bleonz
Senior Member
- Joined
- Dec 28, 2007
- Messages
- 1,500
- Reaction score
- 0
Yes, I would say LG this year line up is thumb up (both in terms of specs, design, function! Last year 2011 models was much disappointing except for the Passive FPR 3D technology.When the previous gen LW6500 and LW5700 series were launched, they were priced to compete with active 3D. Not so this time round, as the market has turned in passive 3D's favor, and there are little other passive 3D makers to compete with. That's why I feel LG is charging premium prices on its latest models.
For those who are balking at the prices and not in urgent need of upgrade, you could wait it out for other brands' passive 3D solutions. FPR is not a difficult tech to implement and I believe prices will come down very soon once other makers catch on to it.
And its true, Pana and Sony has bought the FPR technology license from LG. We will see more FPR 3D soon in the market.

