Is it really over for Intel®?

Intel is ...

  • dead man walking, soon to be buried

    Votes: 58 50.9%
  • will bounce back, buyed Intc at $10 sure huat!

    Votes: 56 49.1%

  • Total voters
    114

Encrypted11

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2012
Messages
5,937
Reaction score
271
Updated, old profile fits like a glove.

No idea if there are new microcodes for Barlett Lake inside of the BIOS, don't have an up to date copy of MMtool.

But some of the BIOS items moved, like PMIC Unlock.
Some more knobs on the power limits/cTDP etc pushed downstream from the reference AMI APTIO V
for liability reasons I guess.



SJnFZM0.png
 

fkchon

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2022
Messages
931
Reaction score
466
nope the 200S boost is going to be slower than manual tweaking and theres some bugs with the Taichi OCF bios where the D2D and NGU is locked to 32x in the 200S boost bios.
 

matique

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2017
Messages
797
Reaction score
786
Updated, old profile fits like a glove.

No idea if there are new microcodes for Barlett Lake inside of the BIOS, don't have an up to date copy of MMtool.

But some of the BIOS items moved, like PMIC Unlock.
Some more knobs on the power limits/cTDP etc pushed downstream from the reference AMI APTIO V
for liability reasons I guess.



SJnFZM0.png
haha i'm still on an old bios from 2023. If it's not broken...i won't bother updating.
 

fkchon

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2022
Messages
931
Reaction score
466
Accidentally ordered my fittings on Taobao, looks like I'm all in on the Mora 600 now. Just gotta wait 3 months for delivery.
Y1Wnpd2.png
 

TanKianW

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2005
Messages
6,906
Reaction score
3,616
Accidentally ordered my fittings on Taobao, looks like I'm all in on the Mora 600 now. Just gotta wait 3 months for delivery.
Y1Wnpd2.png

Wow, surprised "Koolance" still survives to this day?!

The maker of my first external water cooling system, EXOS-2 resting on top of my (then) Silverstone TJ03 chassis.......memories...though the cooling performance is nothing to shout about. Eventually need to strip it down after it started leaking... :ROFLMAO:

Nostalgic~~~~
6TqlMqb.png
 

fkchon

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2022
Messages
931
Reaction score
466
from my research Koolance seems to be one of the better QDC, of course Alphacool makes it also but it just seems like everyone is using Koolance so I got it also.
 

Koenig168

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2007
Messages
10,055
Reaction score
1,758
Wow, surprised "Koolance" still survives to this day?!

The maker of my first external water cooling system, EXOS-2 resting on top of my (then) Silverstone TJ03 chassis.......memories...though the cooling performance is nothing to shout about. Eventually need to strip it down after it started leaking... :ROFLMAO:

Nostalgic~~~~
6TqlMqb.png


I remember eyeing this many, many years ago. :LOL:
 

fkchon

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2022
Messages
931
Reaction score
466
Also got a response from ASUS regarding aftermarket coolers and warranty.

ETKUw4V.png


Seems like ASUS is the only brand in SG that allows installing aftermarket waterblocks. The other option would be Gigabyte with the cards that already have a water block on them.

I know my next card will be ASUS.
 

elmariachi

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 30, 2005
Messages
6,342
Reaction score
1,491
Also got a response from ASUS regarding aftermarket coolers and warranty.

ETKUw4V.png


Seems like ASUS is the only brand in SG that allows installing aftermarket waterblocks. The other option would be Gigabyte with the cards that already have a water block on them.

I know my next card will be ASUS.
If you're gonna w/c the card, don't waste your money on the Astral. Just get the TUF will do. The cards aren't binned and the 2 extra power stages on the Astral won't be significant. Most of the astral/tuf blocks are the same one for series.
 

kimsix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 6, 2009
Messages
20,370
Reaction score
10,214
This round 5090 astral is well done, most customed of custom pcb, got extra temps sensors and current sensors

Will get most waterblock choices too. Now bonus news asus allow disassembly warranty free good news!
 
Last edited:

fkchon

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2022
Messages
931
Reaction score
466
ya tempting to get TUF 5090 but I think there isn't much headroom because of power limit, too bad the HOF XOC model is limited edition and China only otherwise that could be interesting
 

elmariachi

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 30, 2005
Messages
6,342
Reaction score
1,491
ya tempting to get TUF 5090 but I think there isn't much headroom because of power limit, too bad the HOF XOC model is limited edition and China only otherwise that could be interesting
25W difference will be offset by watercooling the card. Just that for the Astral I find it pointless if you're going to tear down that swanky cooler. Since there is no binning between the models, it only boils down to a mere 25W at the bios level. At some point, you'll be able to flash the Astral on your TUF like what I did on my 4090. I actually even did that to bypass the 1.07V on the newer 4090s that was locked at the bios level so that I could max out 1.1V. Of course if you have the dough for the Astral 5090, enjoy in good health!
 

matique

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2017
Messages
797
Reaction score
786
Wow, surprised "Koolance" still survives to this day?!

The maker of my first external water cooling system, EXOS-2 resting on top of my (then) Silverstone TJ03 chassis.......memories...though the cooling performance is nothing to shout about. Eventually need to strip it down after it started leaking... :ROFLMAO:

Nostalgic~~~~
6TqlMqb.png

Hahaha if swiftech is still somehow around, Koolance would be too. They still make some of the best coolants (702/705) and their g1/4 QDC is industry standard still. I still have my old koolance dual d5 bay reservoir.
 

fkchon

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2022
Messages
931
Reaction score
466
Not sure why the estimated date went from 8 weeks to around 5 weeks so I pulled the trigger. This is one expensive watercooling project.
T2gj4mR.png


The Alphacool compression fittings and Koolance QDC together probably adds another $250.

So whats the verdict on flushing the loop? and fluids do I use? I was looking at the Aquacomputer Double Protect Ultra but can't seem to find in SG.
 

elmariachi

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 30, 2005
Messages
6,342
Reaction score
1,491

fkchon

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2022
Messages
931
Reaction score
466
Intel annnounce 265K and 265KF price drop by $100 USD.
$389 SGD landed from Amazon.sg don't need to pay tax or shipping

Combo together with a ASRock Z890i Nova ITX, I think its a very good bang for buck package.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top