iPhone 5 Battery Life

leong3k

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 10, 2003
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
Beginning to see better battery life after the reset.

Thanks!! Helpful!!

Anyone encountered iPhone 5 video recording no sound ? My iPhone 5 video recording only got sound when plug in headset otherwise no sound ... Pls help !
 

Moniker

Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2008
Messages
418
Reaction score
3
Lousy batt life for me... Very very frustrating to always have battery problems with new phones. Samsung Galaxy S2 and now this

For my iphone, 22 minutes call results in 10% batt drop. Already on 6th or 7th charge liao still like that. S2 wasn't even this bad.. considering taking it in for checks.... sianz
 

bryant_16

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2006
Messages
6,012
Reaction score
75
restored but my battery life is pretty good so far.

Restored with iTunes or iCloud?

Seems like those people with battery draining comes from restored iPhone...

Need more information from the guys here...
 

the bees

Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2010
Messages
275
Reaction score
0
Restored with iTunes or iCloud?

Seems like those people with battery draining comes from restored iPhone...

Need more information from the guys here...

I have just followed one of the guys suggestion by resetting all settings. I will see how it goes and update here.
 

avalondigo

Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2009
Messages
457
Reaction score
0
I have just followed one of the guys suggestion by resetting all settings. I will see how it goes and update here.

I think I know why resetting help
Because it turns off location setting (GPS)
But be aware that it also turns off find my iPhone
 

bryant_16

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2006
Messages
6,012
Reaction score
75
I think I know why resetting help
Because it turns off location setting (GPS)
But be aware that it also turns off find my iPhone

I don't think so because prior to resetting the settings, my location settings (GPS) is off too and it is draining battery as well..

So I don't think that's the case..
 

edm_11

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2004
Messages
598
Reaction score
2
i also reset my settings last night after letting the phone drain to zero as well and full charging it. 100% and was 94% in 10 mins... rebooted the phone abd it went up to 98% and stayed there for an hour or so.

So pls reboot phone and see if it helps!

Def better than yest drainage prior to resetting
 

riscaliz

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2012
Messages
44
Reaction score
0
This is a dumb proposition. I do not like harsh brightness and I like to buy a bit of my own privacy, I do that with all phones I use. I switch off LTE because it's unnecessary. I kill push mail because once again it is unnecessary, unless your work requires you to be slave to every incoming email every second of the day.

So those buy me battery life and hence it functions exactly as I want it. I need it to last an entire day and to be there when I'm bored (to surf the web, which I do a lot on the phone), and not drop dead in a few hours time. Non-LTE speeds are very reasonable at the moment, I'm not downloading a 1GB torrent file so such so increase in speeds don't matter. The island isn't well covered. Until such a day I require LTE speeds to enhance my web experience, I see no necessity to turn it on.

So keep such ill tasting comments to yourself. To put it bluntly, don't tell people how to use their phones because different people have different requirements out of it.

Agree on every single bit that you said bro...
 

fantasticfox

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2011
Messages
38,374
Reaction score
0
Wa serious ah. Im resetting as I'm typing this.

What do u guys think the reset does that solves the batt issue? I know it's not important, but just curious.

can't even make a wild guess here. i never would believe it can help, but at the rate the batt was going, it was worth a try!
 

Shrimpy

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2006
Messages
554
Reaction score
0
This is a dumb proposition. I do not like harsh brightness and I like to buy a bit of my own privacy, I do that with all phones I use. I switch off LTE because it's unnecessary. I kill push mail because once again it is unnecessary, unless your work requires you to be slave to every incoming email every second of the day.

So those buy me battery life and hence it functions exactly as I want it. I need it to last an entire day and to be there when I'm bored (to surf the web, which I do a lot on the phone), and not drop dead in a few hours time. Non-LTE speeds are very reasonable at the moment, I'm not downloading a 1GB torrent file so such so increase in speeds don't matter. The island isn't well covered. Until such a day I require LTE speeds to enhance my web experience, I see no necessity to turn it on.

So keep such ill tasting comments to yourself. To put it bluntly, don't tell people how to use their phones because different people have different requirements out of it.

Take a chill pill dude.
But seriously if alot of things have to switch off, whats the point of getting an iphone 5?
 

fantasticfox

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 11, 2011
Messages
38,374
Reaction score
0
resetting helps. i already noticed a dramatic difference. btw, i reenabled my gps settings immediately after the reset. i actually tried to run it down last night from 30% so that i can try a full recharge from zero, but it was going down so slowly that i gave up and went to bed!
 

Shrimpy

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 28, 2006
Messages
554
Reaction score
0
I have reset my phone, will be monitoring.
Guys better check thru and adjust your settings.
I noticed that setting like bluetooth is turned on after the reset.
 

NineNineNine

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2001
Messages
1,903
Reaction score
0
Put brightness to 30%, switch off LTE, switch off 3G, don't activate push mail, etc etc

Are you sure you still have an iPhone 5? It just looks like one but it's not functioning like an iPhone 5. :s13:

This is a dumb proposition....

So keep such ill tasting comments to yourself. To put it bluntly, don't tell people how to use their phones because different people have different requirements out of it.

Whoa! Compare the two posts and see which is personal? My post was a response to the advice generally in this thread to reduce functionality to save battery. My point was there is a limit. Your response was a personal attack.:s11:
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top