KSL Mall (Johor)

jasonhanjk

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2001
Messages
6,185
Reaction score
6
So at the JB custom, there is a separate lane for 'non toll route'? Thanks.

I mean we have toll road in JB. I always turn on my Gmap to get around.
Can buy and top up TnG card in CIQ but not really sure. Think it's most right lane?
 

Aaagogo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2002
Messages
16,208
Reaction score
4,895
yes, can buy new cards and can also top up.

don't need to care if it's the right most lane or the left most lane.

just stick to the kerb and drive straight and do not turn into any checkpoint counters. follow the kerb until the very last counter where there is no more kerb.

I mean we have toll road in JB. I always turn on my Gmap to get around.
Can buy and top up TnG card in CIQ but not really sure. Think it's most right lane?
 

darwinkoh

Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2000
Messages
362
Reaction score
19
Thanks everyone for the inputs. My turn to contribute....
Stay in KSL for 2 nights... got a 3 bedder connecting to a 2 bedder. Not cheap but affordable.
When driving to KSL, we took a wrong turn and thus was on a highway. Exit at around Taman Sentosa. Saw a big development opposite Sentosa Plaza... Later then understood that it is the Midvalley megamall which should be ready by end of the year.
Good thing about staying a KSL hotel is that all the facilities are under 1 roof. Saw 2 other nearby hotels, Century and Villa. However with kids, I still feel safer esp if we want to return to hotel after shopping past 10pm.. the advantage of under 1 roof.
Diaso is very big... n a few doors away.. Mr DIY which will be opened soon. Movie tickets at MBO is really cheap.. wanna watch more movies but all slots were taken up "Jurasic Park".
1 things that surprise me is grocery shopping... thought of packing up my booth with grocery prior to driving back to SGP. However, after going through 2-3 rounds at Tesco, I dun feel that the items there are that cheap as compare to local leh.. thus we din get any groceries... of cos pharmaceutical items and petrol are still very cheap
Overall, quite fun for the kids.. enjoy the short staycation... but probably we will targeting at Midvalley the next time.
 

matrix05

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
May 13, 2007
Messages
71,456
Reaction score
10,398
Thanks everyone for the inputs. My turn to contribute....
Stay in KSL for 2 nights... got a 3 bedder connecting to a 2 bedder. Not cheap but affordable.
When driving to KSL, we took a wrong turn and thus was on a highway. Exit at around Taman Sentosa. Saw a big development opposite Sentosa Plaza... Later then understood that it is the Midvalley megamall which should be ready by end of the year.
Good thing about staying a KSL hotel is that all the facilities are under 1 roof. Saw 2 other nearby hotels, Century and Villa. However with kids, I still feel safer esp if we want to return to hotel after shopping past 10pm.. the advantage of under 1 roof.
Diaso is very big... n a few doors away.. Mr DIY which will be opened soon. Movie tickets at MBO is really cheap.. wanna watch more movies but all slots were taken up "Jurasic Park".
1 things that surprise me is grocery shopping... thought of packing up my booth with grocery prior to driving back to SGP. However, after going through 2-3 rounds at Tesco, I dun feel that the items there are that cheap as compare to local leh.. thus we din get any groceries... of cos pharmaceutical items and petrol are still very cheap
Overall, quite fun for the kids.. enjoy the short staycation... but probably we will targeting at Midvalley the next time.

Nice FR, Would be better if you put pricing. The details are useful.
 

darwinkoh

Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2000
Messages
362
Reaction score
19
Nice FR, Would be better if you put pricing. The details are useful.
Price wise... hotel room is around S$100 each for both the 3 bedder and 2 bedder. Thus the 3 bedder is quite worth it. Room is well maintained and looks new. No bath tub but comes with rain shower. Guest of hotel can have free access to the mini water theme park.
Cost 49.50 RM ticket weekend movie for 2 adults and 2 kids.
Ate the at Din Tai Fung in CS. Price around two thirds of that in SGP.
Park as KSL mall. Basement car park is really dark... dun feel that safe. Feel more secure at the upper floor esp near to lobby or mall entrance.
However, I cant really find the infamous Ah Dong durian. Dun think it is 1 of the 2 stores next KFC opp Bah Kut Teh leh....
 

