iPhone 6 screen top yellow tint

toughnut

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2010
Messages
661
Reaction score
0
My battery life was great for first few days, 10-11 hours usage but suddenly dropped to barely 3-4 hours usage. Can literally see the % goes down. Suspect lightning port faulty or shorted as ori cable detected as not compatible.

I told them battery drain really fast and already reset/restore/reformat/clean start but still draining. Cable also detected as not ori. CS replaced my cable and send in phone to techinician. Checked for 1 hour for liquid damage, battery health, main board etc, all ok and said no issue duh. Asked CS to inform technician to recheck again on the port as charging got issue (very slow even with Apple 12w) and after 10mins, CS emerged with white box hehe.

Total duration close to 2 hours. When I arrived at ALab, they told me 3 hours wait lol. Now iPhone doing 10-11 hours of usage easily.
 

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,322
Reaction score
6,583
Sorry bro, which service centre did you go? Wheel-Lock place? Do they allow you to check for cosmetic defects like scratches etc? My phone got dead-pixel la :(

Wheelock. the lady bring out the phone ask me check on the spot for problem. The set looks as good as brand new with the apple screen protector.
 

jaymessofly

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2012
Messages
14,777
Reaction score
11
My battery life was great for first few days, 10-11 hours usage but suddenly dropped to barely 3-4 hours usage. Can literally see the % goes down. Suspect lightning port faulty or shorted as ori cable detected as not compatible.

I told them battery drain really fast and already reset/restore/reformat/clean start but still draining. Cable also detected as not ori. CS replaced my cable and send in phone to techinician. Checked for 1 hour for liquid damage, battery health, main board etc, all ok and said no issue duh. Asked CS to inform technician to recheck again on the port as charging got issue (very slow even with Apple 12w) and after 10mins, CS emerged with white box hehe.

Total duration close to 2 hours. When I arrived at ALab, they told me 3 hours wait lol. Now iPhone doing 10-11 hours of usage easily.

You using 6 or 6+ bro?
So satki, mine problem not as serious as yours. Only can see the percentage dropping literally when using. Max 4 hours usage on my 6.
 

toughnut

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2010
Messages
661
Reaction score
0
You using 6 or 6+ bro?
So satki, mine problem not as serious as yours. Only can see the percentage dropping literally when using. Max 4 hours usage on my 6.

6+ bro. I think many issues this time, both hardware and software
 

jaymessofly

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 18, 2012
Messages
14,777
Reaction score
11
6+ bro. I think many issues this time, both hardware and software

Means your 6+ really cui compared to mine haha. I lazy to queue for 3 hours only to get rejected after queuing leh. My screen also got a bit yellowish, thought of using that to change for better battery. To me, battery most important liao lol.
 

kefen123

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 28, 2012
Messages
530
Reaction score
5
Guys I notice my plus got a little small tiny dot dead pixel do u think I should go for a change?
 

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,322
Reaction score
6,583
Both my queue in A.lab and QCD doesnt cross over 2 hrs. In fact it was like 1 hr ard there. 3 hrs?????

U go wrong time bro.
 

uplorry

Suspended
Joined
Nov 17, 2009
Messages
5,177
Reaction score
132
Just found out that mine has a small speck of dust under the screen glass near the bottom edge... Will call apple and try and have it exchanged?
 

SilentL

Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2006
Messages
194
Reaction score
0
I too had the yellow screen problem plus dark patch on the top. Went down to singtel technical care side, inspected the replacement also have the same problem. And when i ask the guy whether is it refurbished set or brand new set, he told me that it's a brand new set. Anyway i obviously don't believe him because it came in a slim white packaging instead of the full white larger retail box. Fed up i sold my phone.
 

identity_1991

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
8,879
Reaction score
5,740
I too had the yellow screen problem plus dark patch on the top. Went down to singtel technical care side, inspected the replacement also have the same problem. And when i ask the guy whether is it refurbished set or brand new set, he told me that it's a brand new set. Anyway i obviously don't believe him because it came in a slim white packaging instead of the full white larger retail box. Fed up i sold my phone.

Refurbished set all like that one. I exchange twice the set open from the slim white new packing box also had tinted yellow. I also end up fed up I sold it away. I ordered again after Apple released the new stocks online. Heng this time totally no tinted yellow
 

Gearsecond

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2014
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Glad that i'm not alone, happened to me too..

My iPhone 6+ comes with a seal box and somehow the screen is yellow/warm light colour compare to my old Iphone 4 which has a crisp cool white screen. Not only there, the brightness is quite down.I have to set to 80% to get the normal brightness, and this is draining my battery fast.

Then I went to other Apple shore and did a comparison with the set out there, set max brightness on both phones and mine is still very dull and lose out. Even those are better than my so called 'new' set.. -__-

So went down to QCD at Wheelock, waited for 1 and half hour, and even talked to their Indian manager, he doesn't want to change for me, saying that its 'Customers Expectation' and Apple did QC when ship out products, so its normal for the yellow tint, all phones are like that. Not unless its device failure or other defects, otherwise cannot change. And ask me to call Apple Global Service Care if i insist need a replacement.

Feeling unsatisfied, I went down to A-Labs on the same day, queue again for another 1 and half hour and even fell asleep. The staff then compare my phone with her colleagues ip6+ and admit there's a difference, but still NO. Cant change because of just screen colour and low brightness.. Saying if I insist, I can call the global service support and get their approval then only comes back to them with email approval or reference number. Feeling hopeless and dulan..

End up going back with full disappointment and decided to sell off that one. Now getting a new one online and have to wait for 3 weeks for it to arrive.. Hopefully this round, it will be good..

