Is it really over for Intel®?

Intel is ...

  • dead man walking, soon to be buried

    Votes: 58 50.9%
  • will bounce back, buyed Intc at $10 sure huat!

    Votes: 56 49.1%

  • Total voters
    114

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,322
Reaction score
6,583
Ya, i sticking to my 0x113 microcode since no improvement.
 

Encrypted11

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2012
Messages
5,937
Reaction score
271
For Intel, microcodes do not really boost performance.

But whenever BIOS changelog indicates improved memory support, it means Memory Reference Code (MRC) updated, the equivalent of AMD's AGESA.
 

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,322
Reaction score
6,583

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2003
Messages
25,669
Reaction score
2,123
It looks like this is what ARL is capable of when it comes to gaming. I do think Intel should have kept silent when doing their investigation of what went wrong. Get it fixed first before "sounding the gong" that they will fix it. If the final fix goes in sometime in Jan next year, and the performance remains pretty much the same except a few cases, it will make them look worst.
 

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,322
Reaction score
6,583
Nvm, they already look worse liao. A few more doesn't make them better. The window fixes are actually in anyway via update.
 

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,322
Reaction score
6,583
Not much gain from 0x113. I will stick to my 0x113 for now.
 

m0n0n0ke

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2003
Messages
24,278
Reaction score
3,371

fkchon

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2022
Messages
933
Reaction score
466
Yes agreed. My 265K is quite useless in front of X3D cpus.

Really that bad? I been seeing wild claims like this one where he claims its the king of 1% lows which is ideal for esports.

I would love to get a rig up to and tinker around but Arrowlake at this point is quite expensive to jump in for me especially I already have 2 high end AM5 systems. Intel also isn't talking about the future of the LGA1851 platform.
 

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,322
Reaction score
6,583
Really that bad? I been seeing wild claims like this one where he claims its the king of 1% lows which is ideal for esports.

I would love to get a rig up to and tinker around but Arrowlake at this point is quite expensive to jump in for me especially I already have 2 high end AM5 systems. Intel also isn't talking about the future of the LGA1851 platform.
I took a gamble and hope the next cpu will still be on 1851 platform.
 

fkchon

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2022
Messages
933
Reaction score
466
I'm looking at the DDR5 memory for sale in SG, I can't even order anything faster than 8400MT/s. The new 9600MT/s CKD memory is available in Australia but won't ship to SG.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top