jogging and motivation thread

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2001
Messages
95,265
Reaction score
11,570
DNF my run this morning. maybe its the heat.. maybe it's just mental fatigue. stopped at merlion less than 10k into run. got a drink and sat at merlion steps for quite a while looking at the world go by and then took bus home.
as they say 明天会更好

I wanted to post this morning's heat also just now.....but i held back coz dont wanna be seen as kpkb , i wanna see how's tmr morning as well to confirm if the effect is real.
My kid did mention it as well just 60 mins in, just at around 7am. And we also made a wrong choice while fuelling mid-session, we ate hot porridge.

I think it takes maybe a week or 2 to get used to the heat again.......coming from the cooler weeks/months. (past week also got rain over several consecutive afternoons)

After returning and showering and pumping in hydration (kang shi bo tea), whole late morning + afternoon in AC room , now going to cook some hokkaido snow pork and soba to eat.
 
Last edited:

Kuudere

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2016
Messages
25,947
Reaction score
17,185
DNF my run this morning. maybe its the heat.. maybe it's just mental fatigue. stopped at merlion less than 10k into run. got a drink and sat at merlion steps for quite a while looking at the world go by and then took bus home.
as they say 明天会更好
Finished my run, started late at 8am, ran till 9am. Was tough, my HR towards the end of the 17km run was around 180bpm.

My HR remained quite high during cooldown.

Screenshot-2026-02-28-165638.png

Screenshot-2026-02-28-165857.png


I wanted to post this morning's heat also just now.....but i held back coz dont wanna be seen as kpkb , i wanna see how's tmr morning as well to confirm if the effect is real.
My kid did mention it as well just 60 mins in, just at around 7am. And we also made a wrong choice while fuelling mid-session, we ate hot porridge.

I think it takes maybe a week or 2 to get used to the heat again.......coming from the cooler weeks/months. (past week also got rain over several consecutive afternoons)

After returning and showering and pumping in hydration (kang shi bo tea), whole late morning + afternoon in AC room , now going to cook some hokkaido snow pork and soba to eat.
I was able to run through 8am, but started to get bad at 9am. The 9am heat is too much for me. I probably should start running earlier at 7am. If I did longer run, maybe wake up at 6-6.30am.
 

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2001
Messages
95,265
Reaction score
11,570
I was able to run through 8am, but started to get bad at 9am. The 9am heat is too much for me. I probably should start running earlier at 7am. If I did longer run, maybe wake up at 6-6.30am.

I just checked Sentosa, Clementi, Scotts Rd and Kim Chuan area on NEA MSS. Actually it's wierd, even at 8.30am, the heat index temperature was "only" like 33 deg C. Definitely not cool, but it's not super warm. April will be slightly warmer, 35-36 deg C heat index possible....in fact by just 10am it can get till 39 or even past 40 for areas like Marina Barrage.
Think more of acclimitisation, like how ang mohs would drop even at 22-24 deg C even at 50% RH in marathons coz of "sudden" temperature spikes, coz they have zero heat tolerance/training.
 

Kuudere

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2016
Messages
25,947
Reaction score
17,185
I just checked Sentosa, Clementi, Scotts Rd and Kim Chuan area on NEA MSS. Actually it's wierd, even at 8.30am, the heat index temperature was "only" like 33 deg C. Definitely not cool, but it's not super warm. April will be slightly warmer, 35-36 deg C heat index possible....in fact by just 10am it can get till 39 or even past 40 for areas like Marina Barrage.
Think more of acclimitisation, like how ang mohs would drop even at 22-24 deg C even at 50% RH in marathons coz of "sudden" temperature spikes, coz they have zero heat tolerance/training.
I still can tolerate 8.30am heat, but beyond 9am is terrible.

But it's not too bad, I can wake up earlier to avoid the heat.
 

GlassDoor

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 29, 2021
Messages
702
Reaction score
1,233
I still can tolerate 8.30am heat, but beyond 9am is terrible.

But it's not too bad, I can wake up earlier to avoid the heat.
I woke up late today. Only left house around 9.30am.. i think i ran like for 45+mins only before I stopped. HR was elevated... legs felt heavy.. and the body was sweating boatloads.... and then I ran pass merlion.. with all the "beautiful" people around.. and decided.... WTF... I am going stop and enjoy the scenery :ROFLMAO:
 

sales69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2003
Messages
13,548
Reaction score
8,984
Very HOT!!! Heat acclimatization runs starting early this year.
Out the door at 9am. 12k on a relatively shaded route with little distraction.
Back an hour ago and I am still perspiring as I type this.
Hot I like but not the humidity! Now at home already 75% RH.

Yesterday went for suntan run after 5pm. Sweat like a pig. 😂
 

sales69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 22, 2003
Messages
13,548
Reaction score
8,984
75% consider good for me. My shoes won't get soaking wet. No need to wash. But >90%, my shoes will pond after 1hour of easy run . Need to wash after every run.
Coming few months should be 70% upwards. No more windy drier weather. :(
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top