Sigh, what happen to Apple quality these days?
 

identity_1991

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
8,879
Reaction score
5,740
Glad that i'm not alone, happened to me too..

My iPhone 6+ comes with a seal box and somehow the screen is yellow/warm light colour compare to my old Iphone 4 which has a crisp cool white screen. Not only there, the brightness is quite down.I have to set to 80% to get the normal brightness, and this is draining my battery fast.

Then I went to other Apple shore and did a comparison with the set out there, set max brightness on both phones and mine is still very dull and lose out. Even those are better than my so called 'new' set.. -__-

So went down to QCD at Wheelock, waited for 1 and half hour, and even talked to their Indian manager, he doesn't want to change for me, saying that its 'Customers Expectation' and Apple did QC when ship out products, so its normal for the yellow tint, all phones are like that. Not unless its device failure or other defects, otherwise cannot change. And ask me to call Apple Global Service Care if i insist need a replacement.

Feeling unsatisfied, I went down to A-Labs on the same day, queue again for another 1 and half hour and even fell asleep. The staff then compare my phone with her colleagues ip6+ and admit there's a difference, but still NO. Cant change because of just screen colour and low brightness.. Saying if I insist, I can call the global service support and get their approval then only comes back to them with email approval or reference number. Feeling hopeless and dulan..

End up going back with full disappointment and decided to sell off that one. Now getting a new one online and have to wait for 3 weeks for it to arrive.. Hopefully this round, it will be good..

Sigh, what happen to Apple quality these days?

The Indian manager said the same thing to me at QCD. Next time safeguard yourself by lodging a apple service report online before going down. I also sold my phone in the end and ordered a new one online. Satisfied though. Although this new set has a very very slight tinted yellow still but not obvious to my naked eye. Not as bad as the one I got and the replacement sets.

The QCD staff said if this one is like that, the rest also same cos same batch.

Good luck for your next attempt.
 

SilentL

Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2006
Messages
194
Reaction score
0
Refurbished set all like that one. I exchange twice the set open from the slim white new packing box also had tinted yellow. I also end up fed up I sold it away. I ordered again after Apple released the new stocks online. Heng this time totally no tinted yellow



Just received my brand new iPhone 6 bought online from Apple. Pretty happy with the screen as it's quite uniform. It's like striking toto.
 

Gearsecond

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2014
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
The Indian manager said the same thing to me at QCD. Next time safeguard yourself by lodging a apple service report online before going down. I also sold my phone in the end and ordered a new one online. Satisfied though. Although this new set has a very very slight tinted yellow still but not obvious to my naked eye. Not as bad as the one I got and the replacement sets.

The QCD staff said if this one is like that, the rest also same cos same batch.

Good luck for your next attempt.

lol you met him too? Quite a stubborn fella there.
I just find that its unfair, we're paying so much for something that it's not what we're looking for. End up have to sell off with a lost and top up to get a new one.

He even talked to me about QC. Quality Control my ass, how come some people still get dead pixel in their phone :s11:?
 

oakhub

Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
257
Reaction score
1
Just received my brand new iPhone 6 bought online from Apple. Pretty happy with the screen as it's quite uniform. It's like striking toto.

You got yours yesterday? Mine too iPhone 64gb space-grey. This was supposed to be a replacement for the 1st set which had yellow / black patch on the top. The new one was disappointing. Chip on the case at the mute button and also on the back. Screen was so so. Dark patch at the bottom left.

Seriously poor quality control.
 

identity_1991

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 15, 2007
Messages
8,879
Reaction score
5,740
lol you met him too? Quite a stubborn fella there.
I just find that its unfair, we're paying so much for something that it's not what we're looking for. End up have to sell off with a lost and top up to get a new one.

He even talked to me about QC. Quality Control my ass, how come some people still get dead pixel in their phone :s11:?

Yea. He's quite a stubborn fella. But bobian the entire batch all like that. I'd rather not exchange for another one. Waste my time and effort. Sell off and buy new one. I managed to break even. All I lost was time.
 

SilentL

Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2006
Messages
194
Reaction score
0
You got yours yesterday? Mine too iPhone 64gb space-grey. This was supposed to be a replacement for the 1st set which had yellow / black patch on the top. The new one was disappointing. Chip on the case at the mute button and also on the back. Screen was so so. Dark patch at the bottom left.

Seriously poor quality control.



I actually sold mine and got another new one. Lose about 280 dollars but at least I'm getting a brand new one and not a refurb.
 

Gearsecond

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 27, 2014
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
The Indian manager said the same thing to me at QCD. Next time safeguard yourself by lodging a apple service report online before going down. I also sold my phone in the end and ordered a new one online. Satisfied though. Although this new set has a very very slight tinted yellow still but not obvious to my naked eye. Not as bad as the one I got and the replacement sets.

The QCD staff said if this one is like that, the rest also same cos same batch.

Good luck for your next attempt.


k finally received my ip6+ (second) from the Apple Store online, ON the phone, the moment i see the Apple logo colour, i knew it. Same ****, different smell. Yellow tint.. :(:(:(

what should i do? Those who've called the Apple Support, can you help with some advice?
 

oakhub

Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2010
Messages
257
Reaction score
1
k finally received my ip6+ (second) from the Apple Store online, ON the phone, the moment i see the Apple logo colour, i knew it. Same ****, different smell. Yellow tint.. :(:(:(

what should i do? Those who've called the Apple Support, can you help with some advice?

The yellow tint even on the screen or just at certain spots? If it annoys you return it. However if it's even then it's fine as they have yellowish and bluish screen. My exchanged set has a bluish screen but text seems better on yellowish screen
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top