up by 100 k. :)


My dear, of course there is a difference between a 600k property and a 900k+ property. The point is whether a G&G terrace house can be found at the first price range.

It will be ridiculous to compare a 3 room hdb flat price to a 5 room hdb price. But to say that a $300k HDB flat does not exist is altogether different....

And yes, I frequent Bukit indah area so I know what area Nusa idaman, Bestari Heights and etc are..

Anyway, I have derailed the thread - this is supposed to be your csb investment thread and you have got another set of fellows confronting you so should let you "enjoy them".

I should be going to property relates threads .
 

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Messages
28,341
Reaction score
2,460
What was your purchase price for that 120 lots, if you bought it long time ago, still have profit.
The dividend for this counter also very high.

Chill lah, you 5 lot UMS drop already so xianz, I 120 lot UMS can go jump liao.

Buy for dividend then hold loh, but things are likely to worsen going into next year is my guess :s13:

Heng heng my AEM never disappoint me
 

ocs_woodlands

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2011
Messages
9,541
Reaction score
923
Well, I was saying our original debate was on 500 k G&G not 600 k. :)
You auto adjust price up by 100 k. :)

I didn't want to reply in this thread already BUT I must admit I got baited :D

Ok lah... RM500k for you lah.. ASKING PRICE NEGOTIABLE..
c7beF4i.jpg


And remember, it's not to be compared with the sultan's istana, ok?

And I must resolve NOT to be baited to post here anymore...:D . The investing in Msia property thread is more appropriate....
 
Last edited:

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Messages
28,341
Reaction score
2,460
We are repeating our old debate again, this is the double storey terrace in flooded area and it is very far inside.

I didn't want to reply in this thread already BUT I must admit I got baited :D

Ok lah... RM500k for you lah.. ASKING PRICE NEGOTIABLE..
c7beF4i.jpg


And remember, it's not to be compared with the sultan's istana, ok?

And I must resolve NOT to be baited to post here anymore...:D . The investing in Msia property thread is more appropriate....
 

Tired&Weary

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2014
Messages
57
Reaction score
0
Nah bought it in July, threw in 100G and now worth 70G. Own fault anyway bought it for div based on someone recommendation despite the lack of safety. Will be more careful picking counters going forth.

What was your purchase price for that 120 lots, if you bought it long time ago, still have profit.
The dividend for this counter also very high.
 

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Messages
28,341
Reaction score
2,460
I bought it using interest earned from dbs multiplier account, damage not so high, but still feel the pain.

You never set cut loss price?

Nah bought it in July, threw in 100G and now worth 70G. Own fault anyway bought it for div based on someone recommendation despite the lack of safety. Will be more careful picking counters going forth.
 

klarklar

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2012
Messages
9,315
Reaction score
678
Hi yyhwin,

When did you exit the HSBC trade? What percentage did HSCB occupy in your portfolio?

If good timing, no need to worry about the decline.
 

klarklar

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2012
Messages
9,315
Reaction score
678
Huge decline in total portfolio value:
Dbs : 30 drop to 22.87, around 24 % decline
Ums : 1.31 drop to 0.61, around 50 + % decline
First reit: 1.40 drop to 0.94, around 33 % decline

First reit drop 20 % these 2 days. What can I do? Any advice for me?

Ake1vGt.jpg

Percentage drop is not scary as long as they are small positions. You did not reveal what percentage these positions occupy in your portfolio. IF want to discuss with forummers, you should reveal the percentages.
 

dork32

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2010
Messages
9,366
Reaction score
1,578
I bought it using interest earned from dbs multiplier account, damage not so high, but still feel the pain.

You never set cut loss price?

you paying yourself salary and cpf? i tot you self employed

multiplier no salary, got interest?

multiplier one month max interest $150. enuf to buy what shares?
 

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Messages
28,341
Reaction score
2,460
Huh? I thought you very smart. Hahaha.

you paying yourself salary and cpf? i tot you self employed

multiplier no salary, got interest?

multiplier one month max interest $150. enuf to buy what shares?
 

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Messages
28,341
Reaction score
2,460
Well, I sold almost all my other shares.
So you can say this is what is left in my portfolio(or partly left)


Percentage drop is not scary as long as they are small positions. You did not reveal what percentage these positions occupy in your portfolio. IF want to discuss with forummers, you should reveal the percentages.
 
Last edited:

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Messages
28,341
Reaction score
2,460
I sold almost all HK shares in June. Not sure good timing or not.

Hi yyhwin,

When did you exit the HSBC trade? What percentage did HSCB occupy in your portfolio?

If good timing, no need to worry about the decline.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top