abkt99

Member
Joined
Jan 4, 2016
Messages
202
Reaction score
3
Price wise... hotel room is around S$100 each for both the 3 bedder and 2 bedder. Thus the 3 bedder is quite worth it. Room is well maintained and looks new. No bath tub but comes with rain shower. Guest of hotel can have free access to the mini water theme park.
Cost 49.50 RM ticket weekend movie for 2 adults and 2 kids.
Ate the at Din Tai Fung in CS. Price around two thirds of that in SGP.
Park as KSL mall. Basement car park is really dark... dun feel that safe. Feel more secure at the upper floor esp near to lobby or mall entrance.
However, I cant really find the infamous Ah Dong durian. Dun think it is 1 of the 2 stores next KFC opp Bah Kut Teh leh....
Ah Dong durian is slightly further up the road,closer to opposite Ah Hua Kuey Teow.Saw his stall during a trip there early this month.
 

StealthShadow

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2004
Messages
1,172
Reaction score
2
Anyone has good spectacle shop around/in KSL to recommend? Got some recommendations in the spectacles thread but quite old.

Looking for decent quality lens.
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,175
Reaction score
13,180
Anyone has good spectacle shop around/in KSL to recommend? Got some recommendations in the spectacles thread but quite old.

Looking for decent quality lens.

I personally went to Dr Specs - economical ones as I hardly use specs. Got 2 reading and 1 progressive.

Friend went to the corner one on the right of Dr Specs... other one in KSL recommended by members here before is the one next to the entrance.
 

StealthShadow

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2004
Messages
1,172
Reaction score
2
I personally went to Dr Specs - economical ones as I hardly use specs. Got 2 reading and 1 progressive.

Friend went to the corner one on the right of Dr Specs... other one in KSL recommended by members here before is the one next to the entrance.

next to the main entrance of the mall? is there only one entrance?

Thanks for the recommendations, will take a look... planning to get good quality lens as my eyesight is more complex (high degree + astig) and i depend on them everyday.
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,175
Reaction score
13,180
next to the main entrance of the mall? is there only one entrance?

Thanks for the recommendations, will take a look... planning to get good quality lens as my eyesight is more complex (high degree + astig) and i depend on them everyday.

The other 2 shops are on the same level as Dr Specs... Level G where Coffee Bean is, and that's on the other side of the optician next to the entrance.

I sometimes call it the "Coffee Bean entrance".

Another optician recommended here is in JB Sentral, one and only one there so you can't miss it. Maybe check this one out first, if you're passing through.
 

cal3135

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 17, 2003
Messages
787
Reaction score
16
I made mine at Dr specs, quite good quality.
Also the shop beside Old Town Coffee; which price is better than Dr Specs.
 

urban_closet

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 28, 2007
Messages
13,287
Reaction score
3
Just booked a twin room for 11 Aug weekend, RM252 (less than S$100!) for 3 pax
(single bed + twin bed)
 

Habrosus

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2005
Messages
29,175
Reaction score
13,180
Absolutely right, it was RM252; in Resort. Not D'esplanade (don't like their serviced apartments, they look quite old even in pictures)

I stayed at the apartment a few years back, after making a wrong booking when I didn't know the difference between the two.

The condition of the 3-bedroom unit I got was in a pretty good condition, I must say. Back then you'd have to pay for housekeeping, so we didn't bother since it's only a 1-night stay. We did our own housekeeping and cleared any rubbish whenever we went out.

The place was very spacious compared to the hotel room, and a very nice place to sit properly to enjoy your pasar malam buffet.

Don't know about the condition these days, but I might give it a try again if I've a group and we want to stay in the same unit. :)
 

bbmars1128

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 3, 2009
Messages
1,822
Reaction score
76
Absolutely right, it was RM252; in Resort. Not D'esplanade (don't like their serviced apartments, they look quite old even in pictures)

Actually, if you don't mind, you can try to book Airbnb.... it should be much cheaper. A check few months back, it was like $50 odd for 3 pax stay.

I did it once for 5 pax, but the room can actually stay 8. Condition is much better than D'explanade. For that room size, I paid inclusive of cleaning up $104. KSL D'esplanade charges was $148, Dec peak period.

My colleague booked through another Airbnb during that period... not sure why ... but was some $130+... Last March, he booked the same unit I stay... 10pax... paying the same price I did.....
Rooms are well decorated with wifi.
 

Zubuto

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2014
Messages
88
Reaction score
6
Anyone knows if MrDIY is already in business at KSL?

Last I read here, they were supposed to open in July but I can't find anything online to confirm.

Many thanks in advance.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top