[Mini OC guide] - EVGA X58 LE

darth_rufio

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2005
Messages
779
Reaction score
0
will some lower voltage later or maybe tomorrow. I see whether this setting is stable first. my realtemp quite funny. keep changing from 82 to 76 then 82 then 76 again.. my last i7-860 not like this.
 

ionicle88

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Messages
34,040
Reaction score
0
will some lower voltage later or maybe tomorrow. I see whether this setting is stable first. my realtemp quite funny. keep changing from 82 to 76 then 82 then 76 again.. my last i7-860 not like this.

what happend to your i7-860?
 

darth_rufio

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2005
Messages
779
Reaction score
0
I try the xmp settings but cannot even boot. then I try 7-7-7-19 but can only boot halfway. I want to set it 1866 so it's not wasted.
 

ionicle88

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Messages
34,040
Reaction score
0
I try the xmp settings but cannot even boot. then I try 7-7-7-19 but can only boot halfway. I want to set it 1866 so it's not wasted.

super interesting...

XMP profile u can only enable it unless u r on 133MHz BCLK

if u r running 200MHz, go for standard and change the DRAM Multiplier manually and iirc yours should be a 8-8-8-24 or 9-9-9-27
 

ionicle88

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Messages
34,040
Reaction score
0
mine is 9-9-9-24 or 27.. cannot remember. so how to change the multiplier manually?

see my step 7 or something..

there is a Memory Frequency option that is on Auto... change that option will do :p

press enter and various speed will show up..

and the target memory frequency will show the effective speed on the multiplier..

that is also another plus feature on the EVGA boards... u don't have to manually calculate the speed :p
 

ionicle88

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2007
Messages
34,040
Reaction score
0
ok... will try.. now stress testing with 1.2562v. so far so good.

4GHz? thats the voltage i am running @ now.. GZGZ~~~ /clap

only jacked it up to 1.2875V for the article coz i know some chips may require more voltage :p
 

darth_rufio

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2005
Messages
779
Reaction score
0
yeah.. I also quite shock coz I try first at 1.26 then stable.. then lower abit to 1.2562 then still stable.. but my temp is around 81-85.
 

eurofunk

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
35,827
Reaction score
140
yeah.. I also quite shock coz I try first at 1.26 then stable.. then lower abit to 1.2562 then still stable.. but my temp is around 81-85.

according to the others who successfully done it, supposed to get 70+ at load max and idle temp of 45max @ 4ghz....otherwise means somewhere nt done right liao...
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top