[Mac 101] Ask your questions here!

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2002
Messages
16,056
Reaction score
861
thanks but, correct is in? wait for preinstalled models or no diff, just buy and upgrade is easy
 

negativzero

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2005
Messages
7,766
Reaction score
11
However he can provided the box at 20% of his stated price isnt it? and Do you know any other seller that have better price ?

It seems 548 are kind of steep. =S

Yea I'm kind of a cheapo. haha.

ya well, why not sell the box set at his stated price then? shipping isn't that much more expensive in any case.

anyway just read this and you'll know why its dangerous to buy AppleCare from anyone other than an authorised seller. there are many more examples on the net, you can go google yourself
http://reviews.ebay.com/FAKE-APPLECARE-APPLE-CARE-A-warning-to-buyers_W0QQugidZ10000000011731235

its just not worth it risking your equipment for a cheap product.
 

daggerden

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2008
Messages
646
Reaction score
0
Hi guys, got a qn here. anybody got any idea how can i purchase an imac but using installment. Here the thing, i only got dbs debit, which i also did inquire w challenger that only credit card is possible for installment for them. So any possible to pay installment using giro kind for example?
 

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 11, 2007
Messages
17,512
Reaction score
19
Hi guys, got a qn here. anybody got any idea how can i purchase an imac but using installment. Here the thing, i only got dbs debit, which i also did inquire w challenger that only credit card is possible for installment for them. So any possible to pay installment using giro kind for example?

No not possible to buy with installment using any debit card.
 

negativzero

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2005
Messages
7,766
Reaction score
11
Hi guys, got a qn here. anybody got any idea how can i purchase an imac but using installment. Here the thing, i only got dbs debit, which i also did inquire w challenger that only credit card is possible for installment for them. So any possible to pay installment using giro kind for example?

If you are student, take student loan from school. Other than that, there is no other way to pay by installments with debit.
 

limpe84

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2010
Messages
6,410
Reaction score
1,193
Hi guys, got a qn here. anybody got any idea how can i purchase an imac but using installment. Here the thing, i only got dbs debit, which i also did inquire w challenger that only credit card is possible for installment for them. So any possible to pay installment using giro kind for example?
The indirect way would be to take up a small loan of about 4k from the bank (assuming you are working), then slowly pay them back over 2 years.
 

mikeeeey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2002
Messages
16,056
Reaction score
861
The indirect way would be to take up a small loan of about 4k from the bank (assuming you are working), then slowly pay them back over 2 years.
that would not be worth it cos of the interest. bank loans if interest free are usually short tenure, 1-3mths.

only way is find someone with citibank (or similar) and buy with interest-free instalment. then you pay them back
 

elantrahatch

Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2004
Messages
382
Reaction score
0
I bought my 15" MBP's Applecare @ iStudio in Orchard Central about 2 weeks back. I asked the sales staff and there was a 20% discount without purchasing of the machine. Ended up, I paid about S$440.00.

I hope this helps. =)
 

clause

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2010
Messages
1,753
Reaction score
0
I bought my 15" MBP's Applecare @ iStudio in Orchard Central about 2 weeks back. I asked the sales staff and there was a 20% discount without purchasing of the machine. Ended up, I paid about S$440.00.

I hope this helps. =)

Ohh ? Was it promotion or smth ? That looks good. 440 way cheaper than 548 already.
 

limpe84

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2010
Messages
6,410
Reaction score
1,193
How long do the batteries in your wireless apple mouse last?

Mine seems to be draining very quickly. I have it on typically about 6-8 hours a day on weekdays, and possibly up to 12 hours on weekends. Been about 1 week, and battery is already down to 80% This means I have to change/recharge it every month on average?

Conversely, the batteries in my wireless keyboard still show at full power? I have never used wireless devices before, but the drain seems quite fast. Is this normal, or should I just switch back to a normal corded mouse?
 

elantrahatch

Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2004
Messages
382
Reaction score
0
Ohh ? Was it promotion or smth ? That looks good. 440 way cheaper than 548 already.

I asked them but they could not give me a definite answer. Nonetheless, my warranty is expiring in October, so I might as well get it.

If you're driving, do redeem a carpark coupon from the information counter.
 

clause

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2010
Messages
1,753
Reaction score
0
I asked them but they could not give me a definite answer. Nonetheless, my warranty is expiring in October, so I might as well get it.

If you're driving, do redeem a carpark coupon from the information counter.

I see I see. 440 is 8 bucks cheaper then education price. Oh well, my warranty still way longer from expiry date! :)

I will see how it goes then. Thanks for the info ya. :)
 

negativzero

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2005
Messages
7,766
Reaction score
11
I bought my 15" MBP's Applecare @ iStudio in Orchard Central about 2 weeks back. I asked the sales staff and there was a 20% discount without purchasing of the machine. Ended up, I paid about S$440.00.

I hope this helps. =)

I just went there today and got my AppleCare at $411 :)
Thanks for the tip!
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top