Living in JB

  • Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mental Health Helpline: 6389-2222 (24 hours) More info

gld998

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2008
Messages
38,432
Reaction score
2,344
Yes on negotiating lower rent, they are desperate to rent.
With rental now lower than 2K ringgit for a nice property , the JB landlord is actually subsidizing you after accounting for mortgage interest,maintenance and other misc expense the buyer has to pay. The minimum 1 million for foreign buyer has seriously distort property price in JB..
Yes. Avoid JB for now. Rent is ok. Can buy if get it at lowball price.
 
Last edited:

gld998

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2008
Messages
38,432
Reaction score
2,344
Collecting maintenance will be a big headache for the Management Council. Hence, the property condition will usually deteriorate after just 3-4 years.

I recommend staying away from condos in JB even though they are priced attractively now. Freehold landed that are gated and guarded near amenities are the way to go for own-stay.
Higher end one got do maintenance like JB's Astaka or KLCC area Condos. Better then hotel in fact.


I agree.

Many of the owners are from oversea. It is extremely difficult for them to recover the management fee from them.

I know of a person who owns a unit in Malaysia. He has not been paying his monthly management fee for more than 10 years!


The management can stop the owner who don't pay management fees by implementing lift and gate tap card access. Don't pay, disable your card access. I paying for a few condos that I own. Heng I dont own any condos in JB
 
Last edited:

gld998

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2008
Messages
38,432
Reaction score
2,344
If you want to live in JB now is the best time to rent. Just get a 2-3 years lease and whack them for 20-30% below their asking price. Better to rent it out than leave the unit empty.
LOL.. Actually if u dare.. Lowball and see who bites. Alot of desperados out there.

I as landlord would rather leave it empty then rent at lost, as I don't have to worry whether the tenant will destroy the house or not. I have holding power. Alot don't have holding power.
 
Last edited:

gld998

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2008
Messages
38,432
Reaction score
2,344
Actually there are more below 1500 pm rental ( guarded and gated as well) in Iskandar ..even saw a few horizon hill landed at 1.5k pm
This is true.. One my neighbour rented out at RM800 for condo at larkin. Lose until pants drop.
 
Last edited:

RMCWMR

Banned
Joined
Jan 13, 2019
Messages
8,581
Reaction score
1
LOL.. Actually if u dare.. Lowball and see who bites. Alot of desperados out there.

I as landlord would rather leave it empty then rent at lost, as I don't have to worry whether the tenant will destroy the house or not. I have holding power. Alot don't have holding power.

Oh that might come back to eat you alive. I know agents who have been illegally renting out units on air bnb without landlord's knowing and keeping the profits. Some empty units are broken into by drug addicts to use as their den.
 

RMCWMR

Banned
Joined
Jan 13, 2019
Messages
8,581
Reaction score
1
If the property is worth 1mil but you buy at 500k, u can declare as 1mil and say u pay 500k downpayment to the bank etc. Talk to the seller and get him to agree. That is the whole point of a lowball. U think Msia got structure like HDB ar?

I recently bought a KL landed at 1.6mil valued at 2.5mil. Now KL landed only can buy. Avoid penang and jb. Negative growth for sure. KL area stop building landed. You can only get landed outskirt KL only.

I cannot buy also if below 1mil. Only lowball 1mil and above property and try my luck.


You must know what are u doing. If its so bad, I would have given up long ago. Anyway there is nth much to rob also.

If you declare as 1 million and i am seller, i will sure screw you and ask for rm1 million as stated in S&P. You don't pay i forfeit your downpayment as you breach the terms of your agreement.
 

homer123

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2004
Messages
10,167
Reaction score
5,085
Even worse, some JB condo unit rented to pimp and become ***** den
Oh that might come back to eat you alive. I know agents who have been illegally renting out units on air bnb without landlord's knowing and keeping the profits. Some empty units are broken into by drug addicts to use as their den.
 

gld998

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2008
Messages
38,432
Reaction score
2,344
If you declare as 1 million and i am seller, i will sure screw you and ask for rm1 million as stated in S&P. You don't pay i forfeit your downpayment as you breach the terms of your agreement.
As long I don't sign anything, nth will happen. I got my ways.

Oh that might come back to eat you alive. I know agents who have been illegally renting out units on air bnb without landlord's knowing and keeping the profits. Some empty units are broken into by drug addicts to use as their den.
Hahaha.. I cut everything including electricity and water. See what they can do.

Sent from HUAWEI SHT-AL09 using GAGT
 

RMCWMR

Banned
Joined
Jan 13, 2019
Messages
8,581
Reaction score
1
As long I don't sign anything, nth will happen. I got my ways.


Hahaha.. I cut everything including electricity and water. See what they can do.

Sent from HUAWEI SHT-AL09 using GAGT

Ummm...you don't sign S&P how to complete the purchase?

Drug addict don't need electricity or water. So many around. Look for yourself
 

gld998

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2008
Messages
38,432
Reaction score
2,344
Ummm...you don't sign S&P how to complete the purchase?

Drug addict don't need electricity or water. So many around. Look for yourself
Ya.. I think its better u keep ur money in a milo tin and under your bed. Confirm very safe.

Sent from HUAWEI SHT-AL09 using GAGT
 

gld998

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2008
Messages
38,432
Reaction score
2,344
Even worse, some JB condo unit rented to pimp and become ***** den
Yes. If that happen. Milo tin under the bed for u. Don't take risk. Its very safe.

Sent from HUAWEI SHT-AL09 using GAGT
 

Mecisteus

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 16, 2002
Messages
55,821
Reaction score
12,243
Shouldn't keep so much cash and expensive jewellery. I don't even do that even in Sg.

If the robbers are desperate, they don't care if the house got cash or jewelries.

They will just give a try. :s13:
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top