iPhone 5 Battery Life

limpoop

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2003
Messages
13,193
Reaction score
0
Not impress at all!

11pm 100%
8 am 94%
9 am 70%
1 pm 55%
5 pm 34%
7 pm 7%
8 pm 1%
 

plasticpistola

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2006
Messages
37,795
Reaction score
1,654
bros, try to RESET your phone.

my phone has crap battery life - can drain 50% overnight while on idle with all apps turned off.

called apple support today n the CSO told me to hit RESET (as in 'RESET ALL SETTINGS').

and it works leh! used for 7hrs straight (from full charge) after that and now i still have 81% battery remaining.

RESET it. works swee swee for me.


/
 

bryant_16

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2006
Messages
6,012
Reaction score
75
bros, try to RESET your phone.

my phone has crap battery life - can drain 50% overnight while on idle with all apps turned off.

called apple support today n the CSO told me to hit RESET (as in 'RESET ALL SETTINGS').

and it works leh! used for 7hrs straight (from full charge) after that and now i still have 81% battery remaining.

RESET it. works swee swee for me.


/

Ok, let me try..

But what's your usage patterns like?
 

plasticpistola

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2006
Messages
37,795
Reaction score
1,654
i posted this on the other thread about batt life.

mine had crap batt life, too, until i did a RESET.

after that batter life is swee swee - used for 7hrs straight (from full charge) and batt life still hovered at 81%.


/
 

oddeye82

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2006
Messages
14,843
Reaction score
2,441
bros, try to RESET your phone.

my phone has crap battery life - can drain 50% overnight while on idle with all apps turned off.

called apple support today n the CSO told me to hit RESET (as in 'RESET ALL SETTINGS').

and it works leh! used for 7hrs straight (from full charge) after that and now i still have 81% battery remaining.

RESET it. works swee swee for me.


/

Reset all settings what will happen?
 

plasticpistola

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2006
Messages
37,795
Reaction score
1,654
Reset all settings what will happen?

battery life much better after that.

and your data n apps won't get deleted but you need to set back stuff like ringtones n wallpaper.

got 2 kinds of RESET one hor, dun select the one that will wipe out all your data.


/
 

edm_11

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2004
Messages
598
Reaction score
2
i posted this on the other thread about batt life.

mine had crap batt life, too, until i did a RESET.

after that batter life is swee swee - used for 7hrs straight (from full charge) and batt life still hovered at 81%.


/

wat is a reset?
 

kvanar

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2003
Messages
1,226
Reaction score
0
I just tried Resetting all settings and immediately solved my wifi and 3G issues!
 

NineNineNine

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2001
Messages
1,903
Reaction score
0
Put brightness to 30%, switch off LTE, switch off 3G, don't activate push mail, etc etc

Are you sure you still have an iPhone 5? It just looks like one but it's not functioning like an iPhone 5. :s13:
 

eventidephoenix

Master Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2007
Messages
4,446
Reaction score
0
Put brightness to 30%, switch off LTE, switch off 3G, don't activate push mail, etc etc

Are you sure you still have an iPhone 5? It just looks like one but it's not functioning like an iPhone 5. :s13:

This is a dumb proposition. I do not like harsh brightness and I like to buy a bit of my own privacy, I do that with all phones I use. I switch off LTE because it's unnecessary. I kill push mail because once again it is unnecessary, unless your work requires you to be slave to every incoming email every second of the day.

So those buy me battery life and hence it functions exactly as I want it. I need it to last an entire day and to be there when I'm bored (to surf the web, which I do a lot on the phone), and not drop dead in a few hours time. Non-LTE speeds are very reasonable at the moment, I'm not downloading a 1GB torrent file so such so increase in speeds don't matter. The island isn't well covered. Until such a day I require LTE speeds to enhance my web experience, I see no necessity to turn it on.

So keep such ill tasting comments to yourself. To put it bluntly, don't tell people how to use their phones because different people have different requirements out of it.
 
Last edited:

alleggerita

Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2008
Messages
470
Reaction score
0
Honestly, I am getting pretty abysmal battery life from my iPhone 5. Full charge lasts me barely 5 hours with music and 3G surfing. My previous iPhone 4 did much better.
 

gdspd8

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2000
Messages
1,866
Reaction score
10
Honestly, I am getting pretty abysmal battery life from my iPhone 5. Full charge lasts me barely 5 hours with music and 3G surfing. My previous iPhone 4 did much better.

Just now I was at 313 m1 rma my ip5. Behind me was a guy we start to chat. His ip5 cannot last for a day, even silent, off LTE, everything. His hp is damn hot in idle mode. I was shock.
By the way, it took me an 1 and a half hour for my turn to rma. U can see how long is the rma q.
My ip5 began to flicker this morning. Went paragon m1 and was told no stock for rma, I request the staff to call 313 m1. He took out his phone, act act dial and I did not even see his mouth talking. He told me 313 also no stock for rma. I du lan, make an effort to 313. They have plenty of stock for rma. TMD!
 

sinori80

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2002
Messages
12,865
Reaction score
0
i posted this on the other thread about batt life.

mine had crap batt life, too, until i did a RESET.

after that batter life is swee swee - used for 7hrs straight (from full charge) and batt life still hovered at 81%.


/

hey guys it really works!
just go to general settings and reset all the settings.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top