iPhone 12 Series

icyflame

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,796
Reaction score
277
Ahhh okok thanks so muuch! So I think in terms of normal photo taking the iPhone pro should be enough ya.

I dont zoom alot. Not too sure what is the sensor shift benefit as well.

So you take a lot of night photos? If yes, PM is much better. Apple claims it takes in 87% more light due to the much larger sensor

But looking at the enhancements to the computational photography even for iPhone 12, I tend to agree that 12 Pro is good enough

So just see which size you prefer. Price difference is minimal
 
Last edited:

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2005
Messages
20,321
Reaction score
1,819
So you take a lot of night photos? If yes, PM is much better. Apple claims it takes in 87% more light due to the much larger sensor

I can vouch for night mode, even taking night videos.

Recently me and my wife brought our son downstairs my block area to carry lantern and we both took video. When I sent her my video she was surprised how my video is bright and clear while hers is quite dark. She’s using X while I’m using 11 Pro Max.
 

zacky1223

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2011
Messages
1,854
Reaction score
50
So you take a lot of night photos? If yes, PM is much better. Apple claims it takes in 87% more light due to the much larger sensor

But looking at the enhancements to the computational photography even for iPhone 12, I tend to agree that 12 Pro is good enough

So just see which size you prefer. Price difference is minimal

wow thanks for the detailed explanation. I very seldom take night shots. So ya i think all the explanation here, I am more leaning towards the 12 or the 12pro :)
 

galliano

Master Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2001
Messages
4,336
Reaction score
121
Not sure if it’s the bad economy (and everyone is holding onto their wallets) or if there’s sufficient stock... it’s past 3hrs and there is stock on day 1 delivery.
 

i.Singaporean

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 2, 2012
Messages
1,942
Reaction score
334
Not sure if it’s the bad economy (and everyone is holding onto their wallets) or if there’s sufficient stock... it’s past 3hrs and there is stock on day 1 delivery.

12 still available to ship and pickup on 23th
12 Pro still available for pickup on 23th except 128 Gold

:s13:
 

icyflame

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,796
Reaction score
277
Not sure if it’s the bad economy (and everyone is holding onto their wallets) or if there’s sufficient stock... it’s past 3hrs and there is stock on day 1 delivery.

No tourist

For locals, seems like the telcos are still going strong. Guess people are more reluctant to fork out cold hard cash
 

Darwinson

Banned
Joined
Feb 16, 2013
Messages
13,549
Reaction score
953
Hey I'm in the same boat as you. Have been using the Samsung Galaxy S, S2, S3, S4, S6, S8 & S10+. Never touched an iPhone before. But I feel I'm done with android's experimental beta tech that they release every year. Considering to get the 12 Pro or 12 Pro Max this time round. Will definitely miss the ultrasonic on-screen fingerprint scanner but oh well just for the stability, fluidity, 5nm chip and much superior camera system...

Hey welcome to iOS


Unless you are ger or got big hands and pockets ... I think 12/12-pro sizing would be nice.
 

RyoHarusaki

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 22, 2009
Messages
10,194
Reaction score
443
Other than fingerprint id and drag drop files with microsd.

You won’t miss anything more from android
 

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2005
Messages
20,321
Reaction score
1,819
Honestly besides the convenience of using in-screen fingerprint ID to unlock phone when wearing mask now outside, it’s nothing fantastic and getting a correct reading is worse than Apple’s Touch ID.
 

ryan_khoo

Master Member
Joined
Jun 18, 2005
Messages
4,499
Reaction score
309
I think from 11 to 12, no really ground breaking new features, right ?

All mostly are incremental upgrades, right ?

Thanks
 

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2005
Messages
20,321
Reaction score
1,819
I think from 11 to 12, no really ground breaking new features, right ?

All mostly are incremental upgrades, right ?

Thanks

5G, better cameras, more RAM, larger screen, faster processor and MagSafe charging

Think the only groundbreaking is 5G.
 

Darwinson

Banned
Joined
Feb 16, 2013
Messages
13,549
Reaction score
953
5G, better cameras, more RAM, larger screen, faster processor and MagSafe charging

Think the only groundbreaking is 5G.

The only groundbreaking thing is ‘if you need a phone , this is a good buy’

Or upgrading from 2-3 years old phone. Really no point upgrading from last year
 

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2005
Messages
20,321
Reaction score
1,819
The only groundbreaking thing is ‘if you need a phone , this is a good buy’

Or upgrading from 2-3 years old phone. Really no point upgrading from last year

He’s talking about any groundbreaking features, else incremental upgrades.
 

Darwinson

Banned
Joined
Feb 16, 2013
Messages
13,549
Reaction score
953
He’s talking about any groundbreaking features, else incremental upgrades.

I am just being sarcastic la


People talk about expensive but then still splurge. If 1k not a big deal then just buy la

If really talking about dollars and cents , it’s just not a great value buy

I am fan of Apple revolutionizing A series chipsets. I will just buy to experience the new.
 

cnt

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 1, 2000
Messages
99,887
Reaction score
146
If not because got contract, I won’t upgrade
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top