[Mac 101] Ask your questions here!

xgwei

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 1, 2001
Messages
6,549
Reaction score
13
sku_21920_1.jpg

I use this to connect macbook to home theatre amps. Cheap and good.

thanks alot!!
 

davi502

Master Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2005
Messages
4,609
Reaction score
56
Anyone manage to auto sleep your mac via the energy saver preferences ?

I can manually sleep it, but not automatically. I have tried turning off airport but still doesnt work.

Anyone can help ?

Edit: solved.
 
Last edited:

davi502

Master Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2005
Messages
4,609
Reaction score
56
Is it natural for the back of my Imac to be so hot after just a few hours of use? This is near the top back part where there is this open slit; the bottom part is much cooler.

I did some searching online and it seems to be the case, something about aluminium being a good conductor of heat and the heat fan located near the back, but I would like a 2nd opinion here. :s11:

Yes, i'm having the same exp.
 

limpe84

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2010
Messages
6,410
Reaction score
1,193
Another issue - is the 14.1.2 update for MS office supposed to take so long to install? I had expected better looking at the specs of my imac, but it has been running for the last half hour. The last few % seems to be very slow. Is this expected, or has some problem already cropped up?
 

SExiao

Master Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2004
Messages
2,601
Reaction score
0
if you get from Apple Store online, you can use Citibank.

all other places (epicentre, nubox, challenger, etc) can use quite a few, like Citibank, DBS, UOB..

citibank ?

Me no have Citibank card.... that's why cannot buy from Apple Store..... so the rest of the reatil outlet do installment plan too??? Will go check it out.... =:p
 

mvp1985

Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2008
Messages
411
Reaction score
0
I having problem getting my hotmail emails on the mail apps.

After I setup everything, on the bottom left corner always show 1 of 58 and the % keep moving... but always stunk at 1 of 58

Any idea why
 

clause

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2010
Messages
1,753
Reaction score
0
Eh.. I waited for quite sometime still 1 of 58

Edited.. Wah final ok liao..

Btw is it normal the bottom and top of keyboard feels warm ?

Yea, kind of normal. Ultimately it depends on what kind of applications you are running and also are you in aircon enviroment ? It helps to cool down your mac too. hahha.

You can try install smcfancontrol. Can see your mac temperature and also the speed that both of your fan running at (if it is 15inch)
 

mvp1985

Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2008
Messages
411
Reaction score
0
Yea, kind of normal. Ultimately it depends on what kind of applications you are running and also are you in aircon enviroment ? It helps to cool down your mac too. hahha.

You can try install smcfancontrol. Can see your mac temperature and also the speed that both of your fan running at (if it is 15inch)

Hi there,

i not in air-con room.. Just playing ard due to new to mac :(

Will down that programs. thanks !!
 

clause

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2010
Messages
1,753
Reaction score
0
Hi there,

i not in air-con room.. Just playing ard due to new to mac :(

Will down that programs. thanks !!

Yea I know the feeling. Like playing a new toy. A very expensive one too. hahaha.

It can show and adjust your fan speed too. Do google it around. But I don't think you will need to set the fan higher unless it really get too hot then max it, since you do not want your fan to be spoilt too.

Mac can withstand up to 100 degree celcius, I think almost the same with other laptop as well. Mine usually hover around 45 to 65 degree in between these 2 temp. :D
 

evolute8

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 7, 2005
Messages
9,933
Reaction score
4
Are these available in Singapore?

Wanna use them on my MBP as the usb ports are too close to one another

!B+l5tngEWk~$(KGrHqEOKpIEy+jC0SuoBN!H)EEdYg~~0_35.JPG


Connector%20USB%20MF%201.JPG
 

mvp1985

Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2008
Messages
411
Reaction score
0
Yea I know the feeling. Like playing a new toy. A very expensive one too. hahaha.

It can show and adjust your fan speed too. Do google it around. But I don't think you will need to set the fan higher unless it really get too hot then max it, since you do not want your fan to be spoilt too.

Mac can withstand up to 100 degree celcius, I think almost the same with other laptop as well. Mine usually hover around 45 to 65 degree in between these 2 temp. :D

Icic, i just dl tat program but after install, i double click on tat program.. nth happend.. duno y oso...:s11:
 

clause

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2010
Messages
1,753
Reaction score
0
Icic, i just dl tat program but after install, i double click on tat program.. nth happend.. duno y oso...:s11:

You double click, then icon pop up in desktop I think, just double click it and drag it into application folder. It is a whole folder. Can't really exactly remember how I install it.

Then later on just open it and it will show in your task bar. :) its not shown as a window by itself.
 

mvp1985

Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2008
Messages
411
Reaction score
0
You double click, then icon pop up in desktop I think, just double click it and drag it into application folder. It is a whole folder. Can't really exactly remember how I install it.

Then later on just open it and it will show in your task bar. :) its not shown as a window by itself.

Ya saw on top of the task bar.. Went into youtube to look for answer.. thanks alot

Jialat man.. Like newbies learning window =____=
 

davi502

Master Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2005
Messages
4,609
Reaction score
56

clause

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2010
Messages
1,753
Reaction score
0
Ya saw on top of the task bar.. Went into youtube to look for answer.. thanks alot

Jialat man.. Like newbies learning window =____=

Hahaha. Yea I understand man. I'm learning too. :)

Give yourself a week to learnt. It takes time man. It can be quite uncomfortable at times especially if you learnt the different apps and those alternatives app. :s22:

Maybe I learnt a bit better cause I use ubuntu (linux) before which is almost similar. hahaha. :s13::s13:
 

mvp1985

Member
Joined
Sep 25, 2008
Messages
411
Reaction score
0
Hahaha. Yea I understand man. I'm learning too. :)

Give yourself a week to learnt. It takes time man. It can be quite uncomfortable at times especially if you learnt the different apps and those alternatives app. :s22:

Maybe I learnt a bit better cause I use ubuntu (linux) before which is almost similar. hahaha. :s13::s13:

:s13: No wonder.. btw the battery hw u charge ? Will u use till certain % then plug in the adapter or plug in all the way
 

davi502

Master Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2005
Messages
4,609
Reaction score
56
Apps I'm using so far:

1. Quicksilver
2. BetterTouchTool
3. PleaseSleep
4. AppZapper
5. Parallels
6. Ultraedit
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top