IPPT, IPT & RT Questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

guile

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
26,186
Reaction score
2,464
I will officially MR tomorrow...have already received my cert during my final ICT (Post dated for tomorrow).

mrcertedited.jpg


But i received this sms yesterday....

screenshot2013033022270.png


How? Need to take or not? All the available dates for IPPT are after i've MRed...

If i manage to book and take the IPPT (after i've MRed), will i still get paid? If I fail, do I still need to go RT?

If I managed to get points eligible for monetary incentive, will they still pay out?

Or should I just heck care the sms and hope they won't charge me...(can they still do that after tomorrow?)
 

seeyourhead_jiejie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 3, 2007
Messages
13,104
Reaction score
0
Hi,
i am having the same similar issue here.

Currently left 6 months to window close, soi booked my IPT, 2nd lesson that time suay suay (hard to believe but yea) after IPT on the way back home eye put stamp, fell down and had a really bad sprain, to the extend foot cannot touch floor.

when to TCM to fix the dislocation, now can walk liao but still hurts, cfm cannot run.

So my question is, if this ankle doesnt get better in 1month's time there is no way i can finish my IPT and RT in time,

what are my ways to excuse myself for this window? call it keng or not, up to you but there is no way i could run with this ankle.

Any pointers?

I oso similar.
Injured ankle halfway through ipt. Completed think 5 or 6 session.
Went to see gp.
Gp refer me to specialist.
Specialist refer me to do xray and mri scan.
After doing those scan, was given a memo for camp mo.
After that book a medical review over the ns.sg hotline.
Now waiting to go for the medical review.
 

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2007
Messages
10,985
Reaction score
1
Yes, you still own SAF 1 IPPT for work year of 2012/2013.

If you did not go or fail for IPPT, you needs to pay them back for work year 2012/2013 RT/IPT in work year 2013/2014.


I will officially MR tomorrow...have already received my cert during my final ICT (Post dated for tomorrow).

mrcertedited.jpg


But i received this sms yesterday....

screenshot2013033022270.png


How? Need to take or not? All the available dates for IPPT are after i've MRed...

If i manage to book and take the IPPT (after i've MRed), will i still get paid? If I fail, do I still need to go RT?

If I managed to get points eligible for monetary incentive, will they still pay out?

Or should I just heck care the sms and hope they won't charge me...(can they still do that after tomorrow?)
 

P0TMKILLMAN

Master Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2008
Messages
3,803
Reaction score
21
I will officially MR tomorrow...have already received my cert during my final ICT (Post dated for tomorrow).

mrcertedited.jpg


But i received this sms yesterday....

screenshot2013033022270.png


How? Need to take or not? All the available dates for IPPT are after i've MRed...

If i manage to book and take the IPPT (after i've MRed), will i still get paid? If I fail, do I still need to go RT?

If I managed to get points eligible for monetary incentive, will they still pay out?

Or should I just heck care the sms and hope they won't charge me...(can they still do that after tomorrow?)

which month/year did you serve your final ICT??
 

P0TMKILLMAN

Master Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2008
Messages
3,803
Reaction score
21
Yes, you still own SAF 1 IPPT for work year of 2012/2013.

If you did not go or fail for IPPT, you needs to pay them back for work year 2012/2013 RT/IPT in work year 2013/2014.

my birthday is in January, I will MR in 31march2014

mean my window is open from Jan2014 till 31march2014

so from Jan2014 till 31march2014(MR), do i have to taken and pass IPPT......


Also , does it mean that if your birthday is on 29 or 30march and you MR on 31 march2014, you still have to take IPPT?
 

guile

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
26,186
Reaction score
2,464
Yes, you still own SAF 1 IPPT for work year of 2012/2013.

If you did not go or fail for IPPT, you needs to pay them back for work year 2012/2013 RT/IPT in work year 2013/2014.

So if i go and fail, i still need to go for RT?? even after I already MR? My birthday is in July btw...

which month/year did you serve your final ICT??

July 2012. For WY 2012/2013

What's the worst they can do? Charge me? Take back my watch? Or go DB if i don't attend RT.
 

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
60,615
Reaction score
79
I will officially MR tomorrow...have already received my cert during my final ICT (Post dated for tomorrow).

But i received this sms yesterday....

screenshot2013033022270.png


How? Need to take or not? All the available dates for IPPT are after i've MRed...

If i manage to book and take the IPPT (after i've MRed), will i still get paid? If I fail, do I still need to go RT?

If I managed to get points eligible for monetary incentive, will they still pay out?

Or should I just heck care the sms and hope they won't charge me...(can they still do that after tomorrow?)

Once you MR, you should be clear. Of coz they can charge you but they can't do anything to u.

To double confirm, call ns.sg or contact your unit.
 

