[Mac 101] Ask your questions here!

teozeniC

Member
Joined
Sep 28, 2010
Messages
213
Reaction score
0
Anyone using Adobe CS5.5 on Lion 10.7? After I search in Google it seems that there's some compatibility issue, I wondering can CS4 be use in Lion?


i think this should be a common problem for cs5, 5.5 users on osx lion.. i am using cs5 master suite and i just couldnt get it t work.. it keeps asking me for the serial number. still trying to troubleshoot this issue....
 

badsector

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 10, 2001
Messages
6,521
Reaction score
57
just realise MAC has pretty crappy bluetooth driver

it does not auto connect to BT headset

any tricks to solve it?
 

Matt.Lee

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2008
Messages
86
Reaction score
0
How do you find all your network drives in iMac?
On the previous OSX SL, I can find in when opening iFinder and all the network drives will be displayed there. Now after upgrade to Lion, can't use this method any more.

One more question, how to do mapping of network drives??

Thanks.:)
 

skipper

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
11,198
Reaction score
0
How do you find all your network drives in iMac?
On the previous OSX SL, I can find in when opening iFinder and all the network drives will be displayed there. Now after upgrade to Lion, can't use this method any more.

One more question, how to do mapping of network drives??

Thanks.:)

"command" + "K"

smb://xxx.xxx.xxx the IP address of your network drives.
 

-RomeoNJuliet-

Junior Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2011
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
I wonder if there is any similar windows programs made for Mac OS? Recommendations please, exclud. bootcamp/parallel/crossover.

As follows:
IDM (Internet Download Manager)
dBpoweramp

Thanks :)
 

zheyan

Senior Member
Joined
May 25, 2001
Messages
772
Reaction score
0
Yo, can anyone help?
I have a Buffalo NAS at home, and using the same home network (WIFI/LAN), it should show as a network drive/folder. my NAS requires authetication to access. However, nowadays most of the time it did not show on my MacBook Air Lion.. If it did somehow show, i cannot connect (even though i already saved my NAS login credentials)..
 

Th3Keeper

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 21, 2002
Messages
6,070
Reaction score
2
My question is, is the programme "Mackeeper" any good? Googled and received both positive and negative feedbacks. Was wondering any experts here use or used it before
 

PCI_Slot

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2006
Messages
1,258
Reaction score
3
Reformat Mac Partition only (w/ Bootcamp)

Is it possible to reformat my mac partition only by using the disk utility in the install disk to delete the mac partition and then reinstall mac on the partition, and then use bootcamp as per normal?

I know some people will say there is no need to do that for a mac... but I just want to clear out all of my softwares + data and install those that I need only. It's been 3 years, some stuff is really junk and dont worry, I backed up all those data that I needed.
 

Soft Shell Crab

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 19, 2011
Messages
2,163
Reaction score
1
i clicked on the cdrom eject button on my sidebar.. now the cdrom icon is missing from desktop and sidebar..

how to get it back ah??

and yes, i did check the show cdrom options in finder's general preferences.

thanks in advance..
 

annen11

Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2011
Messages
230
Reaction score
0
Assign new keys to move to trash

hi all, i know the shortcut for moving to trash is Cmd+Del.

I would like to assign another set of hotkeys to delete, so that i only use my left hand, and my right hand can remain on the mouse/trackpad.

any idea how i can do it ?

I have already added the "Delete" button in my finder.. prefer to use keyboard shortcuts instead.. any help ? Thanks !
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top