iPhone 12 Series

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 6, 2005
Messages
20,321
Reaction score
1,819
I am just being sarcastic la


People talk about expensive but then still splurge. If 1k not a big deal then just buy la

If really talking about dollars and cents , it’s just not a great value buy

I am fan of Apple revolutionizing A series chipsets. I will just buy to experience the new.

Apple products aren’t exactly cheap in the first place, but some will still spend like myself. People who’ve been in the Apple ecosystem for along time will know what to expect annually.

I also upgrade annually to experience the newest and latest.
 

myhealthychoice

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 7, 2015
Messages
859
Reaction score
12
Anyone knows which stores have the demo sets. I am still deciding between Pro or Pro max. Been using Pro max for years, can’t imagine going back to smaller screen. The screen may have been upsized this year, but iOS is not making good use of it. The icons will simply appear big.
 

icyflame

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,796
Reaction score
277
Apple products aren’t exactly cheap in the first place, but some will still spend like myself. People who’ve been in the Apple ecosystem for along time will know what to expect annually.

I also upgrade annually to experience the newest and latest.

Me too. Never failed to buy every year.

Am more than willing to spend on the phone as I use it everyday. When average out based it is probably the most value for money thing I buy.

Further more, last time I used to pay around thousand plus every year to get the latest digital camera, which I don’t have to now.

I don’t even use my DSLR much now😅
 
Last edited:

icyflame

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,796
Reaction score
277
Anyone knows which stores have the demo sets. I am still deciding between Pro or Pro max. Been using Pro max for years, can’t imagine going back to smaller screen. The screen may have been upsized this year, but iOS is not making good use of it. The icons will simply appear big.

Typically the demo sets will only appear on 23, during launch day.
 

TrueBeliever_jh

Honorary Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2006
Messages
112,649
Reaction score
4,415
during store pick up hor... can buy something from the store~?

or do i have to make a reservation first~?
 

Icterine

Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2018
Messages
343
Reaction score
0
same here... any reasons why you didnt pick 12 instead ? it seem to be the most value phone compared to Pro and Pro max. Unless you need pro photography features..

I'm currently using the Samsung Galaxy S10+. That device is a 3-Camera array phone; Ultra-Wide, Wide & Medium. I use the ultra-wide lens as much as the medium lens. If you have used a full frame camera before, you'll know the importance of a 50mm prime lens. The medium camera is that focal length. It's the best lens to mimic that bokeh background on portrait mode. Human portraits actually look the most flattering on that focal length. So the absence of a medium lens is a deal breaker for me.

I"ll not purchase anything till both the 12 Pro and Pro Max hit in stores on 13 Nov for a side by side size and weight comparison. And also to evaluate the effectiveness of the larger sensor and IBIS.
 
Last edited:
Joined
Oct 3, 2002
Messages
129,916
Reaction score
7,222
Apple products aren’t exactly cheap in the first place, but some will still spend like myself. People who’ve been in the Apple ecosystem for along time will know what to expect annually.

I also upgrade annually to experience the newest and latest.

at least there's regular IOS updates for older phones lo
 

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,326
Reaction score
6,587
Should 11 pro max user change to 12 pro max? The answer is YES. Most year it bring a certain amount of improvements over the previous generation iPhones (forget abt X to XS however but they introduce the bigger version). Now they use sensor shift on the wide, pretty sure iPhone 13 they will use that on the ultra wide and there you go, another improvement.

I’m a 11 or max user and I will be going for the 12 pro max too, but later, next yr when the street price hit 1.2k.
 

icyflame

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,796
Reaction score
277
Should 11 pro max user change to 12 pro max? The answer is YES. Most year it bring a certain amount of improvements over the previous generation iPhones (forget abt X to XS however but they introduce the bigger version). Now they use sensor shift on the wide, pretty sure iPhone 13 they will use that on the ultra wide and there you go, another improvement.

I’m a 11 or max user and I will be going for the 12 pro max too, but later, next yr when the street price hit 1.2k.

By then iphone 13 pro max will be out
 

Icterine

Member
Joined
Feb 22, 2018
Messages
343
Reaction score
0
Should 11 pro max user change to 12 pro max? The answer is YES. Most year it bring a certain amount of improvements over the previous generation iPhones (forget abt X to XS however but they introduce the bigger version). Now they use sensor shift on the wide, pretty sure iPhone 13 they will use that on the ultra wide and there you go, another improvement.

I’m a 11 or max user and I will be going for the 12 pro max too, but later, next yr when the street price hit 1.2k.

$1.2K? I think the 12 Pro Max 256GB will only hit $1.4K next year sept lowest. Unless you're referring to the 12 Pro Max 128GB maybe...
 

Mclairs83

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
28,972
Reaction score
2,579
I will wait for all the reviews from the youtubers then decide. No confirmed battery size and SOT as of now

Sent from OnePlus GM1910 using GAGT
 

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,326
Reaction score
6,587
$1.2K? I think the 12 Pro Max 256GB will only hit $1.4K next year sept lowest. Unless you're referring to the 12 Pro Max 128GB maybe...
Yes the 128gb version. 64Gb more than enough for me. I only have a few games and I maintain my phone every month. I transfer out my videos and photos to local drives as backup. My Apple Music doesn’t have a lot of songs since most are on streaming service now. :D
 

bedlamite

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 12, 2002
Messages
1,977
Reaction score
51
Anybody currrently using a 5G Android? How’s your network? I’m still completely unconvinced consumers need 5G. Don’t suppose we can force the 12 to stay on LTE? lolz
 

Nevereatrice

Honorary Member
Joined
May 15, 2015
Messages
146,777
Reaction score
27,318
Anybody currrently using a 5G Android? How’s your network? I’m still completely unconvinced consumers need 5G. Don’t suppose we can force the 12 to stay on LTE? lolz

They don't even utilise the 4G. I doubt we need 5G. It's just a gimmick to one up iphone. I think LTE is faster than 4G. Initially they were on LTE speed but they changed to 4G which is slower.
 

icyflame

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
3,796
Reaction score
277
Then I will buy the 13 pro max before the 14 pro max is out.

Good way of saving money but sometimes, need to see what enhancements are in the new version

For example, the cameras in iPhone 12 are already better than the 11 pro max, minus the zoom

So might be better to just keep buying the non pro iPhone
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top