iPhone 6 screen top yellow tint

identity_1991

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
8,880
Reaction score
5,740
No lah
The pictures is I browse the web and find de..
Quite a common problem I think

My one is quite faint but noticeable when viewing a white background

Jin jalet leh wait 2 hours for queue.. I better call Apple for Case ID before going down if not later they reject then waste my time lol

I queue 2 hrs 30 mins liao. Kannnnn
 

lufu

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
4,594
Reaction score
33
off topic. just changed my 3-week old iPhone 6. How can I tell if this is a brand new set or refurbished old?

my original phone was made in week 38
serial number of replacement phone shows it's made in week 39.
 

eurofunk

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
35,827
Reaction score
140
How to see the serial number if n or etc? New set shld be wat letter in wat position Ah?
 

lufu

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
4,594
Reaction score
33
Serial number with N? It's refurbish new.


Do you mean model number?

e.g. MG4E2ZP/A (retail box set with accessories) versus NG4E2ZP/A (Apple replacement set, sealed white box without accessories)

then there's no way of getting brand new unless it's given out by retailer directly as 1 to 1 exchange.
 

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,322
Reaction score
6,583
For me, the N is as good as new now. Perfect condition. I am surprise my refurbish 6 is better than my factory set.
 

tohchr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2004
Messages
13,837
Reaction score
2,284
For those who wanna test, save this white image here to your photo gallery, full screen and see if you spot any yellow tinted at the top or sides:

Image starts here
xn7ptk.jpg

Image stops here

Another faster way to have a full white screen is using wechat. Go to any message from your chat, the shorter message the better, double tap on that message and u get a full size white screen.
 

Earthling

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 13, 2009
Messages
6,853
Reaction score
1,486
just notice that my set also have this problem. Can see that the top part is abit yellow/got some shadows.

everything else is perfect though, wondering to change anot.

Anyway, anyone knows if its a glue prob that will get better/heal by itself?
 

identity_1991

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
8,880
Reaction score
5,740
just notice that my set also have this problem. Can see that the top part is abit yellow/got some shadows.

everything else is perfect though, wondering to change anot.

Anyway, anyone knows if its a glue prob that will get better/heal by itself?

if you wanna go down, i advise u get a apple case id first. if not later u go down they reject u, then u gotta LLST.

they will just tell u it's acceptable by apple standard.

i was told that it will go away within a few weeks of usage but i damn scare it doesn't. Imagine if wait one month later i go down wheelock, they ask me put my iPhone there for a few days to replace the screen instead of doing a one to one exchange.

I ended up selling my iPhone 6 away. I'd rather wait for the second batch to come in. :s13:
 

EldonChew

Senior Member
Joined
May 6, 2011
Messages
1,789
Reaction score
0
if you wanna go down, i advise u get a apple case id first. if not later u go down they reject u, then u gotta LLST.

they will just tell u it's acceptable by apple standard.

i was told that it will go away within a few weeks of usage but i damn scare it doesn't. Imagine if wait one month later i go down wheelock, they ask me put my iPhone there for a few days to replace the screen instead of doing a one to one exchange.

I ended up selling my iPhone 6 away. I'd rather wait for the second batch to come in. :s13:

I thought they repair like <1 hour de? If not they give you loaner phone not sure heard someone say de

My 5s from 8 months ago have this problem.. will find time to go down repair before warranty ends.. if they tell me is acceptable by apple standard I nothing to say LOL

HmVmVlR.jpg

^from the internet but problem is the same
 

ill_sion

Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2008
Messages
449
Reaction score
0
Well the CSO at wheelock didn't ask for my apple case ID at all. I guess it depends on the severity of the tinting. I think if the tinting still persists after a few weeks then it probably won't heal by itself in the near future.

If you are extremely happy with the other aspects of your phone and can live with the tinting then I suggest keeping the set and maybe changing right before your warranty ends.

Personally battery life > tinting. My old set had a both sucky battery (~6 hours usage) and the tinting which is why I changed it. I got lucky and got a good refurbished set :D
 

shadez9

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 7, 2009
Messages
1,022
Reaction score
29
Did the refurb set come with the plastic wrapping like the new factory sets?
 

jaymessofly

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2012
Messages
14,777
Reaction score
11
Well the CSO at wheelock didn't ask for my apple case ID at all. I guess it depends on the severity of the tinting. I think if the tinting still persists after a few weeks then it probably won't heal by itself in the near future.

If you are extremely happy with the other aspects of your phone and can live with the tinting then I suggest keeping the set and maybe changing right before your warranty ends.

Personally battery life > tinting. My old set had a both sucky battery (~6 hours usage) and the tinting which is why I changed it. I got lucky and got a good refurbished set :D

My battery life also sibei cui leh. Thinking of changing, how's your tinting? Very bad? Mine very mild only, max brightness can just see a tint of yellow.
 

ill_sion

Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2008
Messages
449
Reaction score
0
Sorry bro, which service centre did you go? Wheel-Lock place? Do they allow you to check for cosmetic defects like scratches etc? My phone got dead-pixel la :(

If the replacement set got problem they will change another one for you. My first replacement had a dead pixel and they changed without much troubles. Was at Wheelock.
 

toughnut

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2010
Messages
661
Reaction score
0
My 1 week only 6+ got battery drain issue and was replaced 1-to-1 at QCD. Guess what, new replacement iPhone 6+ feel better. Opened two replacement sets as first one has minor scratch on screen.

1. TouchID button not more hard clicking sound, more smooth like iPhone 5 era.
2. Wobbly power button and volume button gone, feel more smooth and didn't make sound when shake it.

Both issues persist on my initial iPhone 6+ and my iPhone 5s (and refurbish 5s). No issue with yellowing though, I guess an issue only on 6.
 

jaymessofly

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2012
Messages
14,777
Reaction score
11
My 1 week only 6+ got battery drain issue and was replaced 1-to-1 at QCD. Guess what, new replacement iPhone 6+ feel better. Opened two replacement sets as first one has minor scratch on screen.

1. TouchID button not more hard clicking sound, more smooth like iPhone 5 era.
2. Wobbly power button and volume button gone, feel more smooth and didn't make sound when shake it.

Both issues persist on my initial iPhone 6+ and my iPhone 5s (and refurbish 5s). No issue with yellowing though, I guess an issue only on 6.

What did you tell the people at QCD? Mine also having battery drain issue. But the dude just said its normal. Now my 100% battery only lasts me about 4hours max. How long did you queue to wait for your turn?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top