Huge decline in portfolio value

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Messages
28,341
Reaction score
2,460
fe4E6u2.jpg


I am not like someone just like to act smart. I just gpgt. :)

​

not a matter of smart or not. it is to tell you not to come here and bull sheet.
 

touchring1

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 24, 2003
Messages
8,565
Reaction score
2,559
Percentage drop is not scary as long as they are small positions. You did not reveal what percentage these positions occupy in your portfolio. IF want to discuss with forummers, you should reveal the percentages.

Another blow cow cum suan thread in disguise. Later reveal only 0.5% of portfolio.
 

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Messages
28,341
Reaction score
2,460
Well, I have another interest Around 160 per month, and ownself top up around 200 -300 to make it 500 shares.

And I only buy in when I have no dividends received for that month.

Slowly accumulate.

I guess next you will say the commission rate very high... haha... I shared about this before, but too bad you are too smart. :)

wat shares can be bought with $146
 

klarklar

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2012
Messages
9,315
Reaction score
678
Well, I sold almost all my other shares.
So you can say this is what is left in my portfolio(or partly left)

If your portfolio is only 0.5% of your networth, it's nothing scary even if all the stocks drop 50%. You should reveal that percentage as well If you want to start a meaningful thread for discussion here.

Posted from PCWX using mobile
 

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Messages
28,341
Reaction score
2,460
I dunno how much is my networth actually.

Anyway, this thread is about that 3 stupid stocks in my portfolio keep dropping. :(

Ums , dbs and first reit

Especially that first reit, I bought 500 shares last month, thought I was very smart to bottom fish, then at the end, it dropped 20 over % in a few days. :(

If your portfolio is only 0.5% of your networth, it's nothing scary even if all the stocks drop 50%. You should reveal that percentage as well If you want to start a meaningful thread for discussion here.

Posted from PCWX using mobile
 
Last edited:

klarklar

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 8, 2012
Messages
9,315
Reaction score
678
I dunno how much is my networth actually.

Anyway, this thread is about that 3 stupid stocks in my portfolio keep dropping.
:(

Ums , dbs and first reit

Especially that first reit, I bought 500 shares last month, thought I was very smart to bottom fish, then at the end, it dropped 20 over % in few days.
:(

Read the earlier posts that losses are only 3k. Genuine people who wanted to console and give advice will feel this is a troll thread. You'll lose credit on this forum if you do this repeatedly.

Anyway, good to hear losses are small but stop wasting our time in future.

Posted from PCWX using mobile
 

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Messages
28,341
Reaction score
2,460
Read the earlier posts that losses are only 3k. Genuine people who wanted to console and give advice will feel this is a troll thread. You'll lose credit on this forum if you do this repeatedly.

Anyway, good to hear losses are small but stop wasting our time in future.

Posted from PCWX using mobile


Since when i said i need consolation?:vijayadmin::vijayadmin:


I was sharing what happened to my stock portfolio over these few months lor.....Especially that stupid UMS, dropped from a high of 1.3x to current low of 0.6.......:(
 

dork32

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2010
Messages
9,366
Reaction score
1,578
Read the earlier posts that losses are only 3k. Genuine people who wanted to console and give advice will feel this is a troll thread. You'll lose credit on this forum if you do this repeatedly.

Anyway, good to hear losses are small but stop wasting our time in future.

Posted from PCWX using mobile

since when this guy got any credit to lose here
 

dork32

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2010
Messages
9,366
Reaction score
1,578
Well, I have another interest Around 160 per month, and ownself top up around 200 -300 to make it 500 shares.

And I only buy in when I have no dividends received for that month.

Slowly accumulate.

I guess next you will say the commission rate very high... haha... I shared about this before, but too bad you are too smart. :)

so it is not all from dividend. it will make it more painful then. again part of your haolian tactics

with this pathetic portfolio, how much dividend can you get a month?
 

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Messages
28,341
Reaction score
2,460
No need to divert attention to something else. You just dunno and act smart.

so it is not all from dividend. it will make it more painful then. again part of your haolian tactics

with this pathetic portfolio, how much dividend can you get a month?
 

Tired&Weary

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2014
Messages
57
Reaction score
0
I bought for dividends to hold long term, I bought mainly on recommendation but should have saw the various cyclical danger signs which I neglected.

Anyway my approach now is limiting each counter holding to 5% of amount allotted to equity related investments so will to pare it down to match and leave it be.

I bought it using interest earned from dbs multiplier account, damage not so high, but still feel the pain.

You never set cut loss price?
 

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Messages
28,341
Reaction score
2,460
I bought for dividends to hold long term, I bought mainly on recommendation but should have saw the various cyclical danger signs which I neglected.

Anyway my approach now is limiting each counter holding to 5% of amount allotted to equity related investments so will to pare it down to match and leave it be.


This time round, Semicon sector was hammered down.


UMS has cut its last interim dividend, hopefully the next interim dividend will revert back to 1 cent.
 

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2006
Messages
28,341
Reaction score
2,460
I bought for dividends to hold long term, I bought mainly on recommendation but should have saw the various cyclical danger signs which I neglected.

Anyway my approach now is limiting each counter holding to 5% of amount allotted to equity related investments so will to pare it down to match and leave it be.


Last year i get 6 cents dividends in total, this year 5.5 cents.

s6k2Ne6.jpg
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top