P0TMKILLMAN

Master Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2008
Messages
3,803
Reaction score
21
July 2012. For WY 2012/2013

What's the worst they can do? Charge me? Take back my watch? Or go DB if i don't attend RT.

same here

my 10th cycle ICT in august 2013, then MR(offcial MR date is 31mar2014)...

moi birthday is in Jan

jan2013 to jan2014>>>this year IPPT I pass liao...


Question
1. so in from jan2014 to 31march2014, do I have to attempt/take/Pass IPPT since I will be MR in 31march2014.
 

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2007
Messages
10,985
Reaction score
1
my birthday is in January, I will MR in 31march2014

mean my window is open from Jan2014 till 31march2014

so from Jan2014 till 31march2014(MR), do i have to taken and pass IPPT......

You MR on 31 Mar 2014 but your birthday on Jan 2014 right? So from Jan2014 till 30 Mar 2014, you have not MR which mean you still own them 1 IPPT.

Also , does it mean that if your birthday is on 29 or 30march and you MR on 31 march2014, you still have to take IPPT?

Yes.
 

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2007
Messages
10,985
Reaction score
1
IPPT & RT/IPT is a package. If you fail IPPT before you MR mean you own them RT before you MR even if the date to attend RT is after you MR.

So if i go and fail, i still need to go for RT?? even after I already MR? My birthday is in July btw...
 

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2007
Messages
10,985
Reaction score
1
This is not true. Your NS liabilities is up to 40 year old for WOSE. They can ask you to come back for anything such as ICT too.

On your cert you may have MR but in actual, you are still under your unit cause you still own them outstanding thing such as IPPT, RT/IPT & etc. Once you clear your outstanding thing(s) then your unit can hand over to MR.


Once you MR, you should be clear. Of coz they can charge you but they can't do anything to u.

To double confirm, call ns.sg or contact your unit.
 

vasilli07

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
60,615
Reaction score
79
This is not true. Your NS liabilities is up to 40 year old for WOSE. They can ask you to come back for anything such as ICT too.

On your cert you may have MR but in actual, you are still under your unit cause you still own them outstanding thing such as IPPT, RT/IPT & etc. Once you clear your outstanding thing(s) then your unit can hand over to MR.

No. MR means reserves liao. Unless Singapore go to war, there is no chance of them calling u back for normal NS activities.

If not, why do people want to MR asap?
 

P0TMKILLMAN

Master Member
Joined
Nov 14, 2008
Messages
3,803
Reaction score
21
You MR on 31 Mar 2014 but your birthday on Jan 2014 right? So from Jan2014 till 30 Mar 2014, you have not MR which mean you still own them 1 IPPT.



Yes.


but in the 9th ICT, got one DXO(ex- retired LTC), say that I no need to take lei...



if like that then mean that if my birthday is on 29 or 30march(window just open) and then MR on 31march....i also have to take IPPT ah?!?!
 

guile

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
26,186
Reaction score
2,464
Thanks I think i'll just wait and see what happens...maybe just book and attempt the ippt for fun (and get the half day service pay, maybe do it twice to maximise more earnings....lol) and fail it.

Anything I will update here for future knowledge of the bros who will face this same situation.
 

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2007
Messages
10,985
Reaction score
1
NSmen want to MR soon so that they can 'standby' at home & workplace instead of attending ICT & IPPT(with RT/IPT) up to 40 year old for WOSE.

Yes, you have MR but if you have outstanding issues not clear which they can call you back.


No. MR means reserves liao. Unless Singapore go to war, there is no chance of them calling u back for normal NS activities.

If not, why do people want to MR asap?
 

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2007
Messages
10,985
Reaction score
1
What I have share is SOP.

Next level will be your unit if they want to charge you or not.

If yes, the next level you will answer to your charge with a Junior Disciplinary Officer(JDO, mostly your S1 or CMPB) & depend your JDO judgement if you are guilty & what is your punishment.

------------------------------------------------------

Mostly NS Unit step down because all NSmen MR, so they lazy to do paper work & all waive off at Unit level which is the reason why SAF is known to have double standard.


but in the 9th ICT, got one DXO(ex- retired LTC), say that I no need to take lei...



if like that then mean that if my birthday is on 29 or 30march(window just open) and then MR on 31march....i also have to take IPPT ah?!?!
 

guile

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
26,186
Reaction score
2,464
but in the 9th ICT, got one DXO(ex- retired LTC), say that I no need to take lei...



if like that then mean that if my birthday is on 29 or 30march(window just open) and then MR on 31march....i also have to take IPPT ah?!?!

Yah man...you won't even have time to book as you need at least 24 hours to book IPPT. Confirm will have no slots before 1st April.

and here i thought i've taken my last RT/IPPT last July...

Really hope if fail no need to go RT, if not *******.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top